• McKinnon

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Simpson

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • McCausland/Weston

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said at the start of the week play a strong team on Wednesday to keep the sqaud playing and the B team toda, hopefully this is what we do

McLaughlin
Devine/ (Zukowski if fit) King Simpson Fraser
Sands Davis Lowry
Amad Itten Sakala

No one starting the Euro final should be anywhere near this game.
^^^^^This, the players who are going to be our starting line up on Wednesday must be protected, I am not using the word rested as I feel protected is the right word for games against teams from the Scottish League. Just look at some of the tackles from RC, at least two should have been straight red's. No one is going to tell me that the Hearts players are going to take it easy, if they see an opportunity to hurt one of our players they will do it.

Hearts will be every bit as nasty as Ross County.

Give the players a day off. Get minutes into Aaron Ramsey.
Hopefully Hearts will play a decent game - they will surely recognise that we could give as much as we get from them if we are pushed into it. They won’t want to risk any injuries ahead of the cup final.
Overoptimistic? Probably.

Hopefully Hearts will play a decent game - they will surely recognise that we could give as much as we get from them if we are pushed into it. They won’t want to risk any injuries ahead of the cup final.
Overoptimistic? Probably.

But if Hearts have no first team players starting, what deterrent would that be?

I'm not overly concerned though. Think it'll have a training game feel.

^^^^^This, the players who are going to be our starting line up on Wednesday must be protected, I am not using the word rested as I feel protected is the right word for games against teams from the Scottish League. Just look at some of the tackles from RC, at least two should have been straight red's. No one is going to tell me that the Hearts players are going to take it easy, if they see an opportunity to hurt one of our players they will do it.
I would go further and also leave out Sakala, Davis and Sands as all 3 may well have an important part to play from the bench on Wednesday, or as a replacement in SC Final for anyone injured in EL final.

Every confidence in GvB and the staff to handle this game for what it is; basically a contractual obligation that needs fulfilled; and nobody wants. Everyone safe by 2.30pm please.

If Itten plays and scores vs Hearts does he then start the Cup Final next week?

Sounds unlikely but we will need a striker and given the expended efforts of Wednesday night, if he’s fit and confidence is good I wouldn’t be against it.

The attributes he does have could be useful in a Cup tie where you will need someone to hold up the ball in the final third at times.

Seems madness going with the same group Weds and Saturday so some changes are needed.
Itten can’t play in the Final - even if he were to play and get a double-hat-trick today.

Not in the squad and cannot be added.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Tav and Goldson start this. Although I hope I am wrong. Hopefully, Roofe is on the bench.

Cant see gio resting everyone. Few players maybe. Maybe devine or zukowski will come on for tav later on, maybe half time.
Mclaughlin starting
Balogun or king starting instead of bassey
Lowry davis and sands maybe start
Still think kent will start or feature at some point
Same for sakala and wright

Ramsey can’t play 2 games in a row, so he will need a rest tomorrow.

He needs 45 minutes, to have any chance of starting on Wednesday imo.
You could see he was still off the pace, particularly out of possession, against Dundee United.

He'll have 5 days to recover, so he'll be fine, just playing a half.

Cant see gio resting everyone. Few players maybe. Maybe devine or zukowski will come on for tav later on, maybe half time.
Mclaughlin starting
Balogun or king starting instead of bassey
Lowry davis and sands maybe start
Still think kent will start or feature at some point
Same for sakala and wright
I just can’t see this at all.

I think you will be lucky to see one or two players featuring that will start on Wednesday.

I honestly can’t think of a Rangers game in history that I have cared about less. It’s all about midweek

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Tav and Goldson start this. Although I hope I am wrong. Hopefully, Roofe is on the bench.
Was thinking the same, don't want them to play but they seem to prefer playing than being rested.

I would like to think that Robbie Neilson, who is iirc a Rangers fan, will tell his team not to injure any our players as he will want us to win on Wednesday. Next Saturday is a different story of course.

I just can’t see this at all.

I think you will be lucky to see one or two players featuring that will start on Wednesday.

I honestly can’t think of a Rangers game in history that I have cared about less. It’s all about midweek
I hope your right. I agree about i couldnt care less either. I just have a feeling he will want them to keep up match sharpness and momentum going into frankfurt. I really hope he does keep out the big guns

I hope your right. I agree about i couldnt care less either. I just have a feeling he will want them to keep up match sharpness and momentum going into frankfurt. I really hope he does keep out the big guns
Anybody that is in line to start on Wed will not get anymore than a 30 min cameo today I’d imagine.

Both sides will be using their squad, as both have a final or finals to prepare for and it's a dead rubber for both. It will be a training match with maybe one or two on their side trying to make a case for a place in the final next week.

Could see this being a routine 1-1 draw

I would like to think that Robbie Neilson, who is iirc a Rangers fan, will tell his team not to injure any our players as he will want us to win on Wednesday. Next Saturday is a different story of course.
Fandom doesn’t come into it. Neilson’s a professional, and no professional tells other professionals to deliberately injure a player.

But if Hearts have no first team players starting, what deterrent would that be?

I'm not overly concerned though. Think it'll have a training game feel.
They’ll impress enough to be considered for the bench at the final. Unless they’re rabids.

Screenshot-20220514-102846-2.png

Looks about right.

Fandom doesn’t come into it. Neilson’s a professional, and no professional tells other professionals to deliberately injure a player.
Robbie Neilson is not a good Manager but he seems like a reasonably intelligent guy so must realise everything rests on next weekend for him and his team.

Today will be about trying to sharpen players not fully fit and protecting the key players who are ready.

Basically the same as Rangers with the only difference being we have a good, deep squad and they do not.

I’d also expect the normally rowdy Tynecastle atmosphere to be badly lacking due to low crowd numbers and general disinterest.

All of which helps us.

Robbie Neilson is not a good Manager but he seems like a reasonably intelligent guy so must realise everything rests on next weekend for him and his team.

Today will be about trying to sharpen players not fully fit and protecting the key players who are ready.

Basically the same as Rangers with the only difference being we have a good, deep squad and they do not.

I’d also expect the normally rowdy Tynecastle atmosphere to be badly lacking due to low crowd numbers and general disinterest.

All of which helps us.
I think Neilson is a pretty good manager tbh.

All jokes aside, a number of the b team have been called up to the first team.

Hopefully see some of the future. Expecting a win but nothing fancy.

Bigger fish etc.

Back