Hearts Statement.

Of course they are.

They have said officially that they will be voting for our resolution and it will be interesting to see how they react when they are faced with voting for cash now or the reconstruction carve up that hands the Scum the title.
Reconstruction and Hearts will bite their hand off!!

That would be funny.

I only said ooft because the w*nks on JKB will be raging with Budge right now. I fully expect her to do a 180 when they sell keeping their place in the SPFL to give the filth a title.

How must the old school Hearts fans feel?
I just spent about half an our on their thread and the general views seems to be that Budge's statement is fine but weak. They'd have preferred her to make a stronger statement like we did and some think she's being diplomatic and hoping our position gets endorsed by other clubs. I was surprised that they weren't critical of us (as they are wont to do) and was expecting us to get pelters from their fans - but they seemed pretty positive about us.

A fair few very unhappy at the possibility of relegation without a fight and reckon they're being stitched up as it's the easy option. Even some calls for us and them to resign from the league!

Looks like their are a few decent Jambos kicking around after all!

I just spent about half an our on their thread and the general views seems to be that Budge's statement is fine but weak. They'd have preferred her to make a stronger statement like we did and some think she's being diplomatic and hoping our position gets endorsed by other clubs. I was surprised that they weren't critical of us (as they are wont to do) and was expecting us to get pelters from their fans - but they seemed pretty positive about us.

A fair few very unhappy at the possibility of relegation without a fight and reckon they're being stitched up as it's the easy option. Even some calls for us and them to resign from the league!

Your enemies enemy is your friend.lets wait and see how long this lasts.

I have to say I'm shocked by that CC. Maybe some can still see the wood for the trees.

I fully expect Hearts to vote reconstruction when it's dangled however.

And...........its Hibs. Well according to the Edinburgh evening news it is.

By Moira Gordon
Wednesday, 8th April 2020, 10:30 pm

Calling for “calm heads and clear thinking,” Hibernian chief executive Leeann Dempster says that instead of “battering towards a decision” on its future, Scottish football needs to take a breath and make the most of the opportunity it has been afforded to hit the reset button.
While some clubs want to call time on a season that was suspended last month due to the coronavirus pandemic, she would prefer to see out the remaining games, although she is well aware that may require a lengthy wait.
“What we know at the minute is that we are not playing football for the next three, maybe four months. If we do manage to kick a ball in July then I think we will be lucky. I’m much more optimistic about August or beyond and that is what everyone is dealing with at the moment.

“Let’s be honest, every day that goes by and every bit of information we get out from the medical people, suggests more and more that it is going to get harder and harder to finish the league, unless we are willing to finish the league in August or Sept but we [Hibs] would be open-minded about that.”

It is one possible solution to a problem that has no foolproof answer. Dempster accepts that it is complicated, and acknowledges that while there has been a feeling of unity within the football community as they strive for ways to protect jobs and safeguard clubs, views are undoubtedly skewed by circumstance.
The Easter Road club, like many others, have had to furlough staff and players and have the majority of their employees, including manager Jack Ross, agree to wage deferrals as they pick their way through the financial minefield of an unwelcome hiatus and ongoing obligations.
Ambitions they cited at the recent AGM have had to be shelved for the foreseeable future, while surviving work on new kiosks and improved hospitality have become bogged down in lockdown logistics.
Facing their own struggles, league clubs have been offered the chance to vote for a SPFL resolution that would bring the curtain down on the season for Championship, League One and League Two clubs but Dempster is in no rush to see the top flight rush to its league denouement.

“I feel differently than I did two weeks ago and I probably will feel differently in another week or so. I think I know which way things are likely to go or what seems the most obvious, and I’m open-minded about other perspectives and ideas because at this moment in time, for us, whether it is called today or next week or in a couple of weeks time, a quick decision is not imperative for us.
“Ron [Gordon, the club owner] has a phrase that he uses and I like it: “A quick decision is sometimes a bad decision”. And I don’t see the need when the actions of the government has allowed us a bit of time to think about it.
“If I’m honest, it is about the context, and the context changes every couple of days at the moment. If you had asked everybody in the first week, when it was dawning, slower on some than on others, what was ahead of us, then I think we all would have said we needed clarity. We wanted to know what was happening and needed to plan but, as things like the very welcome and very necessary support from the government became clearer, that has bought us all a little bit more thinking time. We have had some distribution money coming in from the centre, some accelerated money from the SFA. It has helped a little bit and taken some of the cashflow pressure off. Alongwith the work we have done, we can see us being able to steer ourselves through the next four or five months. There will be other clubs who are not in as fortunate a position and there is a sense of urgency for them.”

