Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Can't wait for this, was my first thought this morning when I woke up. Thinking about it a bit more, I think a clean sheet would be a massive contribution today - if we can stop them from scoring I can't see us *not* scoring, a 0-0 would be highly unlikely. So, looking for a top drawer performance from our back 5 today.

Big day for the troops,show we can handle pressure at the top and push on towards our goal.

I fancy us today to beat Hertz.

We will see a lot of character today with the team getting up early on a Sunday to go to Edinburgh. I hope they are just as buzzing and excited about this game as I am and not treating it as an early Sunday shift at work.

To be brutally honest, Clancy is my biggest worry.

We've got a better team in better form. But it only takes only one decision from that shitebag of a referee to ruin the day for us

Hopefully we're 'that' good we take him out of the game

Easy enough 2 or 3 goal win for me. Cannot see past us for this, referee not withstanding. That said, if it is a cagey affair for the first half it would be no great surprise and I think most of our damage will be done to them later on in the game.

Edinburgh papers saying Souter, Garruchio, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Wright’s and Naismith all out, probable team;
Pereria
Smith
Dikamona
Berra
Hickey
Whelan
Damour
Clare
Meschino
Mulraney
Ikpeazu

Edinburgh papers saying Souter, Garruchio, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Wright’s and Naismith all out, probable team;
Pereria
Smith
Dikamona
Berra
Hickey
Whelan
Damour
Clare
Meschino
Mulraney
Ikpeazu

Most of these players are a 5-6/10 (though Meschino looks quite useful).

We have the tools to wipe the floor with them.

We should be winning but it's never easy going to Tynecastle, especially after an international break.

As ever, any win will do. I'm not 100 % about this game though, got a feeling it could be 1-1

We should be winning but it's never easy going to Tynecastle, especially after an international break.

As ever, any win will do. I'm not 100 % about this game though, got a feeling it could be 1-1
Ross County, Motherwell, Cambridge utd, Hamilton, Killie.

All teams that have gone there and gotten at least a draw this season.

They will step up a level today, of course, but that level will still be several levels below where they would need to be to cause an upset.

A must win for a number of reasons, none actually related to winning the league. We need to show the belief and strength of character to cope with this position and to be comfortable front runners.

We need to know this group of players believe they can win these games when the expectation is higher than most of them will ever have felt.

This is where Davis and McGregor types will be absolutely vital, guys who have been there and done it.

I’ll say 2-1 Rangers, tentatively.

Don't win and our title credentials will be asked once again.

Need the 3 points.
No doubt we have the better players and should win but over the past 2 or 3 years our squad has had a tendency to shite the bed just when it looked like we were going to mount a challenge.
I’m struggling to shake the memories of the Kilmarnock game after the international break last year where we pretty much blew the league and just hope the mental strength is there now.
I don’t think this will be an easy game. I’ll go for 1-2 to Rangers.

Ross County, Motherwell, Cambridge utd, Hamilton, Killie.

All teams that have gone there and gotten at least a draw this season.

They will step up a level today, of course, but that level will still be several levels below where they would need to be to cause an upset.

If we play to our full potential we'll win. If we don't, and Hearts find some form then it will be a close game. It's down to us, really.

I just don't think we'll be firing on all cylinders due to the break.

Need to be winning these games,not only shows we are up for the fight and battle,even a scrappy 1-0 away win helps winning those titles .

A tough one, and i`ll take ANY win.

Real Test of character this - today will tell if i can fully 100% trust this team consistently on the park.

A Rangers team of recent times would ( potentially) bottle this / slip up / not perform.

Thats no slight on the Manager or the team of this year ( with one exception)

We have been guilty of dropping points - in the past - when we have had an opening.

Lets see how we start...

Early goal and 3-0 gers. Id like to see barasic score another freekick and a morelos goal to get it right up the daily rebels daft story thats going about on another thread.

No doubt we have the better players and should win but over the past 2 or 3 years our squad has had a tendency to shite the bed just when it looked like we were going to mount a challenge.
I’m struggling to shake the memories of the Kilmarnock game after the international break last year where we pretty much blew the league and just hope the mental strength is there now.
I don’t think this will be an easy game. I’ll go for 1-2 to Rangers.
I think the likes of McGregor, Davis and Defoe being more settled in the team now will help with calming the others down, yet geeing them up to get the win, look at St Mirren and Kilmarnock this season, where we struggled, but managed to win.

EHUEhZ9X4AAQ1LZ.jpg:large

Be very surprised if this game finishes 11 v 11.A lot will depend on how the ref performs in this one and us not getting involved in the battle that this undoubtedly will be.Calm heads today and we can get the result we need .I will go for 0-1

No doubts that Hearts will lift their game against us, as do all the others, but hopefully our team are switched on and ready for the challenge.

I think Hearts injury list will dictate that they set out to "win" a point by being solid defence minded and hope for a break or set piece - or dare i say it a "Refereeing Mistake" to give them an advantage.

Hopefully the International Break has given our lads a rest but NOT upset the rhythm of our play we had built up prior.

ANY victory today - no injuries and minimum cards will do me nicely :)

If we play to our full potential we'll win. If we don't, and Hearts find some form then it will be a close game. It's down to us, really.

I just don't think we'll be firing on all cylinders due to the break.

Right when we are playing two games a week the players are tired and need rotated.

Then when we don't play for a couple of weeks we are not firing on all cylinders:)

Would’ve liked Stewart to have started ahead of Ojo who hasn’t been great recently. Going for 3-0 rangers.

Back