Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

If frustrates me the amount of gifts we give teams. We don't make them win it. We gift it. Irma Goldson doesn't slip he blocks that shot. You couldn't make it up.

I know mate. I could mention a few but conscious that I don’t want to sound like I’m singling folk out...some don’t deserve it.

But how many goals are scored against rangers that you just hold your hands up and say “well done”? Porto strike away from home maybe but even that was slack play from jack.

It’s not just one player doing it though either so I don’t know how we cut it out.

Aaarrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!!! :mad:

That's my thoughts on that game.

You're going to lose some games I know, and i'd be content to relegate that to a bad day at the office were it not for the fact that the mentally challengeds don't look like they're going to drop points in similar games. We really should be putting away a team that is bottom of the league and has been utter mince all season. We are the best footballing side in Scotland and when we're on our game there isn't a team in this league that can live with us. However, we allow sides to bully us far too easily, and talented as they are, many of our players just don't seem to be able to handle the physicality of the Scottish game. Alfredo is the only player I can think of that knows how to handle the neanderthals that ply their trade in Scotland because he can give back what he receives. The only problem being, he gets singled out for punishment when he does. Our passing game this season has been wonderful, and today's result doesn't mean we should abandon it. However, we need a plan B. When our movement and passing doesn't click, we struggle. Today has brought me crashing back to earth after the highs of the piggery, but I suppose you have to take the bad with the good and keep your focus on the big prize.

No MOTM today as noone really stood out. Aribo, Kent, Goldson, and Barasic, weren't terrible, but that's not the same as being a standout. If there was one shinning light in today's debacle it was Matt Polster's second half performance. He just might have nicked the shirt off Flanagan as back up for Tav, and bought himself a stay of execution for the rest of the season. Some of his passing was top rate, and at least he is willing to get forward. He offers us better balance than the Liverpudlian and gives us short term cover whilst young Patterson matures.

One last thought. These enforced breaks seem to do us more harm than good. I heard the gaffer say in midweek that the winter shut down came at a perfect time for us, but I have to disagree. Every time their is a shut down for Internationals or whatever we really struggle to get our form back. I don't know why this is, but it's something Gerrard and McAllister need to figure out quick.

Hearts playing like they're 4 points adrift at the bottom, and us playing without our two talismans.

Not so much a one man team, but Tav (with all his critics) and buff make us tick.

Kamara looking like a player worth every penny of his 50k fee, and not the touted 10m to the EPL.

We all have off days, just we've not looked on it since the break.

Chin up and no surrender. Game in hand and still to play those c*nts twice.

Early night and the boys are back at it on weds.

WATP

Hearts playing like they're 4 points adrift at the bottom, and us playing without our two talismans.

Not so much a one man team, but Tav (with all his critics) and buff make us tick.

Kamara looking like a player worth every penny of his 50k fee, and not the touted 10m to the EPL.

WATP
Totally agree. Let’s go on a big run now.

A body blow today but maybe it’s just the massive boot in the arse we need. This league is NOT over, far from it. Hearts today played as if their lives depended on it, pressed and harassed us straight from the off. We couldn’t cope with their energy and fight. It pains me to admit it but Naismith was excellent for them.

I'm actually a kamara fan but he gave the ball away to put hearts on the attack then gave the ball away 2 mins later that gave them their goal. Sickener.
He was the weakest link in a poor team today, but, Flanagan was not far behind him. In fact hard to think of anyone who got pass marks.

Well, that was disappointing to say the least,although putting extra pressure on ourselves it was always certain that somewhere along the line we would drop points.
The margin of error now is almost zero , We must beat the mhanks at Ibrox and take 1 point at the Piggery at least.
In between we must just keep on winning so basically it's still in our own hands.

Polster pass marks. Every other outfield player needs to take a look themselves.

Not quite calmed down yet. But looking back you’re probably right. Just annoyed at how many “comedy” goals we lose. Not that we lose many goals but with the ones we do it seems a high percentage are slips/poor passes/switching off. Just when goldson went down I was screaming my head off.....even though it was all down to kamaras poor play.
Screaming at Kamara to clear his lines and blooter the ball out the park. Nope. I called Goldson Bambi in his first season as he spent most of his time on his arse. Did he stay on his feet this time? NOPE. OK, I am still hurting.

