Helander again

Had an important block when the game was 0-0 which has gone a little under the radar. Both him and Balogun are really good but feel Helander reads whats going on around him better and is able to snuff out the low crosses that we have been guilty of conceding occasionally.
I mentioned it on the match thread! :)

I honestly believe that his injury last year cost us dear after Christmas. Balogun is a good defender of that there is no doubt, however I actually think Goldson becomes better when Helander plays.

Helander seems to take the big job of marking their best forward and from what I can remember I've yet to see him lose a personal battle.
I think he’s a cut above to be honest.
Always have, since the day we signed him.

Goldson and Helander just ooze class together. What a problem for the manager to have though as Balogun has not let anyone down either. Great options.

Helander has barely put a foot wrong in this and the last match. I absolutely LOVE the fact that we have strength in depth at this position. For the first time in a long while I know that if one of our center backs get injured, we have adequate depth to take care of most matches.

We have three outstanding centre backs. For me Helander is the best out them all. His reading of the game and positional sense is fantastic. He had a great block in the first half as well. Terrific footballer

Another great display. Definitely more protection for Shagger. Appears to block more shots and deals well with crosses. Happy days we have 3 fit and in-inform CBs.

It's got to be Goldson + Helander for me. Balogun has been great this season and we should definitely keep him, but Helander's positional sense is a level above for me. Makes a big difference playing a left footer who is comfortable on the ball there as well.

Hellander had one outstanding tackle in first 20 mins just when Hibs were settling. He had two immense headers. At least one if not all of these would have been goal scoring chances for Hivs

He was my MOM last night. Solid and gas great positional strength. Can also see good passes forward.

Agree that he is probably the better of our CB’s but no matter who is there i am completely at ease with them all. How long has it been since we could think like that?

Him and Balogun are two different types. But I'll tell you something.

I really don't give a fcuk which one plays. I really like them both.

CB is our most comfortable position and Katic will be back to make it more so. Even if we were forced to play Edmundson I wouldn't be regarding it as the end of the world. Even if we got desperate I'm sure even Bassey wouldn't let us down.

At no other place on the park do we have the same depth.

Helander, Goldson & Balogun are 3 very good centre defenders. We should be grateful to have all 3.

Helander is the best actual defender at the club imo.

Our other CB’s like Goldson (leadership and good on the ball) and Balogun (pace) have varying attributes, but Helander has a the best at purely defending.

Back