Hearts ticket in with home fans

I done it a few times when I lived in Edinburgh. After a game of fives one day, I even went with my Rangers top on, just pulled a sweatshirt on top.
Trying not to cheer when we score is hard though. Trying to look upset when we score is a real test of your acting skills. Can't remember them scoring against us in any of the games I went to, that would be tough

PM0AfGQ.gif

Was it the game Trevor Steven scored the winner? We won the league there in 1990. I was in the Dundee Utd end that day as well, the story of how I came to be there is probably best left for another day though.
I was in the Utd end that day too 15 , I was . This scumbag of a cop kicked me out when the final whistle went and we we were all going mental

Been in the hearts end a few times when they started halving our allocation and I wasn’t for missing the games

I didn’t have any problems, just kept quiet , although one of the times I was in the hearts section of the stand behind the goal we used to get full allocation for and I could see guys from my supporters bus, a few people were waving at me, nearly busted me!

Was amusing as we won the game quite easily, can’t remember the score but do have lasting memory of a guy with his wee boy in row in front of me going mental , calling rangers / rangers fans all the names under the sun, his wee boy, who had stood on his seat the full game, was just looking at him wondering what he was doing , guy had lost the plot, was hard not to laugh

Only done it at Stranraer when we were in the lower leagues. Was a few bears in the main stand that day and a wee bit of trouble at half time on the concourse.

I couldn't, I just couldn't, my name would be corpse if I tried something like that — I wouldn't be able to contain myself. :oops::)

That rings a bell.... Almost boxing in the stands.

I was at that game in the old main stand utterly terrible. Most of them spent the day trying to see who was a Rangers fan to get them flung out. It's not worth the hassle IMO.

Not advisable OP. Did it in the main stand at Pittodrie and got rumbled halfway through the second half when they scored a second goal - spat on and slapped a couple of times in the way out.

Not nice.

Remember the Scottish cup game they beat us 3-2 about '86, couldn't get a ticket for our end for love or money. Three of us managed to buy for the home end and made our way under the shed opposite the main stand to the separating fence where the Bears were.
I put on a English accent to a steward saying we'd been conned into buying our tickets being tourists on holiday and we were told they were for the Rangers end where we were to meet up with the rest of our party. The guy, fair play to him, got some head steward to open the gate at the bottom of the fence and let us through to our end to which we turned to the hearts fans and gave it the big giruyeeese. The steward had a wee chuckle as well.

They might be like minded politically and in many respects religiously. That does not mean they have anything other than hate towards our team. Avoid.

Am going through without a ticket unlikely I will pick one up tbh. Is there any bear friendly boozers near by?

I was in the home end across the main stand when we won 9 in a row .
The bears under the old main stand and giving It laldy and we joined in .
A couple get them out of here and the stewards moved us over .
My mates son plays with Hearts and I am sure I could get get a hone end ticket but I’ve a big night on sat so it’ll be the telly or pub for me

Don't take the ticket. You'll enjoy the game a lot better watching in a Rangers pub or at home. Take it from me, you can't buy experience.

Was in the main stand that day. Think Hearts missed a penalty and loads of Bears gave themselves away. Quite funny because one Jambo was doing his nut at Bears being their end, to the point he got fucked out by the stewards :)

Personally wouldn't do it now, not when its live on TV. Could quite easily end up boxing.
I was in the Main Stand that day aswell and it got very heated. I remember guys squaring up in front of us after a penalty incident. Was in Celtic end about 87/88 at Piggery. Lots of us in there that day. They scored and all it kicked off. Lovely

Sat in the hearts end last year at the 2-1 game although that’s cause we were invited to hospitality. Loads of bears celebrating when the goals went in. Ended up booking a table for 10 to do the same this year, was surprised how many bears were in the hospitality and openly celebrating the goals.
Did this for Helicopter Sunday the Monday after game 33;and as soon as the post split fixtures were announced.... booked direct with Hibs no problem;two weeks later got an email about `protocol` when teams score :)) My seat was halfway line,back row;in front of the press;and when events took their course,I let the greetin faced bastards have it !! :)):)) Bears everywhere that day.

Done it 2003.
As a daft young boy the only thing giving away I was a bear was my Porto top and West Coast accent.
Put out 10 minutes in after a complaint.
I then jumped the fence behind the turnstiles into the Rangers end so no long term damage done.
Except to the jeans I ripped on the spikes on the way over!
The accent does it for me too....... bit like a polar bear in sunglasses trying to get into a giraffe`s only nightclub! :cool: :))

Done it in April last season, 3-1 game, with my father in law who is a jambo. Had one instinctive outburst in the first half when I shouted out loud "switch it" to Kamara. Got a couple of funny looks from nearby but no problems. Would do it again no bother.

