Helander out for the foreseeable future

It's a loss, but this isn't 2019. We have able cover.

Goldson is good. Balogun is a Nigerian international and no slouch. Simpson has played a bunch of games and has looked fine, bit jittery in places but show me a defender that hasn't at Rangers.

We also have the capacity to bring someone like King up from the B-team to be 4th choice cover.

Highlights the folly of sending Katic on loan.

Even getting shut of Edmundson now looks iffy.

We've still got the men but are thin on back up.

Fil hasbeen our best defender this season,massive loss.

Get better soon Fil, that's not a request.

A bit of panty wetting i think.

Anyone that pulls on the jersey knows what is expected.

No difference to anyone.
Im starting to realise that people aren’t allowed to voice concerns about one of our top players being out injured long term on here without some posters using the old “ panty wetter, we are Rangers , wouldn’t want to be in trenches etc” tiresome rubbish that has no material effect on an actual football match

Losing Helander is a massive blow and no amount of window dressing or acting staunch is going to change that fact

Grim. Balogun has shown time and time again he isn’t EL level (despite his good showing against the mentally challengeds).

Wouldn’t be adverse to giving McClelland a shot in there. Impressed me when I have seen him.

So you think Balogun isn’t good enough… (which is pish)… but you think McClelland should get the nod?

In the current climate with Covid numbers, I honestly think it would be ridiculous if didn’t bring someone in until the end of the season.

We don’t need to spend a fortune, but we need to bolster a bit.
I’d imagine we’ll have agents on to us already with options.

If there was a sensible option I’d imagine SG would seriously consider it.

That's a blow for sure.

Balogun was really steady last season (but I accept was poor against Malmo this season) so we need to go with him & Goldson.

Simpson has been ok at times, but still looks unnaturally nervous to me so I would probably only use him as a starter in "easier" home league games, or bring him on if we are well up.

Bassey is completely untried at centre back so who knows what we'd get there.

Grim. Balogun has shown time and time again he isn’t EL level (despite his good showing against the mentally challengeds).

Wouldn’t be adverse to giving McClelland a shot in there. Impressed me when I have seen him.
Is that you Kyle??
Dont play a full internationalist with European experience but play a boy thay plays aganst Bonnyrigg Rose...thank %^*& you done manage the team

That’s what I was about to ask , is it Cruciate ? Hopefully not and more ligament Injury .

Cruciate is a ligament. All ligament injuries are as bad as each other when it comes to time out. If anything cruciate is the less invasive knee ligament injury. I’ve had it done twice.

Was at the B team game last night Leon King went off with an injury Stevie G and Gary Mac were at the match

Why let facts get in the way? Simpson has been questioned since he got signed, loads on FF have decided he's a dud, and he'll l never convince them otherwise.

He was only on for a short time and he didn’t cause any major issues but I don’t know many with confidence in him and that’s based on his minutes to date. As I’ve said, he looks unsure and nervous. He seems to make poor defensive decisions and looks uncomfortable under any pressure.

I accept that on Saturday others were poorer, especially Helander. However, Helander has plenty credit in the bank.
Simpson has to adjust to the fact that one mistake at Rangers can be more costly than at many other clubs, as it is with all top clubs, but I don't think he has been particularly poor beyond that. For instance, against Celtic, in May, he hadn a good game mostly, but one mistake at a corner gave a goal away. He will have to adjust to that, but he won't be the first to be written off before proving his doubters wrong. Hopefully he ups his game throughout games, and adjusts to be being a Rangers player better with more consistency. I don't think he has been particularly poor beyond that though.

King is very highly thought of and I’d imagine will step in as the 4th centre back in the squad.

This is why we develop young players, if he can push on he might never look back from this period.

Gutted for the big man though, would prefer he takes his time and comes back when he’s ready.

How many times Davie.... :))
I find it almost unbelievable but there you go . If there’s no recall clause what happens if Goldson or Balogun get injured ? We’ve gone from having Edmunsen , Katic , Helander , Goldson Balogun and Simpson ( six available centre halves ) to now just three, and just two for tomorrow night

King is very highly thought of and I’d imagine will step in as the 4th centre back in the squad.

This is why we develop young players, if he can push on he might never look back from this period.

Gutted for the big man though, would prefer he takes his time and comes back when he’s ready.
Injured last night king was

I wonder if we’ll look at any free agents at cover. Are there any?!
Doubt it, we will use Simpson and Bassey where necessary and if we really need to Leon King or Kyle McClelland would fill in, anyone who is free at this stage is probably a free for a reason.

I find it almost unbelievable but there you go . If there’s no recall clause what happens if Goldson or Balogun get injured ? We’ve gone from having Edmunsen , Katic , Helander , Goldson Balogun and Simpson ( six available centre halves ) to now just three
We do have a recall clause, but can’t activate it till January - as has been said.

