Hearts to win the league

They are functional at best. Credit where its due for the run they are on but they're not exactly smashing teams every week. Plenty of one goal victories in there as well against teams like bottom placed Livi and Spartans in the cup. They've only played one top six team this year as well which is Dundee in 6th place.

Their run will end on Saturday at Ibrox.
I will take 12 1-0 victories until the end of the season.
hearts are on a good run, it is churlish to demean it by pointing out the opposition. The same teams who we were struggling agains earlier this season.

it should be a very tight game between us, anything else, either way would be a surprise I would have thought.

I just overheard a hearts fan in my office who's boldly claiming to his mate that "Rangers are scraping results with poor football and dodgy penalties" and "Celtic are garbage just now", so when Hearts win at the weekend and then beat Celtic in March, they'll be within single figures going in to the split.

Nobody can doubt their run of form, but they're getting very big for their boots suddenly. We have a chance to make a statement win on Saturday. Let's make it count.
Do you work at the comedy club? This boy is good.

I just overheard a hearts fan in my office who's boldly claiming to his mate that "Rangers are scraping results with poor football and dodgy penalties" and "Celtic are garbage just now", so when Hearts win at the weekend and then beat Celtic in March, they'll be within single figures going in to the split.

Nobody can doubt their run of form, but they're getting very big for their boots suddenly. We have a chance to make a statement win on Saturday. Let's make it count.
Football fan in daring to dream as his team are on a good run, shocker.

I really hope they come out and have a go at us on Saturday. The last few times they've played us, they've basically sat deep and tried to hit us in transition. If they're feeling gallus enough to come to Ibrox and go toe to toe, then fair enough, I look forward to it.

Looking at the stats for the last league game at Tynecastle, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a close run thing. But Danilo missed about 2 or 3 chances to bury Hearts that day. We're also a far more ruthless and efficient side now. We've gone up a few gears.

Hopefully we have the possession and number of shots we had in the October home game but leave the late show drama behind. We can’t be as wasteful this time around.

They have accrued the exact same amount of points as Celtic since Clement arrived. They have every right to fancy their chances of winning the league.

Surely any football fans would hope and strive for the best their team can achieve?
They can strive for what they want, I’m striving for rangers to win 6-0 at the weekend alone with a history making quadruple

Do people actually see the "dodgy penalties" or just see we got one and call it dodgy.
When i hear that I immediately assume the person saying it isn't a proper football fan and believe any further words spoken is just stealing oxygen from the rest of us

Football fan in thinks his club will win the league shocker. They are in form, and if they win all their games.

They do this about every 10 years when they have a decent run of form.

I expect that in fairly typical fashion for any clubs in the top-flight on a wee run of form, as soon as they have their momentum knocked off course by a bad result, they'll slide back into the usual up and downs and drift as the final weeks run down.

They can enjoy their fleeting spell and hope they don't get a nosebleed, but the biggest effect they can have on anything title-related is disrupting ours or Celtic's run-in.

Maybe if they didn't have that blip with 2 managers and no one had any idea who was running the team they might be pushing Celtic for second but title win, fucking hell that is some strong shit that boy is on.

I would love it if Hearts were challenging for titles along with Celtic and make this league a bit more interesting because Scottish Football just now is a bit dead for not much hope for the future. Same old ideas get touted to improve our game and the same old ideas just get rejected because in the short term clubs would lose money, not there is no long term vision our game.

Teams hitting that level of form is only good for the league.

After we ragdoll them Saturday I hope they go on another run. The stronger the others are the better we will need to become.

Deluded lady's front bottom the Hearts fan though.

They are functional at best. Credit where its due for the run they are on but they're not exactly smashing teams every week. Plenty of one goal victories in there as well against teams like bottom placed Livi and Spartans in the cup. They've only played one top six team this year as well which is Dundee in 6th place.

Their run will end on Saturday at Ibrox.

Yep. They have an expected goal difference that is negative, probably due to the 4-1 doing they got from Celtic. Only Killie , apart from the Old Firm , have a positive expected goal difference and , as it is wafer thin, they would lose that with a bad loss.

It's football that's how fans behave at all clubs

We're in the final straight in a title race. If we can't take care of a diddy club like Hearts at a full house at Ibrox, then we don't deserve to win the League.

I don't know what to say apart from....

abdcdf87-ec73-44a4-9227-e438cb98a757_text.gif

Is your colleague Ewen Cameron.

He's getting uppity again and he'll end up needing to sing Follow Follow on his podcast again.

Just shows how shite they have been for so long that sitting 13 points and 30 goals behind Rangers at the top is seen as a good chance to win the league to them.

11pts behind the tims and 14 ahead of Kilmarnock. Whilst they are not going to win the league if they cant be bullish just now when can they?

They are having a solid season and the weekend will not be straightforward.

Spoke to one of them yesterday. Despite their recent run he reckons Hearts are playing garbage right now. He doesn’t expect their run to continue.

Aberdeen fan joined my football team in the summer, I gave him a lift to a match.

I mentioned I'd a Rangers season ticket, never said anything untoward about Aberdeen, and he just went off on one and eventually claimed Aberdeen will "spilt the Old Firm this season" and finish between them.

Didn't even argue with the guy, not an argument I could win!
:)) :)) Is that ever arithmetically possible?

I'm not sure about them winning the league but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they could get 2nd spot,

We play Celtic twice and Hearts will play them twice,
As we stand at the moment Celtic won't get 12 points from those 4 games,
Wouldn't be surprised if they got as little as 6!

I have heard this from a few fans of other clubs now.

It is simply nonsense - we are actually quite enjoyable to watch nowadays.

As someone said on here a few weeks back it’s the Man Utd syndrome happening with Rangers. Still the team everyone likes to beat/hate despite other clubs having more domestic success than us in recent times.

Back