Hearts statement re young Devin Gordon

That’s horrible, knew a family this happened to. Soul destroying. Young lad pushed his friend off the track and he was hit, was very hard on the family.

13 years old. That's just awful. I hope he's at peace.

We must support the young people in our society. I'd never speculate on what this wee lad was going through but to take his own life because of it was tragic.

I know nothing about this story but life can be really tough at that age. Kids can be so cruel to each other. Then there's added pressure of school life, puberty, family and Covid. 13 is no age, things do get better if you have the right support around you. RIP.

I know nothing about this story but life can be really tough at that age. Kids can be so cruel to each other. Then there's added pressure of school life, puberty, family and Covid. 13 is no age, things do get better if you have the right support around you. RIP.
Agree mate Al tell you something aswell that social media is a fucking curse ,not only can kids perhaps be bullied outside now it can come straight to there bedroom hate it would happily see it dissappear

Absolutely heartbreaking for the young lad and his family , impossible to put into words but my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time.
RIP young man.

How many more times do we need to read this story before it's treated seriously?

I was all about collecting ginger bottles to buy football stickers at that age. What kinds of pressure are being put onto kids nowadays?

RIP Devin.
Condolences to the Gordon family.

That is brutally sad. I have two young boys of 6 and 4 and I hope they understand that there are never any circumstances so bad, where they can't confide in their mum or dad. Horrible for the family. RIP.
I have a 12 year old currently being bullied at school..I've told him call me any time of the day and be straight over. Teachers are fucking useless with it. If the call comes or my boy gets hurt I'll be going nuclear!

Live locally and it’s hit the local community hard. By all accounts a nice young lad and absolutely horrific that something drove him to this.
I have a wee girl at 12 and it scares me beyond words that this sort of thing is ‘in her world’.

My wee one is seeing a councillor tomorrow as she's so upset at this happening to one of her friends, it's so tragic

I lost a good friend when I was 13 to a school bus crash. The whole year group at school was devastated.

One of my friends mums said to me:

Be sad that he’s gone, but be happier that you knew him.

Changed my young mind a bit. Still in touch with his parents to this day and when I think of him I remember the good times, the football at lunch etc

Happening far too much these days, shows you how bad society is becoming when so many kids and yound men are doing this to themselves. Something needs to be done it's a disgrace.
It is a disgrace mate but until society accepts that mental health is every but as important as physical health nothing will change. The Government could start funding mental health properly for a start.

How terrible and what must it say about society that someone so young with a whole life ahead of him can feel so hopeless that he can't go on. 13.

My grandson is 13 years old. It despairs me that a child that age can feel so unworthy that death is preferable. God bless you son and your family.

I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old, i read these stories and instantly think of them.

It’s unspeakably tragic, so very sad that a 13 year old felt he had no other way out

Agree mate Al tell you something aswell that social media is a fucking curse ,not only can kids perhaps be bullied outside now it can come straight to there bedroom hate it would happily see it dissappear
Came on to post exactly that. Social media has a massive impact on kids and adults alike. My daughter is 9 and I am going to shield her from social media for as long as possible.. absolute curse on society. Would honestly be happy if facebook snapchat Instagram etc got done away with.

Tragic that someone so young feels this is their only option. Heartbreaking. RIP young man.

It is a disgrace mate but until society accepts that mental health is every but as important as physical health nothing will change. The Government could start funding mental health properly for a start.
I've struggled with mental health most of my adult life mate and Al tell you there has been times when I would rather my leg was hanging off rather than suffering all the crap in your head.There isn't enough help your right it makes it more sad when I hear of young folk suffering and feeling there is no other way,it's a disgrace the lack of decent help is shocking in this country

Last edited:
Horrific and tragic news my thoughts go out to his family and friends. Can't start to think where a poor child's mind is to donthat.

We should also spare a thought for the poor train driver who will be traumatised just by going work that day.

I have a 12 year old currently being bullied at school..I've told him call me any time of the day and be straight over. Teachers are fucking useless with it. If the call comes or my boy gets hurt I'll be going nuclear!
Actually feel sad reading this. Detest bullies, absolute scum.. good on you for showing your boy that your there for him, which may sound daft but him knowing that you are there for him and wanting to help will do him the world of good.. hopefully things brighten up for him and the bullying stops.

Actually feel sad reading this. Detest bullies, absolute scum.. good on you for showing your boy that your there for him, which may sound daft but him knowing that you are there for him and wanting to help will do him the world of good.. hopefully things brighten up for him and the bullying stops.
Thanks mate

Back