Helander injury

Bigbluebear

What happened to him? Did Edouard stand on him? Didnt see a replay but assumed that edouard strode on his foot. Didnt hear any calls for a red card from sutton for it

Must be doubtful for midweek.

I suppose that's why we built a squad with 4 good centre backs.

So nobody really knows what happened to him?

It was an injury to his foot. That's why I thought he got stood on.

Hope it's not serious but didnt think he looked comfortable today.

Atleast with Katic coming in we might score from a corner

Helander did nothing wrong today and made a fantastic goal saving challenge.

Looked like whatever happened he knew immediately it was a problem.
Be very surprised if we see him on Thursday

From what I recall, Edouard was backing into him as the ball came up towards the Rangers area, and the CFC player stood right on the topmost part of Helander's foot.

tbf, although it was a foul, I don't think Edouard actually meant to do any such damage to our man.

What I did like though was that Helander immediately gestured to the bench that he needed to go off right away.
No feffing around, just the simple realisation that he couldn't run anymore and that he had to be replaced there and then by someone else who could.

Helander did nothing wrong today and made a fantastic goal saving challenge.

Looked like whatever happened he knew immediately it was a problem.
Be very surprised if we see him on Thursday
This people constantly jump on his pace however other than that he is a really good defender id like to see a Katic Helander partnership at cb I think they would complement each other well

Last edited:
It looked to me like he gestures to Barisic that him and Edouard had got their legs tangled and he came off worst. Lower calf or Achilles I thought.

Back