You’ve just lined out hypotheticals, you could say that about anything and we can’t prepare for every little thing.

If we kept all 6 of them, and Helander stayed fit then we’d be questioning why we were paying wages for players surplus to requirements.

Things happen, we deal with as best we can.

Highlights the folly of sending Katic on loan.

Even getting shut of Edmundson now looks iffy.

We've still got the men but are thin on back up.

Fil hasbeen our best defender this season,massive loss.

Get better soon Fil, that's not a request.
Not really mate no team carries 5/6 central defenders going into the season. Katic needs game time as well coming off that injury he probably still wouldn’t get it at us right now

I find it almost unbelievable but there you go . If there’s no recall clause what happens if Goldson or Balogun get injured ? We’ve gone from having Edmunsen , Katic , Helander , Goldson Balogun and Simpson ( six available centre halves ) to now just three
I don’t think you can re-register a player out on loan.
The windows aren’t exactly transfer windows, they’re registration windows.

I find it almost unbelievable but there you go . If there’s no recall clause what happens if Goldson or Balogun get injured ? We’ve gone from having Edmunsen , Katic , Helander , Goldson Balogun and Simpson ( six available centre halves ) to now just three, and just two for tomorrow night
Bassey to centre back and Barisic back in at left back has to be an option.
Also, need to remember Simpson is still available for domestic games.

Simpson has to adjust to the fact that one mistake at Rangers can be more costly than at many other clubs, as it is with all top clubs, but I don't think he has been particularly poor beyond that. For instance, against Celtic, in May, he hadn a good game mostly, but one mistake at a corner gave a goal away. He will have to adjust to that, but he won't be the first to be written off before proving his doubters wrong. Hopefully he ups his game throughout games, and adjusts to be being a Rangers player better with more consistency. I don't think he has been particularly poor beyond that though.

I think there’s definitely truth in that mate but I have seen a fair few wobbly moments from him.

He came with a good reputation, he’s still young and it’s difficult for any centre back to get into their groove with such few minutes but I certainly wouldn’t be confident with him as things stand.

Hope big Fil makes a full and speedy recovery. I doubt is ACL. Maybe MCL which is less time out?

Now 2 points that are pissing me right off just now.
1. We CANNOT recall Katic until January so can this shit stop please
2. Simpson needs a run of games and he needs our support. I'm not comparing players but I am comparing history....anyone remember the shit directed towards Borna? It's too early to write him off FFS.

This is a squad of Rangers players who just won #55. Can we get behind every single one of them? There are some on here that should be ashamed to call themselves a supporter they way they carry on sometimes. Get behind the lad and get behind the team.

Hope big Fil makes a full and speedy recovery. I doubt is ACL. Maybe MCL which is less time out?

Now 2 points that are pissing me right off just now.
1. We CANNOT recall Katic until January so can this shit stop please
2. Simpson needs a run of games and he needs our support. I'm not comparing players but I am comparing history....anyone remember the shit directed towards Borna? It's too early to write him off FFS.

This is a squad of Rangers players who just won #55. Can we get behind every single one of them? There are some on here that should be ashamed to call themselves a supporter they way they carry on sometimes. Get behind the lad and get behind the team.

At least with Borna you could see the talent in his left foot from set pieces and crossing - it was everything else he was struggling with - balls over his head, 1v1 duels, physical battles.

Simpson has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he should be playing at Rangers.

Yes we have cover till January.

But long term having Jack and Helander as main players for the squad is not going to work. Both are injured far to often for long periods.

Im starting to realise that people aren’t allowed to voice concerns about one of our top players being out injured long term on here without some posters using the old “ panty wetter, we are Rangers , wouldn’t want to be in trenches etc” tiresome rubbish that has no material effect on an actual football match

Losing Helander is a massive blow and no amount of window dressing or acting staunch is going to change that fact

It's a discussion board. If you don't agree well fair play.

I didn't agree. No staunchesnessnesness about agreeing or not.

If Katic was here he still wouldn't be starting.

Would be Balogun and Goldson.

We also have Bassey, Simpson and the yoofs.

A blow but hardly knicker wetting time.
Think your correct mate because he simply isn’t up to game speed .

I did notice he got 12 mins for Hadjuk Split at the weekend , that type of appearance record won’t take him far enough come January . We and He need that accelerated hopefully that’s In Plan .

Not really mate no team carries 5/6 central defenders going into the season. Katic needs game time as well coming off that injury he probably still wouldn’t get it at us right now
I know what you are saying but there has always been questions about Helander's availability game on game and now he's properly crocked. Another CB injury will be bad news.

Back