WATP

Hearts were also without their two best players this season in Smith and Hickey. Even without Hickey they managed to field 3 teenagers who outplayed and outfought anything in blue. Not to even mention they gave debuts to two players who hadn't been at their club 24 hours!

Awful day at the office. Unfortunately they happen.
~

That was a poor watch. Seemed inevitable they'd nick one from about 70 onwards and from a bloke that had been breathing through his arse for the previous 10 minutes. Like watching a film that you knew how it ended...feckin awful. No use turning up against the shite and then bottling it against a bunch like these today.

They might be bottom of the league but won’t be for long, they’ve turned a corner. The scum won’t have it all their own way at Tynecastle either.

today was another example of Alfie’s Ill discipline costing us, he’s so important to us in tough away games like today. Defoe has his use but he doesn’t hold the ball up and bring others into play the way Morelos does. If there’s one thing we’re lacking it’s a backup striker in that mould.
I’m not going to get too down after today, never expected us to go undefeated, just as I don’t expect separate entity to do so either. Lots still to play for.

Scum wont be back at Tyncastle unless they make top 6

The seeds for that shit show were sown v St. Mirren imo. The midfield was set up too defensively in that game and Arfield should’ve been playing to provide a link up with Defoe and carried through to this game.

We have looked off the pace since the break,defeats happen it's how you react to them,3 home games now and Alfie back 9 points a must!

the whole team played sh*t at the same time
only polster for me got pass marks
hearts were fitter, stronger and more determined
another point we lost the ball from every single throw in we took

Well that was a bit pish. Hearts just looked like they wanted it more, and were first to just about every 50/50 and break of the ball. Just looked like we weren't up for the pace and fight. Finger oot Gers.

Last season all over again, great result against them then winter break and we drop points to bottom of league teams, need to get finger out quickly before any more dropped points

So disappointing, what can you say about our performances since the the Stranraer game. We have been flat and a defeat was always coming.
It’s our reaction that matters now, if we don’t pick ourselves up we are in serious bother.

Kamara was very poor I would have took him off, thought Polster passed the ball very well but we still need another striker

watched it back again this morning and Kamara was so, so disappointing yesterday
Surprised that any Rangers supporter would actually want to watch the match again, I would have thought most supporters would have just deleted it if they had recorded it, rather go through the agony again. Was it any better the second time round, was there anything positive In the match? Will the team even watch it?

Leave

Aribo is a class player kamara can be poor at times

Aribo will never realise his potential without a bigger
Nothing to say when a team like Hearts show more desire more energy more guts than you d have no excuses no more chat about squad depth we were outplayed in every domain by HEARTS FFS

For me, it was as much about desire. Hearts wanted it more right from the off.

Some games are about rolling up the sleeves and battling for the result.

Surprised that any Rangers supporter would actually want to watch the match again, I would have thought most supporters would have just deleted it if they had recorded it, rather go through the agony again. Was it any better the second time round, was there anything positive In the match? Will the team even watch it?
It has to be faced up to how appallingly bad the performance was, especially by the players and management. Today, it will surely be analysed at Auchenhowie, no matter how much it hurts. I'd love to listen in on the discussion.

Interesting to note that most observers of that match gave the MOTM to either Halkett (a centre-half that we know about for obvious reasons, and whom several on here had suggested strongly that we re-sign).

Or to Boyce, a fairly unknown striker from a low-level club, who ran us fecking ragged.

What could be taken from this is that not only did they show more desire, but you don't necessarily need to buy Euro superstars or rising Youtube hotshots to get players who will shine in Scottish football.

Of course we all want another Mols, or Arveladze, Prso or Jelavic.
I'd really like to see suchlike join us.
But they don't need to be of that stature to get us results and goals in the Scottish Premier league.

This is how bad it's getting, we re planning Alfie's next suspension
My reply was to a previous post stating he could miss the Hibs game if he collected two more booking.
This is impossible due to the 14 day rule.
Hopefully he can go on a decent run without being booked.

Back