Hearts ticket in with home fans

UlsterScotGer

Jambo colleague has offered me his season ticket for the league game at Tynecastle.
I just don’t think I could avoid giving away I was supporting Rangers! I can not shout or cheer, but just the subtle little bits of body language would give it away. Anyone got any tips to stay incognito if I take the ticket?

I done it at tannadice when we won the league years ago. Said I’d never ever do it again it was carnage. Funnily enough I was offered a ticket from a Hearts mate for the home end as well but declined.

Me and two mates went into the Beach End at Pittodrie when it was a terracing for Aberdeen fans only. We didnt see the ko and I had to get a lift home on another supporters bus as I wasnt back in time for ours.

I've done it a few times at Tynecastle including the 4-2 defeat in 2007, not had any probs

Cheers for the replies, I’m swaying the way of the last few and will knock it back. I know I’ll not be able to stay emotionless if we score, and probably even less chance if we concede! My mate has been calling me a sh***bag for swithering whether to take it, so I’m less concerned about costing him his ticket! Ha ha

I did it back when novo scored in the last minute to win 1-0. I nearly got battered but didn’t really care. Wouldn’t rush to do it again though.

Jambo colleague has offered me his season ticket for the league game at Tynecastle.
I just don’t think I could avoid giving away I was supporting Rangers! I can not shout or cheer, but just the subtle little bits of body language would give it away. Anyone got any tips to stay incognito if I take the ticket?
Just kid on your a season ticket holder in the Govan Rear, you’ll be sorted

I did it at Pittodrie the day Durrant was assaulted. Nicholas scored a penalty as well. Not a great day and not for the faint hearted.

Done it plenty of times, never had any problems.

Wouldn't do it in one of the sections close to our fans, but anywhere else you'll be fine. The Hearts fans are expecting to lose anyway. You don't feel the same anomosity towards us that you would against Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen or Dundee United.

I did it on the opening game of the season at Rugby Park. It was fine but trying not to celebrate Goldson’s last minute winner took a tremendous amount of effort.

I did it on the opening game of the season at Rugby Park. It was fine but trying not to celebrate Goldson’s last minute winner took a tremendous amount of effort.
giphy.gif

Was in home end at Easter road in 2015 for the play off semi final Jason Cummings scores in the last minute to be followed by all the hibs fans cheering except me and a few of them didn’t take to kindly of me being a “Dirty orange bastard” so I made a rather swift exit at the end of the game would do it again tho but was hard trying not to will on your team

Done it twice, Easter Road and the old Brockville, really wouldn't recommend it OP. If you have a mouth breather next to you its hard to say nothing when they are shouting absolute abuse at our team.

As folk have said, if you end up in an argument (or worse) with those around you then your mate will likely lose his ticket and get a ban.

Cheers for the replies, I’m swaying the way of the last few and will knock it back. I know I’ll not be able to stay emotionless if we score, and probably even less chance if we concede! My mate has been calling me a sh***bag for swithering whether to take it, so I’m less concerned about costing him his ticket! Ha ha

Hes tied you into a pretty much solid scottish languistic contract there mate im afraid.

Hes basically said 'shitebag if you dont' which pretty much settles it.

Enjoy the game.

Ive a mate who was a Jambo and was pretty well in at Tynecastle. I have been to many games over the years with him and also in with them, against Us. Always felt a bond beetween Us and Them, but that myth was dispelled, in 2012. You do indeed find out who your Friends are, when you are struggling!

Scumbags and I long for the day, when the King comes the Cadgers way!

I did it once at tannadice back in 1988 or thereabouts think it might have been a league decider or critical to being a league decider. Had to make sure we were right at the back of the stand and had an easy exit.

it was mobbed their end so it shows you how long ago it was, we scored I couldn’t contain myself and was sussed right away. End up having to leave early because of the grief but think we had won by then and would have wanted a sharp exit anyway.

I recall trying to buy tickets at their ground for the game and the woman wouldn’t sell me tickets because of my accent. Think I asked an Arab who I gave a story to and he got them for me lol. Happy days.

Last edited:
Sat in the Motherwell end for 2nd leg of championship play off final. We got found out after they scored as obviously we didn’t celebrate, was horrible and left early will never do it again.

Never done it and never would. Can't fathom where the pleasure is as opposed to watching the game on TV.

