Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:00 Saturday - Sky Sports

Candeias the ultimate enigma brilliant one minute terrible the next, still gotta love the wee guys commitment second to none

That’s sometimes what you get with wingers.

If we’re being totally honest, the all time great Davie Cooper had some absolute stinkers over the years. However, when he was brilliant, he was out of this world.

P.s. I’m not even remotely comparing Candeias to Cooper :D

All about two men for Me Kamara and Davis flair and quality and the latter with added experience they have cemented the holes in the side and made us stronger as a unit. Davis, Kamara and Jack together are the iron rod to build on next season.
Got to be honest Kamara has well exceeded my expectations another great performance today and Davis now finding his real form both worthy contenders.

Straight forward win for us.
Hearts are shite and its a shame they're never stopping the pedos from a treble treble.
It's over to us next season to stop them.
Next season for me if we win the 1st piece of silverware up for grabs we'll win the league mark my words.

Last edited:
Very encouraging performance played some terrific football ,
we are beggining to mange games very well of late players seem more composed and disciplined.

Think I’ve got sun stroke! Holy %^*& that was hot today, row 5 with the sun smashing down on me all game.

Lets see if he's put a photo up on Twitter. The designer champagne lifestyle anaw with Jill opening her legs wide as the Clyde when he gets back to his hotel room.

Still sporting the evil genius hair style.
I didn't keep up with that thread. Did she not get slung in jail then..?

is the full game getting a repeat on sky?, stupidly i forgot to record it and wanted to watch it back

Three points at a canter. Had expected more in the second half, but it became a walk in the sunshine. Top marks for most of the team, particularly the mid-four of Davis, Kamara, Jack and Candeias. Interestingly, once Middleton came on as a sub, Hearts started to have success down their left and that's where their goal came from. Candeias does put in a shift that tends to be ignored. He may not be as clinical as we would prefer, but he does act as a second barrier for our defence. May just be me, but in my opinion, Gerrard has improved the guy considerably from the start of the season. Quite often Candeias was posted missing in away games. His contribution has improved to the level that we have not been conceding goals in recent weeks. Let's see what happens if Kent is restored to the team next week, with Candeias dropping to the bench.

Just for the record, Hearts did press us, at the beginning of the game, but with our superiority we handled that and it played into our hands because it gave us much more space; Davis, Jack, and Kamara were too superior. Not enough credit was given to Rangers for that performance.

Just for the record, Hearts did press us, at the beginning of the game, but with our superiority we handled that and it played into our hands because it gave us much more space; Davis, Jack, and Kamara were too superior. Not enough credit was given to Rangers for that performance.
This has been bugging me a little with the commentators in scottish football... too many people outwith our club saying Hearts were their own worst enemies for making mistakes, BUT this is how we play now. We are a high press team who (most of the time) are quick to press and into tackles and 2 of the goals came exactly from that. There has been nowhere near enough credit given to how we play and that Hearts were forced into those errors, which is a massive difference to just giving the ball away!

This has been bugging me a little with the commentators in scottish football... too many people outwith our club saying Hearts were their own worst enemies for making mistakes, BUT this is how we play now. We are a high press team who (most of the time) are quick to press and into tackles and 2 of the goals came exactly from that. There has been nowhere near enough credit given to how we play and that Hearts were forced into those errors, which is a massive difference to just giving the ball away!
If a team has far superior players, especially in midfield, and we do compared to Hearts, then pressing can play into the hands of the superior team- pressing the defence plays into the hands of the midfield, and press the midfield and a superior team will have a wide man taking up an isolated position who will have a lot of space after the ball is punted over those players doing the pressing; Guardiola does that all the time, particularly when he's up against someone like Klopp- three or four players are pressing the ball so that creates space elsewhere, and that's what happened against Hearts. If our defence was pressed, then Davis drops back and when he gets the ball he has more space from his own half. The Hearts attackers were in two minds, eventually, if Katic or Goldson had the ball, about what to do about Davis. If our midfield had the ball and they pressed us then. Tavernier/Candeias or Flanagan provided an out ball, and enjoyed a lot of space on the opposite flank; if a team presses, they still only have eleven players. In my view, we played to Hearts strengths and beat them comfortably. Perhaps our best all round performance yet. In Davis, Jack, and Kamara we have the best midfield in this league, in my opinion.

Back