Match Thread ** Hearts v Rangers - Sky Sports **

McCrorie stays when Alves and Cardoso are back.
Holt stays when Dorrans comes back.

Both are now the men in possession.

Really enjoyable but I feel like weeping when I think of last weeks pitiful 2 efforts. This team should have smashed Motherwell and Killie. Anyway, onwards and upwards.....

Jason holt was magnificent in the second half he covered every blade of grass.fair play to all the players today they all put in a shift

Far better performance than anything else we have seen this season given the circumstances.

I thought we played with a lot more freedom today - especially in that 2nd half. It was almost like Murty simply told them to go out there and express themselves and simply enjoy it ... easy to say but a lot harder to do of course.

Good performance under the circumstances and good to see us play the ball on the deck a bit more, we had become back to front under Pedro.

A proper show of guts to wrestle that game away from Hearts in the second half after going 1-0 down. I think the goal before half time was the turning point- we were poor until that went in. It gave us the belief to move forward and win that game.

Well done Graeme Murty. Must undoubtedly been more satisfying than meeting Gerrard and his young team last night.

I think he has been a great servant if you want to call it that of Rangers.

Took the job, took the first team and applied his knowledge.

I have loads of respect for him.

Take the win all day after the last two performances. Got bullied a bit in the first half but got in about them the second and started to win more 50-50 balls. Still would like the new manager to get some more physically imposing midfielders. Happy Happy today well done lads.

I don't know what went on behind the scenes with Pedro but Murty clearly didn't agree with Pedro. Inspirational bringing Kenny back as Captain. Even more important, the players showed no resentment to him especially as captain and celebrated his goals. And what an ovation when he came off.

Good victory and glad to see some unity on the pitch and on the bench. Hearts are poor so not getting carried away but a lot more fight than we have seen in recent weeks. Miller silenced some of his critics (me included) but let's give credit to Murty for the courage shown in his selection

I'm delighted with the win and second half performance.Tav,McCrorie,Holt,Jack and Miller all stepped up in the second period.

Especially pleased for Murty and JJ.

We started looking like a team when we got the second. So much more fluent when we relax. Miller made the difference, and it rubber off on Windass. I mean how many times have we seen him demonstrate skill and pace only to fluff it in front of goal. Glad of the win but I'll not be getting carried away. Over the piece we only looked equal to Hearts. I think these players aren't good enough. Hopefully King doesn't start seeing cheapo solutions on the back of one win.

I think its fear of losing a goal as we know the defence is ropey , our next signings should be a centre half and right back. Make us solid at the back and give the midfield and forwards some confidence we wont ship a goal if we lose possession.

It's interesting how different people see things. I think midfield is the key. Imo, we've been short in the middle of the park and we need to sort that out first.

I think Alves and Cardoso or McCrorie is good enough.

I agree about full back, but I'd prioritise left mid before either ful back position. Windass just isn't good enough.

There's the difference. You see a win and think we played well - we didn't.

I'll take the win, but a decent team (in Scotland) would have hammered us.
And if yer aunty had baws she'd be your uncle etc.Can only beat the team you're playing mate.Take the win and the second half performance and have some celebratory juice tonight.We won,scored three and came from behind to do so.Windass even scored ffs.Would that have happened last week,two weeks ago?Nope.

Well done Rangers some real good performances today, the big factor is everyone of them chased the ball and fought for it.

And if yer aunty had baws she'd be your uncle etc.Can only beat the team you're playing mate.Take the win and the second half performance and have some celebratory juice tonight.We won,scored three and came from behind to do so.Windass even scored ffs.Would that have happened last week,two weeks ago?Nope.

I'll take the win anytime. :)

I'm just not getting carried away with that performance.

Enjoy your celebratory juice. :)

Untitled_14sz.jpg

Well, overall that was a good performance. Has to be said, Miller really did put in a very good performance and his two goals were damn good. Good work from Tav and Morelos in setting him up. As for Windass - he did come onto a game and he took his goal well. That's what he's capable of and what we need to see much, much more of.

Thought McCrorie and Wilson both had a decent game again today. Holt was also very good, again.

A good response to a terrible week, scored 3 good goals and showed some character too. Josh Windass has raised the bar on his own game, we need more of that kind of finishing from him. Nothing really to say about Kenny Miller he answered all his critics. Delighted for Mr Murty and his staff, well done all.

Back