A decision to end the season prematurely and dish out silverware and make promotion and relegation decisions based on current standings does not sit well with Uefa who warned that European places would be jeopardised if the season wasn’t concluded.

Dempster dismisses that threat and claims there appears to be a softening of their stance, anyway. An abrupt end to proceedings is not her preferred option, although she admits it is preferable to voiding the campaign, which she believes is a non-starter and even more unfair, something she has been candid about when discussing solutions with Hearts owner and derby rival Ann Budge, pictured below. The Gorgie side would drop to the Championship if the campaign is halted now, unless there is a consensus for league reconstruction.
Dempster advocates consideration of all suggestions, stressing that more than a couple of short and congested conference calls are required to ensure they arrive at the correct decision.

“Just battering towards a decision, for me, is wrong and there has not been enough opportunity for us to speak about it as clubs, together. There have been conference calls but they last 40-50 minutes and there are a lot of people on them. For decisions like this, respectfully, it needs to just be owners, chief executives, and finance directors who actually spend some time together on a call and put everything on the table. Then there is no dubiety, no double-talking and everyone is honest.
“I think it is time for calm heads and clear thinking. I think it is also time for some new influencers in the game, new ideas and more openness. I think it is great that we have Ron and Dave Cormack, who are two really creative thinkers who ask the question: “What does the modern game look like? What will it look like? Where do we fit in that?

“This is a time that you can’t even describe as bizarre or crazy or surreal because I think that underplays the serious nature of it.

“The game in Scotland has been materially affected and we need some calmness to consider the implications not just for next term but longer term. Until now it has been information coming from the SPFL, about the medical status, what the feedback from UEFA and FIFA is; there has been a lack of conversation about the bigger issues Scottish clubs are facing. There are still conversations to be had before we make the big decisions.
“These will be really testing times but really interesting times because I think it is going to change everything. Actually, probably, in some small way, everything in football had to change anyway.”

No info this time Grigo.

I just feel it would make good business sense to make our statement, only if we knew we had the required backing.

I agree 100 percent here, our statement was clearly ready to go on the back on the spfl's announcement.

Hope you're right

I’ve been critical of the board for not having enough influence off field but they’ve obviously been in contact with Hearts and Thistle, both highlight the need for greater conversation about the way forward.

It’s a promising statement but reading between the lines it’s obvious they’d happily go with reconstruction if offered. It proves that everyone is driven by self-motivation. We can argue the merits of who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong but it’ll come down to self-interest. Plain and simple, Rangers should get Hearts or better still Aberdeen (if they are warming to our viewpoint) to propose N&V and an equal split so the money can be released to those who need it.
%^*& waiting on one of them proposing it, get the statement out ourselves. Tell them we want the leagues annulled and due to the perilous situation of Scotland’s teams face, particularly small teams, we believe the prize money should be split evenly. And then turn the screw, tell them it should be paid immediately before clubs go under make them make a decision now, font let Celtic %^*& about behind the scenes exerting pressure.

this approach would have the support of hibs, hearts, Aberdeen and Killie because they will be placed higher than they currently are and killie have a euro spot. You would also get Hamilton, st Mirren, St Johnstone voting for it because an equal share of the prize money is better than the usual 6th,-11th placed prize money.

Against it would be Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee United who don’t get a vote so %^*& them.

I’d go one further and propose a 13th place share to be split into the lower leagues, let’s get them onside as well.

Let’s get on the front foot and appear as the good guys for once.

I have to say I'm shocked by that CC. Maybe some can still see the wood for the trees.

I fully expect Hearts to vote reconstruction when it's dangled however.
I was surprised. I expected lots of "Sevco can GTF and Budgie needs a set of baws" type comments but the tone was a little different. Mind you, like all message boards, there were the outliers ("relegation would do us good") as you'd expect but I think my summary was a pretty fair one.

If we propose it then it’s easy to argue that we’re purely motivated by self-interest as we don’t want cel’ic getting the league. That’s a more difficult argue to make against Aberdeen say. But I take your point and agree with what you’re saying.

