Hearts Statement.

Basically says they won't vote for the SPFL deal but would if league reconstruction would secure their own place in the top division.
That's how it looks to me , however what they did say and I think Partick in the division below said is

However, I firmly believe that we must try to find a solution which ensures that no Club should be penalised as a consequence of these exceptional circumstances.

So on that basis they should support our view that the season should be completed

Basically says they won't vote for the SPFL deal but would if league reconstruction would secure their own place in the top division.
That's how I read it too.

It's not exactly backing us up.

Not exactly a shocker that Hearts will back anything that means they don't get relegated.

Rightly so since they had plenty games left save themselves.

Think we all know the mentally challengeds will be going all out to change a few clubs minds like hearts and that will be league reconstruction

Neil Doncaster today
giphy.gif

I thought that was Anthony Stokes for a second o_O

This line is a cracker btw and they are spot on.

‘’If the Government can change the Laws of the Land, within 24 hours, to cope with this crisis, then surely it cannot be impossible for Scottish Football’s Governing bodies to modify rules to get things done’’

I’ve been critical of the board for not having enough influence off field but they’ve obviously been in contact with Hearts and Thistle, both highlight the need for greater conversation about the way forward.

It’s a promising statement but reading between the lines it’s obvious they’d happily go with reconstruction if offered. It proves that everyone is driven by self-motivation. We can argue the merits of who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong but it’ll come down to self-interest. Plain and simple, Rangers should get Hearts or better still Aberdeen (if they are warming to our viewpoint) to propose N&V and an equal split so the money can be released to those who need it.

Imagine they pull off the Rangers resolution being passed and then in interests of sporting integrity agree a halfway point average points conclusion and nobody relegated, just reconstruction.

:))
Who wins the league based on the half way positions

It was emphasised today that some clubs, particularly those in the lower Leagues, need funds to be released to help them navigate their way through this exceptional situation. I do not accept however, that this resolution needs to be passed in order to release those funds.

Something that no journalist seems to have asked.

Why the %^*& do we need to hand the mentally challengeds a title in order to dish out the prize money.
oh because it's absolutely legally unthinkable, haven't you heard?

just like null & void and any other decision that doesn't benefit timmy

You do wonder what the lower league clubs will do / decide / say. And how many will be bought by some promises from "Paradise", as in days gone by.

You do wonder what the lower league clubs will do / decide / say. And how many will be bought by some promises from "Paradise", as in days gone by.

My understanding was that the lower league clubs only vote for the championship down and they have no say in our league. Might be wrong here. Very confusing.

They are looking after themselves and quite rightly so.

Load of games left to play and only 4 points behind.

From reading the statement I do think if relegation was off the table due to ‘reconstruction’ of the league in its current form I think they could have their minds changed.

Going to be a very interesting few days!

This is it. So the SPFL will fudge it so that it takes Hearts out of the issue and we’ll be last club standing. You can spot it from a mile off.

Good statement. Curious about the part where they say "we now find ourselves once again in apparent disarray. For the avoidance of doubt, I am not pointing fingers at the SPFL Executive, nor indeed at the Board".

So who are they pointing the finger at for this apparent disarray and does it make them more likely to stick to their guns on this one. Yes restructuring the leagues would save them but so would the option of calling the league off/incomplete with no winners or losers.

This is why I always support our board and always oppose fan ownership.

It is very easy to go down the " no one likes us we don't care " route but it simply doesn't work in any walk of life. You need to compromise and work with others.

My understanding was that the lower league clubs only vote for the championship down and they have no say in our league. Might be wrong here. Very confusing.

No, it’s clear in the SPFL Articles of Association.

All 42 clubs get a vote, but they vote in three voting blocks. Each block is required to approve a Resolution. The vote requires 75% (9-3) approval in the Premier League PLUS 75% (8-2) approval in the Championship PLUS 75% (15-5) approval from the combined League 1/2 clubs.

I think Raman is muddying the waters there.

The Hootsman:

There really was something hapless about the SPFL board’s move to buy off clubs that presently find themselves in a parlous financial position in order to terminate immediately the Championship, League One and League Two.

However they might choose to dress it up, that is precisely what they sought to do. If 75 per cent of the 42 senior sides vote through a resolution that would instantly award titles and promotion to Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, relegate Partick Thistle and Stranraer and cancel the play-offs then, and only then, will prize money flow into fast-emptying coffers. As transparent as a freshly buffed window, unlike such a pane, it did not stand up to close inspection. More pathetic still was the sop that if those in charge of the clubs were good boys and girls and voted as instructed, then the old perennial of league reconstruction, in time for season 2020-21, could come under discussion. They know, as we all do, that there isn’t a hope on earth of the necessary support being obtained to expand the upper tiers in time for next season. The only means to spare clubs of relegation under the current proposal.

Rangers and Thistle immediately saw through it, and admirably called it out for being the rushed, ill-considered plan it undoubtedly is, one that attempted to lay out the groundwork for the Premiership being concluded in the selfsame fashion further down the line.

Timmy and Hibs have fallen out of late. plus it's the american owners now in town, not neccessariiy Petrie... never say never...
It would be a slap in the face for Petrie, seeing his old team go against him. Let's face it,. he'll be for the beggars being handed the title

Back