MOTM Poll Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, so he scored a great goal and set up the all-important first and his header before Tilman should have scored was nice but apart from that what else have the Ryan ever done for us?
His cross for the first goal was very good.
But his goal whilst pleasing has to be put in context of the match.
Are you honestly satisfied with what he is giving us?

Maybe he will kick on, I hope so.

The couple of first half hour goals allowed us to coast for the rest of the game and make changes with Tuesday in mind. A bit rope-a-dope in the second half but I think that was sensible before Anfield.

Really thought we'd have to burst the energy bank for 90+ minutes today but it has all turned out hunky dory.

Good to see our forwards banging in the goals.

Comfortable win for us at a match most saw as one we could drop points considering our recent form.

That said we were slack for periods in the second half once again , until the third goal. Two goal leads are never comfortable.

Black mark to our support for giving our enemies ammunition when singing the Billy Boys just at a time when the spotlight is on them. Will some never fecking learn?

A bit more like it, hopefully we kick on from this result and keep improving as the season goes on.

Yip away at Ajax & the piggery he had little service.

As long as we give him something to work with he'll bang them in. Work rate today was class.
He has a good work rate and definitely gets the goals when he receives the ball - I'm very happy with the signing so far.

Looking forward to seeing him play against Liverpool next.

Barbour seems unhappy with Rangers winning like that today

Which is nice
Had to listen to the game on BBC radio as I was driving and Liam McCleod was willing Hearts back into the game. Saying it was still game on at 2-0 and referencing the Dundee Utd game and Rangers apparently nervy backline.

He has a good work rate and definitely gets the goals when he receives the ball - I'm very happy with the signing so far.

Looking forward to seeing him play against Liverpool next.
Tbh Alfredo should start on Tuesday, the possession and service won’t be there that night so the big man is invisible

His cross for the first goal was very good.
But his goal whilst pleasing has to be put in context of the match.
Are you honestly satisfied with what he is giving us?

Maybe he will kick on, I hope so.
I thought the second half he was doing the things people say he hasn't been doing. It didn't always come off but he was continually driving into the box and trying to take the man on.

He had a couple of other balls he flashed across that could have led to goals.

He wasn't great but anyone saying he was poor this afternoon had made up their mind before kick off and then was disregarding what was actually happening on the park.

Good afternoon for us and a boost for the team ahead of Tuesday.
Pleased to see Davies do well, he’s going to fit in just fine.

Tbh Alfredo should start on Tuesday, the possession and service won’t be there that night so the big man is invisible
A fair point mate, you're probably right to be fair, I imagine a lot of our play will be defensive and waiting for the opportunity to break...Alfredo is best suited to that I suppose.

All the goals (and sending off) from Sky:

I thought Tillman was fantastic today.

Did everything positively and always looking for the ball and forward pass.

Well deserved win today. Never looked uncomfortable.
Yes Tillman did very well, he’s got a great touch. There’s certainly a place for him and with a little more pace he could become a top player.

Good performance today, Colak the obvious MOTM candidate but I've went for Goldson mainly for the number of clearances he made first half, more of the same in the League going forward please Rangers!

A fair point mate, you're probably right to be fair, I imagine a lot of our play will be defensive and waiting for the opportunity to break...Alfredo is best suited to that I suppose.
Other side of the coin is a red card is never far away with alfie unfortunately, which would hurt us more, on his style of play alone though I agree.

I think come the end of the season we'll look back at today's result aswell as their dropped points at St Mirren as the games that turned the tide.

Voted Lundstram but Colak also excellent. Not just the brilliant finish - also played well.
Exactly the kind of striker that offers something different to Alfie that we’ve wanted in the squad for years.

Superb performance.

Davies makes some difference at the back, Colak and Morelos both scoring, Kent assist and goal, clean sheet and Lundstram man of the match for me.

Magic!

The couple of first half hour goals allowed us to coast for the rest of the game and make changes with Tuesday in mind. A bit rope-a-dope in the second half but I think that was sensible before Anfield.

Really thought we'd have to burst the energy bank for 90+ minutes today but it has all turned out hunky dory.

Good to see our forwards banging in the goals.
Makes all the difference when you build an early lead. Compare today to the nail-biter against Dundee Utd, which was far closer to our normal over the past year and that's where our title challenge ultimately faltered last season.

I thought the second half he was doing the things people say he hasn't been doing. It didn't always come off but he was continually driving into the box and trying to take the man on.

He had a couple of other balls he flashed across that could have led to goals.

He wasn't great but anyone saying he was poor this afternoon had made up their mind before kick off and then was disregarding what was actually happening on the park.
He was fairly quiet in the first half.
Against ten men who had thrown in the towel?
I will judge him on Wednesday.
If he isn't up for that then there is no hope.

It could’ve been more if we’d gone for it but happy to see us get a couple of goals before the red card.

All the goals (and sending off) from Sky:
Thanks, M8.

Would love to see the chalked-off Arfield goal again.

Other side of the coin is a red card is never far away with alfie unfortunately, which would hurt us more, on his style of play alone though I agree.
I guess, but I would hope that he has learned from his most recent and a seat in the stands, time will tell, he's a quality player, he doesn't need to get involved with the wind up games he gets from other players.

Latest posts

Back