%^*& waiting on one of them proposing it, get the statement out ourselves. Tell them we want the leagues annulled and due to the perilous situation of Scotland’s teams face, particularly small teams, we believe the prize money should be split evenly. And then turn the screw, tell them it should be paid immediately before clubs go under make them make a decision now, font let Celtic %^*& about behind the scenes exerting pressure.

this approach would have the support of hibs, hearts, Aberdeen and Killie because they will be placed higher than they currently are and killie have a euro spot. You would also get Hamilton, st Mirren, St Johnstone voting for it because an equal share of the prize money is better than the usual 6th,-11th placed prize money.

Against it would be Celtic, Motherwell and Dundee United who don’t get a vote so %^*& them.

I’d go one further and propose a 13th place share to be split into the lower leagues, let’s get them onside as well.

%^*& waiting on one of them proposing it, get the statement out ourselves. Tell them we want the leagues annulled and due to the perilous situation of Scotland’s teams face, particularly small teams, we believe the prize money should be split evenly.
Null and void is, for the moment, a non-starter due to UEFA's position and we'd look foolish advocating it.

Try and see out the season but apportion some of the prize money, as per our statement and suggested resolution, is the only sensible approach right now.

Null and void is, for the moment, a non-starter due to UEFA's position and we'd look foolish advocating it.

Try and see out the season but apportion some of the prize money, as per our statement and suggested resolution, is the only sensible approach right now.
We wouldn’t look foolish at all and what’s more why do you care? We’re never going to get the support from anyone in this country and we are never going to get a fair shake from the media, surely you’ve seen that with all that’s went on?

Its not even a foolish standpoint, it’s a logical stance to take when a game isn’t completed. You don’t award a win even if 89 mins have been played so you can’t hand titles out after 75. If tv didn’t dictate football the league season would be over and we’d all be preparing for next year starting. The arguments for picking a winner before the end of the season are all financial (or tims/scouse) the average person on the street can see that.

Belgium have called it already, are you telling me their getting no euro spots next year? Pish, I bet you cash money they do.

There are plenty of leagues around Europe who will void the whole thing of that I’m sure. No way in hell Real Madrid will allow Barcelona to be crowned champions for a start.

If we propose it then it’s easy to argue that we’re purely motivated by self-interest as we don’t want cel’ic getting the league. That’s a more difficult argue to make against Aberdeen say. But I take your point and agree with what you’re saying.
They’ll write that about us even if we aren’t advocating it. They can accuse us of wanting this for any reason they like but our statement would focus on the financial benefits splitting the prize money would have for the whole of the Scottish game. Of course we should also mention that this solution avoids the lack of sporting integrity involved in crowning champions who haven’t earned it or punishing clubs who haven’t yet deserved it.

Let them write what they want but splitting the prize money will benefit every single team financially except us and the bheasts, and that in itself is a noble gesture which is difficult to spin to a negative.

Agreeing with the Rangers point of view, seeing through the Proposal from the authorities and good point about getting the cash handed out.
But keeping big options open to agree to scrapping relegation, leaving us high and dry.
Tims will have seen this, like a game of chess two steps ahead. Hope our people have thought of plan A, B and C.

I was pleasantly surprised by theirs and Falkirk's statement but I am 100% certain they will change their tune if given something, like avoiding relegation as a guarantee.

Been burnt way, way, waaaaaaay too many times in the past to even dare think about getting excited on this. As a poster above mentioned, those c*nts are Machiavellian and sleekit as all hell. There's no way this was all they've got, they just want to see how easily they can get their ploy in action.

It's good news, but it's just the first blows of the first round. Hope we've got plenty in reserves. However, it will likely end up irrelevant if they offer the deals they want.

Last edited:
Lets just wait and see how this plays out,it would be silly of us to think that the s haven’t figured on hearts not playing ball ,there’s still a bit for them to do ,to get it over the line in awarding the title,make no mistake hearts will flip if offered a sniff of staying up, at this moment trust no one at all

It was emphasised today that some clubs, particularly those in the lower Leagues, need funds to be released to help them navigate their way through this exceptional situation. I do not accept however, that this resolution needs to be passed in order to release those funds.

Something that no journalist seems to have asked.

