Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Onwards to the next game with the realisation that if we don't show the desire and bottle for the fight our league challenge will fade away,
Stevie G. has some really important decisions to make regarding team selection Tav and Ojo definitely need a hard talking too or dropped.

I know Clancy did the pointy thing with Ikpeazu but did he eventually get booked? If he did not then that is bizarre considering what Alfie got booked for.

did any of the other 13 players gift Hearts a goal ?

technically he gave a chance to Mulraney, McGregor saved it.
However I’ve said he should be dropped, but we were so poor we couldn’t even trouble Hearts

Onwards to the next game with the realisation that if we don't show the desire and bottle for the fight our league challenge will fade away,
Stevie G. has some really important decisions to make regarding team selection Tav and Ojo definitely need a hard talking too or dropped.
Think he will definitely start with Kent instead of Ojo not sure what the options are with regards to Tav

I suppose its probably shite but I dont seem to think other teams seem as fired up against Celtic as they are against us.

You're right but, It's a crap excuse mate. Always been this way and in fairness to Hearts, they always give their all against the filth at Tynecastle too. Even Berra acknowledged that they had to sort out their attitude against other teams.

When did hearts last win at home.. they have a horrendeous injury list.. we had 1 yes 1 shot on goal.. thing is we have RANGERS fans who are actually happy with a point..
I'm not happy with a point,but recent form from hearts or anyone goes for nothing.
We have no divine right to win every game. Poor show yes. End of the season,league gone,dont have it. No way,we're doing fine and theres no need for panic.

94 minutes of football after that, in which we weren’t good enough to beat, no actually, not good enough to even trouble Hearts
They scored on the 6th min so only 88 mins. If they hadn't scored their goal, it would have finished 1 nil. I'd be happy with that. We can't win every game by 5.
That's what has and continues to cost us, stupid unforced mistakes. We can't have players, especially defenders making those on a regular basis.

You're right but, It's a crap excuse mate. Always been this way and in fairness to Hearts, they always give their all against the filth at Tynecastle too. Even Berra acknowledged that they had to sort out their attitude against other teams.
As I said probably shite but emotions still running high.Hopefully Celtic will struggle in away games to the likes of Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen even Motherwell cant see them losing to many points at home.

I know Clancy did the pointy thing with Ikpeazu but did he eventually get booked? If he did not then that is bizarre considering what Alfie got booked for.
Nope, which was bizarre in its own right. He did commit another foul after it, still with no booking and no more pointing either. In a game where Clancy flashed the yellow card eight times, it’s these kind of decisions, or lack of one in this case, which leaves you shaking your head.

I've said this before about Tav, but he is what he is.

You play him with the chance of him putting in some wonderful crosses, chipping in with the assists and scoring penalties with the caveat that he is guilty of some horrendous defensive lapses that could cost us games.

You play him or you don't. He can't be coached out of those mistakes at his age.

The annoying thing was that we knew this was a BIG game & we seemed so unprepared for it right from kick off which is what cost us
How could we possibly not be ready for a team to come at us
Very disappointing performance, specially the sluggish start when we should have came out the traps like men possessed. We should have imposed ourselves and matched Hearts’ tempo. We were very naive in the early part of the game.
We’ve not been great away from home in the league this season, we’ve rode our luck quite a few times and a result like that was coming if we weren’t up for the fight.
Too many under-performers today, and it’s also evident that Ryan Jack brings a great stability and balance to the team. We really miss him in battles such as the one at Tynecastle today.

I've said this before about Tav, but he is what he is.

You play him with the chance of him putting in some wonderful crosses, chipping in with the assists and scoring penalties with the caveat that he is guilty of some horrendous defensive lapses that could cost us games.

You play him or you don't. He can't be coached out of those mistakes at his age.

or you move him forward so he can't give away goals and still have his best attributes going forward

WTF did that midfield create today out of interest?

Poor performance today.
Tav is getting worse by the week.
But happy where we are in the league.
This place is turning into Ibrox loyal.

There have been times a 1 all draw away to Hertz would have been a decent result,The over confidence and walkover predictions just make it feel bad.