I did it once at tannadics back in 1988 or thereabouts think it might have been a league decider or critical to being a league decider. Had to make sure we were right at the back of the stand and had an easy exit.

it was mobbed their end so it shows you how long ago it was, we scored I couldn’t contain myself and was sussed right away. End up having to leave early because of the grief but think we had won by then and would have wanted a sharp exit anyway.

I recall trying to buy tickets at their ground for the game and the woman wouldn’t sell me tickets because of my accent. Think I asked an Arab who I gave a story to and he got them for me lol. Happy days.

Was it the game Trevor Steven scored the winner? We won the league there in 1990. I was in the Dundee Utd end that day as well, the story of how I came to be there is probably best left for another day though.

Sat in morton end at the old love street for a cup game, as its my home town team a fair few supporters who i know recognised me as a Rangers man but there was no drama, boring game aswell.

Sat in the hearts end last year at the 2-1 game although that’s cause we were invited to hospitality. Loads of bears celebrating when the goals went in. Ended up booking a table for 10 to do the same this year, was surprised how many bears were in the hospitality and openly celebrating the goals.

I sat in the Munich End for a champions league game at Ibrox in the 1999 1-1, ended up right in amongst some of their more "fruity" support, Big Skinhead with a Barcode tattooed on his head right in front of me and surrounded by very large blokes.

Luckily i was sober as drove up from Carlisle, if i was bevvied id had been beaten to a pulp.

Personally will never do it again in our ground or someone else's

A funny thing happened after the game though, i waited a good 10 mins for the Munich fans to get out as there was a bit of anger amongst them I could tell there was potential for some windmilling on their way out, So after the vast majority had gone i walked out the away end to be greeted by a few bears with kids wanting to swap scalfs with the Germans, I took great delight in opening up my jacket and showing off my rangers shirt to them all to a few claps n handshakes.

Done it 2003.
As a daft young boy the only thing giving away I was a bear was my Porto top and West Coast accent.
Put out 10 minutes in after a complaint.
I then jumped the fence behind the turnstiles into the Rangers end so no long term damage done.
Except to the jeans I ripped on the spikes on the way over!

Did it the year kyrgiakos got the late penalty, Prso was then sent off for flooring Craig Gordon.
Managed to stay composed while Tyncastle was going mental...Maybe the composure gave us away.

did it when they beat us 2 nil few season agao very back row I was lucky no one bothered me

I did it when we drew and Frank de Boer scored. In the school end. No problem. Just keep schtum.

Not worth it mate. It's on the telly, watch it there.
I did once up at Dolly's. I was "getting" hospitality, but it turned out I had lunch in some shitehole of a club then had to sit outside in the Dick Donald stand. Ten minutes into the game we nearly scored and a fellow bear at the opposite end of the stand jumped up........he nearly got ripped apart before the polis got to him and even then he was getting whacked from all sides as they dragged him out.

I'm going on Sunday in one of the lounges as I do quite often through work. Never had any bother at Tynecastle but don't got OTT when we score.

h
Been in their end when playing us.

Been in many home ends.

Clap when they do something

When we score just put your head in in a pretend disgust.

Never had a problem yet.

Was at st mirren end this season with my boy ... it was hard not to jump in the air after bornas screamer of a free kick

With the feelings they have towards Levein you might be joined by a few thousand Hearts fans if we score.......

My dad used to take me all the time when I was wee - both Tynecastle and Easter Road.

Was in hospitality last year as well which is in the Hearts stand but pretty mixed.

Sit in silence when we score. Stand up and clap when they score, although you won't need to worry about that. The best thing about is you get a cracking view of the Rangers fans - amazing how loud we sound from that perspective.

Never understood the clamour to do it tbh, better sitting in a pub surrounded by your own than being on edge in a stadium.

2003 de Boer and Lovenkrands?

Was in the main stand that day. Think Hearts missed a penalty and loads of Bears gave themselves away. Quite funny because one Jambo was doing his nut at Bears being their end, to the point he got fucked out by the stewards :)

Personally wouldn't do it now, not when its live on TV. Could quite easily end up boxing.

Was in the main stand that day. Think Hearts missed a penalty and loads of Bears gave themselves away. Quite funny because one Jambo was doing his nut at Bears being their end, to the point he got fucked out by the stewards :)

Personally wouldn't do it now, not when its live on TV. Could quite easily end up boxing.

the celebrations begins the goal when De Boer scores that diving header is unreal. Goosebumps moment!

Back