MOTM Poll Hearts v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comfortable win for us at a match most saw as one we could drop points considering our recent form.

That said we were slack for periods in the second half once again , until the third goal. Two goal leads are never comfortable.

Black mark to our support for giving our enemies ammunition when singing the Billy Boys just at a time when the spotlight is on them. Will some never fecking learn?
Black Mark's to our support? When are you going to learn that the only way for us to satisfy our enemies is to cease to exist.

Anyway, Billy Boys is a fine tune which we have every right to sing. If it offends them, all the better.

Comfortable win for us at a match most saw as one we could drop points considering our recent form.

That said we were slack for periods in the second half once again , until the third goal. Two goal leads are never comfortable.

Black mark to our support for giving our enemies ammunition when singing the Billy Boys just at a time when the spotlight is on them. Will some never fecking learn?
The Billy Boys being sung in a domestic game means absolutely nothing. They can't and won't open that can of worms. It's just in Europe we need to avoid it.

McGregor - a stroll in the park for him

Tav - not quite at his best but more than effective
Goldson - grew into game after sloppy start, solid
Davies - promising half, looks calm and assured
Barisic - poorest game for weeks but was ok and contributed

Lundstram - good 1st half with room for improvement, immense 2nd half
Jack - solid

Matondo - still not quite at it but better and a great assist
Arfield - poor decision making and finishing but worked hard, goal not given was scandalous
Kent - great assist and goal but lacking otherwise

Colak - simply deadly

subs

Sands - was ok
Sakala - decent cameo
Davis - usual Davo show
Morelos - great finish, could've scored more
Tillman - won the ball a lot and caused havoc

Black Mark's to our support? When are you going to learn that the only way for us to satisfy our enemies is to cease to exist.

Anyway, Billy Boys is a fine tune which we have every right to sing. If it offends them, all the better.
The Billy Boys being sung in a domestic game means absolutely nothing. They can't and won't open that can of worms. It's just in Europe we need to avoid it.
Not in my book, nor the club, it’s time is up, like it or not.

Jack - solid

Arfield - poor decision making and finishing but worked hard, goal not given was scandalous

Colak - simply deadly

subs

Sands - was ok
Sakala - decent cameo
Davis - usual Davo show
up 2nil at the half them down to 10…
would have loved to have seen alfie n colak both run onto the park at beginning of 2nd half

Much, much more like it today. A 4-0 win and 4 very presentable goals at that. Colak really found the angle superbly for the second. Frustrating to have a perfectly good goal chalked off but that was a good day's work across the board.

Great result and great to be back on top o' the league, hopefully this is the good run 'kicking in' that we've all been waiting for. Here's hoping we've not picked-up any injuries for the trip to Anfield on Tuesday. We've just got to go there and leave everything on the park, we know it's not gonnae be an easy match (that's an understatement), but today's performance does lift the mood a bit, though I'm not getting carried away. Liverpool's a different beast entirely, so let's just enjoy today

H

Had to shoe horn a moan in eh?
Ffs give it a rest

Such a weird game. Score line should have been more, but on the other hand that second half performance at times was boring as %^*&

superb result today, absolute woeful from the referee today , and I thought Colak was absolutely superb today, the man is an out and out finisher.

Managed to just catch the highlights. Looks like it could and should have been more than 4. More like 7 or 8. Missed a number of great chances.

Some result though. Certainly wants not expecting a 4-0 thumping of Hearts at Tynecastle given the way we’ve been playing.

Onwards…

I'll take a boring 2nd half like that all season.
2 up with a massive game on Tuesday. No need to empty ourselves. 3 points and hame.
I agree but Super made a good point in the 2nd half that when Rangers find themselves against 10 men we seem to slow our play down rather than using our advantage to the max and going for the jugular.
I'll give the team the benefit of the doubt that they had Tuesday on their minds but I've seen it before that we do tend to drop a gear when we have a numerical advantage.

During the week quite a few on FF expected a poor result today. I wasn’t sure what to expect. Usually after an international break we tend to be a bit slow. So, the peach of an early goal put wind in our sails and caught Hearts out. They seemed surprised to be one nil down after 5 minutes. 2-0 nil up and Hearts were struggling. And what a goal from Colak. Through the eye of a needle. Sure, could have been 6 or 7. Arfield scored an instinctive goal, but chalked off for nothing. A really pleasing, sunny afternoon in Edinburgh (with occasional showers :))). And the tärriers nearly screwed it. What a nice weekend.

Jack - solid

Colak - simply deadly

subs

Sands - was ok
Sakala - decent cameo
Davis - usual Davo show
I get what you are saying with Kent but a goal and assist for a winger is pretty good.

In Dublin of all places with the wife this weekend, absolutely buzzing with the result and my weekend not ruined! Happy days!

Best Tynecastle display since Mrs Polster's jeans
Screenshot-2019-06-09-at-18.46.10.png

Back