Tip if you are trying not to give it away would be applaud any good sets of play by the home team like you would if you were a neutral

Done it round about 2007 when I worked more or less round the corner.

Good game as we won 4-0 I think and was in the same stand as the bears but the other end.

All I can say is they hated us then and it will be worse now.

Wasn’t easy keeping the smile off my face when each goal went in :))

Just go up to the ground from 12pm and wander about waiting on spares. Which there will be kicking about. That's better hassle than your initial situation. If no ticket by 2.30 head to pub.

Done it once, Ajax the night Gazza was sent off, 4-1 I think, sussed right away as they scored early doors, hitting my head with scarfs and flags, never been so scared in my life, luckily I was right next to the Rangers fans and when I went up to the concource a steward asked if I was Rangers, when I said yes he opened a door and let me through.

Managed to get a ticket in our end for Sunday through the club and having an overnight with the other half in Edinburgh on the Saturday.

Will it be easy enough to jump in a taxi from the city centre to the away end in the morning?

Was thinking of heading to Tynecastle slightly earlier so I don’t get caught up in the home support, any advice?

If you go just call everybody Ken Like as that's all they say through there.a cheeky wee "eh" will fool them completely

Did it once on a mates 2 season tickets at Tynecastle.

I took a spanish family member with me which made it easier to be just football “tourists”

We won 2-0 which also made it easier. I found it easier not to celebrate when we scored than I would have to pretend celebrate if they scored. LOL

Anyway, even though we won 2-0, I vowed never to do it again. Its a shite experience not being able to properly celebrate with the bears when we score.

Did it back in the 90's, when I came up with an old Jambo pal from work. We got beat 2-1 that day, but when Laudrup scored for us, 2 Rangers supporters to the side of us got dogs abuse and in the end their supporters got them kicked out. Since that day, I've had a serious dislike for that lot......Have never contemplated doing it again, regardless of which team it was, in Scotland anyway.

Last edited:
Surely it's better to be able to celebrate in the pub/house than have to pretend to support the opposition? It's not a title decider.

I don't have much sympathy for people who get found out. If an away fan were to sit next to me at Ibrox and outed themself, I'm hardly going to sit there and do nothing.

Think this needs to be a bit of a watershed moment for clubs around Scotland. They can’t fill their own grounds, there are bears champing at the bit to get tickets even resorting to sitting in the home end causing danger to themselves. Something has to give. They’re missing out on revenue.

Did it once at the piggery in the late eighties, about 300 bears in the Smellies end. Lost 3-1. Got the jail after it in the car-park, for not 'moving long, son'.
Don't do it Bear. The telly's your best bet.
If you think you'll be peckish, go to the Louden. They do pies y'know;). Great atmosphere too.

h
Been in their end when playing us.

Been in many home ends.

Clap when they do something

When we score just put your head in in a pretend disgust.

Never had a problem yet.
This it's really not hard.
It will come down to your personality and what sort of person you are at a game. If you can stay calm and collected then you'll go in under the radar no bother. If you get emotional at the slightest thing then I'd give it a miss.

Surely it's better to be able to celebrate in the pub/house than have to pretend to support the opposition? It's not a title decider.

I don't have much sympathy for people who get found out. If an away fan were to sit next to me at Ibrox and outed themself, I'm hardly going to sit there and do nothing.
What would you do?

Did it a few times.Raith,St Johnstone,Killie,Vienna,.
The worst though was Tannadice when we lost out on 10 in a row and Albertz was sent off .Horrible lot when they sussed out who we were

I've only done it once, Brechin v Rangers, but my Mum told me once years ago she could only get home end tickets for a derby match at Old Trafford. City scored and she went mental, she used to go to the games with her nephew and he was shitting himself.

I did it on the opening game of the season at Rugby Park. It was fine but trying not to celebrate Goldson’s last minute winner took a tremendous amount of effort.
I would rather be jumping about celebrating in the house than at the game not being able too , especially a last min winner.

Never ever understood this. Pointless. Utterly pointless. Completely defeats the purpose of going to a football match if you ask me. Would much rather watch it on telly in a pub full of bears, or even in the house on my own.

A title decider would be even worse. Our next title win is going to be a huge, defining moment in our history and a massive outpouring of 8/9 years worth of sheer emotion.

Now imagine not being able to celebrate it properly because you're sat there like a fud among Motherwell or Hibs supporters?!

Mind boggling.

Was it the game Trevor Steven scored the winner? We won the league there in 1990. I was in the Dundee Utd end that day as well, the story of how I came to be there is probably best left for another day though.

I was in the home end that day. We were behind the goals and had a great time. Then again I was much younger and a helluva lot dafter. Wouldn’t do it now

Back