Helander over Katic

This will prove costly playing Helander tonight.
Absolute Horror on a plastic pitch at Livingstone then decide to play him tonight
And Katic had an absolute horror show on Hamiltons pitch last season, it is one thing wanting certain players to play but to constantly beat down the others because Katic isn't playing is just insane.

I don't rate Goldson at all. His distribution is terrible and his 1v1 defending laughable. Gets beat too easily. Sample size is large at this point. He's just not very good imo. Katic is ok and has potential but can still look unconvincing. He's another one who struggled to deal with Landon Dykes..

Hellander can't get a game for Sweden who's back-line is beyond average. He did well vs Feyenoord but let's be honest he wasn't up against much. Toiled badly when up against a bit of physicality vs Livingston. Not writing him off as we simply haven't seen enough of him but my alarm bells are ringing.

Can't really comment on Edmundson as he's barely had a chance.
If you’re bored later feel free to come round and tell my kids Santa’s no real.

It's a totally different game and he was outstanding against Feyenoord. Let's see what happens before slating the decision.
I'm not slating the decision to play Helander, that's why we have a manager, but I am surprised after his last outing on a plastic park where he looked very unsure. Anyways good luck to the 11 selected. Do us proud.

Not sure I understand this change, especially after how poor Helander looked on a surface...apparently very similar to this one!
The only thing I can think of is that 'Young Boys' strike force are more like Feyenoord, and they like the ball at their feet?
In which case Helander may be the better option?
I thought even in the Feyenoord game he looked not fully fit.
Oh well.We will soon find out.

Oh well. Good luck Filip.
Go prove me wrong yet again..and I will be delighted!

I've no stopped throwing darts at my Gerrard poster on the wall since I heard the team news. I'll need to put my signed Katic top in the wash as well because I've had cold sweats non stop thinking about him no being on the pitch. Fumin.

If you're going to moan and moan about team selections at least use some logic.

He was shaky against Livingston in the league cup so he'll be a disaster in an away European game. Give me strength.

We haven't conceded a goal with Helander on the pitch and already people are calling to bring Katic back into the fold.

He's really going to be up against it to win some supporters over. Wonder what the reaction will be like on here if he actually does have a bad game.
Hope Hellanderhas a good game but why oh why is Katic not playing our best defender

Helander was absolute shocking on the Livingstone pitch BUT also showed signs in previous games including the St Johnstone. I guess we will wait and see but It’s the same as last season people still had the cheek to support Worrall up until he left

People aching for an error in order to bump this thread. Let's hope the thread has disappeared by the end of the game.

Helander was absolute shocking on the Livingstone pitch BUT also showed signs in previous games including the St Johnstone. I guess we will wait and see but It’s the same as last season people still had the cheek to support Worrall up until he left

By "support Worrall", you mean not believing Gerrard was just not playing Katic to annoy everyone and taking in to consideration the widely reported personal problems he had from September onwards?

Obviously Gerrard gets paid to make the decisions and I'm hoping it's the right one.

But obviously chopping and changing the defence will lead to questions, especially if someone has a horror show tonight and makes a mistake. That's the nature of football.

Its horses for courses folks. For anyone slagging Helander we havent conceded a single goal in either of his 3 starts. A couple of years ago we had zero options and if you were of any standard at all you were guranteed a start, things have changed and now we have good players on the bench/in the stands

Back