Helander Injury

I'm going to watch it later to confirm, however did Christie not steal a decent number of yards with the free kick position as well? I'm sure the foul was closer to the halfway line.

Whether you are a Helander fan or not, nobody should wish an injury on him. It's fortunate that we have four players that can do a half decent job at CB.

You and I know what happened, after it happened. Did you, in real time, honestly think “oh no, they’re going to score here?”
You and I know what happened, after it happened. Did you, in real time, honestly think “oh no, they’re going to score here?”
The amount of shite people write on here is unreal. There was absolutely no need for goldson to dive in, edouard had his back to goal out wide. It put us under unnecessary pressure, which resulted in them scoring.

The amount of shite people write on here is unreal. There was absolutely no need for goldson to dive in, edouard had his back to goal out wide. It put us under unnecessary pressure, which resulted in them scoring.

And you knew it was going to result in a goal?

Despite hundreds of other tackles and fouls in that area of the pitch leading to free kicks which aren’t scored on over the course of a season.

Your first sentence is correct it seems, but maybe not the way you intended.

My guess is they have organised these games for players who play in Sweden or other countries that have a winter shutdown, which is why Helander is not in the squad.
[/QUOTE]

That is a not only a very good guess, but is also factually correct. Sweden do it every year - tests the players on the fringes who are in the winter break.

Helander has been great but if this is true it opens the door for big katic who i have the upmost confidence in

We need everybody fit - it is a large squad but lacking quality in some back up positions. I am one of the few that think Goldson is pretty good - but that is a another discussion.

It seems big Niko is Stevie’s ‘go to guy’when things go awry, or one of Goldson or Helander partnership picks up an injury.
But when Helander is back fit, he will find himself back on the bench...
He deserves to be commended for dealing with that situation continually, especially since Goldson and Helander are not exactly…solid!
I get it.It is what it is.
Good luck big man and show everybody what it really means to play for this club.

It seems big Niko is Stevie’s ‘go to guy’when things go awry, or one of Goldson or Helander partnership picks up an injury.
He deserves to be commended for dealing with that situation continually, especially since Goldson and Helander are not exactly…solid!
Good luck big man and show everybody what it really means to play for this club.
Our best centre half shouldn’t be on the bench

I honestly have no apprehension about Katic or Edmundson playing tomorrow.

Total faith in both of them, whichever one starts, and no doubt the other on the bench.

Don’t know how you define solid but our goals against record is far from shabby

Don’t know how you define solid but our goals against record is far from shabby

The word solid can be interpreted differently.
The goals we have lost to Hamilton, Feyenoord, Aberdeen, and now on Sunday have all been preventable in my opinion.And it seems in the managers as well.Hence not solid.Still losing preventable goals.Very few clean sheets.
Shabby is your word not mine.
What context are you using this word?

Of course he'll be a huge miss, as you say he's a huge part of the reason we're sitting top our group in Europe.
I think some posters don’t want to fully grasp that some players are better suited to certain games/opposition.
Fwiw and I know this goes against the argument of a settled back four,I’d rotate Helander with Katic depending on who we’re playing.

Back