Hearts statement re young Devin Gordon

I've struggled with mental health most of my adult life mate and Al tell you there has been times when I would rather my leg was hanging off rather than suffering all the crap in your head
Know exactly what your talking about. Not through me personally being affected by mental health but the people closest to me.

Horrible way to be feeling and then add in the pressure and bullying that can arise on social media it can be too much for people.

Hope all is well for you now mate. Most important and best piece of advice is make sure you talk to someone, it can be anyone, just talk.

I have a 12 year old currently being bullied at school..I've told him call me any time of the day and be straight over. Teachers are fucking useless with it. If the call comes or my boy gets hurt I'll be going nuclear!
I'm sorry to hear this mate,bullies are absolute wrong uns there for the watching your spot on about some of they teachers and your right about going nuclear it's every fathers right to do so,

Never knew the story, and can’t quite believe it. The idea that a 13 year old boy felt the only way to relieve his pain was through taking his own life breaks my heart. Couldn’t even begin to imagine what it’s like for his family.

This happened just round the corner from me and having lost my youngest brother in similar circumstances it’s a tough read. My brother was 28 when he took his own life but I have all the memories of him growing up as a child and very much feel the loss for the kid he was as well as the man he became. To think this poor lad never even made it out of childhood is absolutely tragic.

I'm struggling to get this boy out my head. It's soul destroying knowing he was in so much pain he resorted to doing this at 13 years old!!!

Know exactly what your talking about. Not through me personally being affected by mental health but the people closest to me.

Horrible way to be feeling and then add in the pressure and bullying that can arise on social media it can be too much for people.

Hope all is well for you now mate. Most important and best piece of advice is make sure you talk to someone, it can be anyone, just talk.
Thanks alot mate means alot,I'm doing OK the now but your absolutely spot on you have to speak to someone don't bottle it up doesn't make you any less of a man,you'll be amazed how better it makes you feel once you start talking about it

Thanks alot mate means alot,I'm doing OK the now but your absolutely spot on you have to speak to someone don't bottle it up doesn't make you any less of a man,you'll be amazed how better it makes you feel once you start talking about it
That’s what I was going to write but wasn’t want to go too much into it. Speaking out and speaking to people will make you feel so much better, make you feel as if there’s a bit of pressure lifted off you and also make you realise that there is help out there. All this stuff about “oh I’m a man I can’t talk” is nonsense, guaranteed you feel more of a “man”once you do open up and speak.

Good to hear your doing well, all the best mate

That’s what I was going to write but wasn’t want to go too much into it. Speaking out and speaking to people will make you feel so much better, make you feel as if there’s a bit of pressure lifted off you and also make you realise that there is help out there. All this stuff about “oh I’m a man I can’t talk” is nonsense, guaranteed you feel more of a “man”once you do open up and speak.

Good to hear your doing well, all the best mate
Thanks again mate and all the best to you aswell

Came on to post exactly that. Social media has a massive impact on kids and adults alike. My daughter is 9 and I am going to shield her from social media for as long as possible.. absolute curse on society. Would honestly be happy if facebook snapchat Instagram etc got done away with.

Tragic that someone so young feels this is their only option. Heartbreaking. RIP young man.

Have tried to do this with my daughter (14 years old) but it's almost impossible. We didn't want her to have Snapchat (for example) and she didn't want it either but she was in school groups which used it and was missing out. Now has Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp even though we've done our best to avoid all social media.

Have tried to do this with my daughter (14 years old) but it's almost impossible. We didn't want her to have Snapchat (for example) and she didn't want it either but she was in school groups which used it and was missing out. Now has Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp even though we've done our best to avoid all social media.
Aye that’s it, the pressure on the young ones to have these platforms. Does my head in. The one with my daughter is tik tok, she’s 9. Trying to explain to a 9 year old they aren’t allowed to have social media for THEIR benefit is a hard task.

Also the young ones think it’s cool and big if they have it, and that they are missing out and will get slagged if they don’t have it. Genuinely all I’ve ever seen or heard of on social media is negative.

I can't read bad stories about young children makes you think too much of the pain and suffering. Horrific tragedy for this young teen and his family. Safe in the arms young lad.

Every parent’s absolute worst nightmare.

I can’t even begin to imagine what Jen and the rest of the Gordon family are going through.

Utterly tragic. :(

As a parent and a depute head teacher, the impact of bullying on kids mental health scares the shit out me. What a tragedy for this boy and his family.

Hopefully, if anything good can come out of something as horrendous as this, its that people think about the ramifications of their words/actions.

Heartbreaking stuff.

I started the thread in the lounge about this as Devin was in the year above my daughter and she knew him from primary school too. It’s such a tragic event for everyone on the community.

Glad Hearts are doing something for him as the wee guys was a huge fan but it’s just as shame that it has come to this

As a parent and a depute head teacher, the impact of bullying on kids mental health scares the shit out me. What a tragedy for this boy and his family.

Hopefully, if anything good can come out of something as horrendous as this, its that people think about the ramifications of their words/actions.

Heartbreaking stuff.
The early reports said bullying wasn’t involved here . Awful either way !

I started the thread in the lounge about this as Devin was in the year above my daughter and she knew him from primary school too. It’s such a tragic event for everyone on the community.

Glad Hearts are doing something for him as the wee guys was a huge fan but it’s just as shame that it has come to this
Hope your daughter is ok mate. We really are hamstrung at times by the Scottish idea that you dont ‘grass’ and so young kids bottle all this up as they feel they cant ask for help. It must be hell on earth for the victims. Thoughts with ur daughter and all his friends at this unbelievably hard time.

Lot of money has been raised on the just giving page to support them, but in all honesty it won’t ease their pain
That's good, I didn't mean in that way but it will take away the thought of where they get the money from to give him a good send off.

Hopefully they have someone looking after them and offering advice.

That's good, I didn't mean in that way but it will take away the thought of where they get the money from to give him a good send off.

Hopefully they have someone looking after them and offering advice.
Yeah I totally get you I think they are being supported but I think the rumours going around the schools won’t be helping, he has two younger siblings and they will really struggle too

It’s not much but maybe to show support to the family all the grounds in the Premiership could have a 13th minute applause.

A real tragedy and a sign of how difficult life can be for kids, especially in today’s society. It genuinely gives worries bringing up my young daughter in this World.

RIP Devin.

Words fail me….no parent should go through this.
I hope that we participate in friendship and best wishes and support by having a minutes applause on the 13th minute on Wednesday…

RIP Devin, my heart goes out to everyone who is affected by this, been through something similar twice in my life you never truly get over it.

Obviously never knew the wee guy but first I read it and showed it to my wife and we both filled up.

Tragic.

R.I.P. son. Hope your in a good place now.

Heartbreaking. Can’t even begin to imagine what was so tormenting it drove the boy to that. Only a bairn. He’s just a happy kid in that picture.

All my thoughts go to his family and I hope the wee man has found his peace.

Back