Why the %^*& do we need to hand the mentally challengeds a title in order to dish out the prize money.

We dont, but the way its being reported makes it seem as if we do.

It's nice to see teams side with us for a change. Even if it in their own self interest. Refreshing from the usual Lawell love in

Although I personally like the idea of splitting the money equally in the current circumstances, I wouldn’t be confident that a resolution for this would pass. If 3 teams in any of the divisions vote against, it fails. If we are suggesting an alternative resolution it needs to be something that gets almost unanimous support.
Teams like Alloa will do what Peter tells them and I am sure there will be others in the same boat so the bar is set pretty high to get resolutions passed if the tramps are against it and other teams vote against because they are worse off financially.

Following the SPFL briefings held today, and having now had the opportunity (post meeting) to read the written resolution being proposed, I can confirm that Heart of Midlothian will not be voting in favour of the proposal as it stands.

They're aiming for a restructure which doesn't relegate them and will wholeheartedly vote for this, whether it gives the Filth another tainted trophy or not.

The restructure carrot is undoubtedly being held by Duncaster and his mob that they'll use it to blackmail the no voters.

I can only hope that Budge sticks to her guns and views sporting integrity as the foundation of our national sport, even if her club is afforded a 'get out' at the expense of everything else...

They're aiming for a restructure which doesn't relegate them and will wholeheartedly vote for this, whether it gives the Filth another tainted trophy or not.

The restructure carrot is undoubtedly being held by Duncaster and his mob that they'll use it to blackmail the no voters.

I can only hope that Budge sticks to her guns and views sporting integrity as the foundation of our national sport, even if her club is afforded a 'get out' at the expense of everything else...

They are surely not going to be swayed by merely a promise of talks? That’s as meaningless of most of the other guff we hear from Doncaster. Vote the SPFL proposal down, vote in favour of the Rangers proposal, then take the time to discuss reconstruction properly and reach a devision on whether it is feasible/desirable and AFTER that, if needs be, vote on the SPFL proposal - when the answer to the reconstruction question is known rather than simply being a promise of talks.

The reconstruction would never happen. I’m sure the spfl would find a way to wiggle out if it. Dangle a carrot that cannot be delivered...keep the mugs happy.

IIRC, that proposal came out yesterday and teams have till Friday (i.e. tomorrow) to vote on this important league reconstruction thing? Even the CO and her Shadow Cabal were - by comparison - slow with their fast track player-chasing ...

Although I personally like the idea of splitting the money equally in the current circumstances, I wouldn’t be confident that a resolution for this would pass. If 3 teams in any of the divisions vote against, it fails. If we are suggesting an alternative resolution it needs to be something that gets almost unanimous support.
Teams like Alloa will do what Peter tells them and I am sure there will be others in the same boat so the bar is set pretty high to get resolutions passed if the tramps are against it and other teams vote against because they are worse off financially.
I’m not saying everyone gets an equal share, I’m saying the top flight get an equal share and then a 13th share for the championship down. These clubs are desperate for money. That’s the motivator here and we’d do well to remember that.

It might not pass, but it’s got more chance than a deal offering less money and no other discernible benefits.

At the moment clubs will not vote morally they will vote with self interest.

Look at the Ayr chairman, he acknowledges in his opening tweet that sporting integrity says the only fair solution to all involved is to null and void. Then goes on to state in numerous tweets why he’s not going to do that all the while asking with a brass neck that his 4th placed club are given a promotion playoff game.

The media have never said that League reconstruction is completely off the table, as they have repeatedly regarding the season being null and void. This is a concern.

The media have never said that League reconstruction is completely off the table, as they have repeatedly regarding the season being null and void. This is a concern.

Why would they? League reconstruction - or at least the carrot of 'talks' - is very much a part of the SPFL proposal. It won't happen, not anytime soon at least, but they are trying to sucker in the likes of Hearts with promises about 'talks'. 'Talks' is about as far as it will go. Sly bastards.

Why would they? League reconstruction - or at least the carrot of 'talks' - is very much a part of the SPFL proposal. It won't happen, not anytime soon at least, but they are trying to sucker in the likes of Hearts with promises about 'talks'. 'Talks' is about as far as it will go. Sly bastards.

Absolutely. Hearts would only have one choice if reconstruction was completely off the table, and the media repeatedly saying so.

Latest posts

Back