Before I left to go to the pub I said this was not going to be an easy game and I was correct.
Hearts were into our faces constantly and just like the Celtc game we couldn't handle it

We weren't up for it and practically let the shocking tactics of a Hearts team bully us into submission and we had no alternative or bottle to counteract it and most of our players today didn't look up for the fight.

I've seen this several times over the last two years but we never seen to learn from our basic mistakes which are costing us the bottom line is we should have taken the game to that mob and we didn't and the result will call into question our mentality and bottle etc.

Also some players need to have a good look at themselves that was a pathetic today.

technically he gave a chance to Mulraney, McGregor saved it.
However I’ve said he should be dropped, but we were so poor we couldn’t even trouble Hearts

I'm all for defending players but you seem to be under the illusion that Tav doesn't make any mistakes or the mistakes he does make aren't costing us games

I'm beginning ti wonder if he needs a shot on the bench to save him from himself and give him a chance to re-group

Basically until we go top and then stay there for any meaningful period of time I’m afraid the chokers tag is just going to keep getting flung at us. We just seem incapable of keeping the heat on the mentally challengeds.

Tynecastle is always a BIG game, a slug fest. You need to win the battle first and we were just miles off it today.

If there’s any positives to take, we could easily have lost. 1 shot on target? We’ve still had a 3 point swing in our favour since the last Old Firm game but we need to improve if we are going to be consistent away from home.

I'm all for defending players but you seem to be under the illusion that Tav doesn't make any mistakes or the mistakes he does make aren't costing us games

I'm beginning ti wonder if he needs a shot on the bench to save him from himself and give him a chance to re-group

so you can’t read then.
since if you could you’d see I said “he fucked up again”

Poor performance from us once again fall from the top of the league at the next game.
RB in January please that can be a serious threat to Tavs jerseys.
Draw was a fair result on the grand scheme of things as we were poor.

They scored on the 6th min so only 88 mins. If they hadn't scored their goal, it would have finished 1 nil. I'd be happy with that. We can't win every game by 5.
That's what has and continues to cost us, stupid unforced mistakes. We can't have players, especially defenders making those on a regular basis.
They had just hit the bar before the goal and were only going to continue to trouble us, we were abysmal all game.

Wasted free kick from Tav at the end. He's had a nightmare and needs rested. He's a better player than what he is showing lately.
If we are to win anything we need leaders on the park. We currently have none.

Geez, he has just been rested! He’s had plenty time since he last played. I wish my work would give me 10 days off every 4 weeks at this time of year. It is time that a few people on here just accepted that Tav is nowhere near as good a story they imagine he is.

Totally gutted but this could be a point gained mind the beggars go away to sheep next week after a European game.

Apart from Barisic, the whole defence was nervous and uncertain.
And, again apart from Barisic, those involved in internationals all looked knackered from their efforts.
Morelos did ok but Kamara, Davis and Arfield seemed to have nothing like their normal energy levels.

JW1988 said:
Queue the predictable Tavernier posts

another fuckup, should be dropped.
but another 13 players also played you know

....I had you in my list of the 5 posters most likely to ‘defend Tav bingo’...TY for showing up early.

Would just like to say THA ks to all the fans on my thread the other day there who said we would walk this. Once again we've fucked the top spot and too many thinking we'll walk the league. I'm hoping I'm wrong that if the players didn't win then they don't have the mentality to win the league I really do. It every time now we've went top the next game we've ended back at second. Need to drop a couple players now aswell who's not pulling their weight the likes of tav goldson and arfield know they're almost automatic starters and their performances are showing it

Well, that was a c@nt of a day. Awful performance, couldn't kick on when we needed it. The changes could and should have been made at half time. Disappointing performances and decision making all over the pitch. We must do better!

Tin hat on here and honestly I don't want to start any arguements but do Hertz deserve any credit for what happened today.

I just don't get it with Kamara. Constantly gives the ball away but gets selected ahead of several others.

Tav needs to sort himself out or he'll cost us our season with his major errors. It's still to play for but he cost us two points today and three in the EL recently. He's reverting to the player of a few seasons ago. Makes me think Candeias helped him a lot more than we know.

It just shows the job Jack does in midfield. Along with Davis he does the unseen gritty work to win the ball and allows Aribo and Arfield to link play without tracking back. Davis was the only one willing to do that today.

Back