hearts v Rangers 26th August 1953 league Cup

Saltcoatsblu

Whilst in the mood to do a bit of scanning, i thought i'd scan one of my favourite programmes,
a trip to Tynecastle in the League Cup section C, a 1-1 draw,.... a 1-1 draw, probably a drab game so what's so special about this programme, i hear you cry !!!.,:eek: well it's actually the signatures on it, that makes it a wee bit special...... :D:p:cool:

qna1ag.jpg

5xo7jp.jpg

348k3zn.jpg

30ru0j6.jpg

2uszww9.jpg

2iw0if4.jpg

2uiaydc.jpg

256a8lg.jpg

2uy3wqw.png

Very nice.

I've got the first 'Playing for Rangers' book signed by the whole team (minus Jim Baxter) plus Alan Morton and Bob McPhail. Alan Morton added 'Wee Blue Devil'.

(Got Jim Baxter's autograph later.)

Whilst in the mood to do a bit of scanning, i thought i'd scan one of my favourite programmes,
a trip to Tynecastle in the League Cup section C, a 1-1 draw,.... a 1-1 draw, probably a drab game so what's so special about this programme, i hear you cry !!!.,:eek: well it's actually the signatures on it, that makes it a wee bit special...... :D:p:cool:

qna1ag.jpg

5xo7jp.jpg

348k3zn.jpg

30ru0j6.jpg

2uszww9.jpg

2iw0if4.jpg

2uiaydc.jpg

256a8lg.jpg

2uy3wqw.png

That's a treasure that one bro

how do you do that mate ive got john greigs a captains part and inside i have autographs some i dont recognize would love to post to see if anyone can, my dad took the book to a game at the time book came out and caught some players i was probably only 9 at time and his memory's no great lol

how do you do that mate ive got john greigs a captains part and inside i have autographs some i dont recognize would love to post to see if anyone can, my dad took the book to a game at the time book came out and caught some players i was probably only 9 at time and his memory's no great lol
I use tinypics bro, just scan the page, then edit the picture to get the right size you want,
and save, then go into tinypics and upload the picture you want, find the link for messageboards then right click copy, the paste in your thread....probably sound complicated but a few practices and you'll be fine

That's a fantastic post.

What strikes me most about the actual content of the programme is the respect for us while still having pride in their own team, its achievements and looking for them to do well whilst not belittling or sniping at their opponents.

A great piece of memorabilia.

Amazing to have Alan Morton's autograph. As others have written, some of this stuff ought to be in our own Museum. I'm quite sure we would have too much stuff to show rather than not enough. The gems out there owned by our supporters must be incredible. Come on, Rangers, let's have our own museum.

Amazing to have Alan Morton's autograph. As others have written, some of this stuff ought to be in our own Museum. I'm quite sure we would have too much stuff to show rather than not enough. The gems out there owned by our supporters must be incredible. Come on, Rangers, let's have our own museum.
that's the thing bro, i'm sure you could have a museum in most cities and towns

I use tinypics bro, just scan the page, then edit the picture to get the right size you want,
and save, then go into tinypics and upload the picture you want, find the link for messageboards then right click copy, the paste in your thread....probably sound complicated but a few practices and you'll be fine
thanks for that mate much appreciated

Back