Helander will be dropped in next 2 games

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
Even though he’s our best defender and he has performed the best

it’s one of those things that SG will do which annoys so many fans. Goldson will never be dropped or rested yet others are.

Along with Tav , have these players got the winning mentality to play fir us as in the 3rd year now under SG and we face the same problems of being unable to defend a lead in a tough away game

doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the sign of madness

If any other central defender manes that mistake then they are dropped , Goldson won’t .... doesn’t matter how he or Tav plays , undroppable when others aren’t.... it must hurt the team and it has... results and trophy count shows this

Time after time when either has a bad game or 2 they never get dropped... but as I say... I bet Helander misses out soon but Goldson stays in

I want SG to succeed here but he can’t keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome

He wasnt at fault, it was a foul not to mention the offside. But I take your point, I think he is keen to see more of Balogun. I do not think he will be dropped in Europe however, possibly the next league game if any.

Time after time when either has a bad game or 2 they never get dropped... but as I say... I bet Helander misses out soon but Goldson stays in

I want SG to succeed here but he can’t keep doing the same things and expect a different outcome

it’s one of those things that SG will do which annoys so many fans. Goldson will never be dropped or rested yet others are.

Along with Tav , have these players got the winning mentality to play fir us as in the 3rd year now under SG and we face the same problems of being unable to defend a lead in a tough away game

If any other central defender manes that mistake then they are dropped , Goldson won’t .... doesn’t matter how he or Tav plays , undroppable when others aren’t.... it must hurt the team and it has... results and trophy count shows this
Can’t argue with any of this , fear is Gerrard won’t change as he thinks he knows better.

This forum is hard going this afternoon!

He was fine today but he’s not long back from injury so he may get rested.

When that happens, at least the OP can say “I told you so”

Reactions: TN8
A mangers successes or failures can be put down to his first choice players. It will be interesting to see how S.G career pans out.

Helander seemed to be given licence to step out of the back 4 today.

I thought between him and Borna it left big gaps on our left hand-side.

Perhaps Kamara should have been covering?

Goldson was obviously at fault for their equaliser today and he didn’t have his best game. I’d say the same applies to Barisic for the first goal and he too wasn't up to his normal standard today. Should we drop Borna as well? Fact is Goldson has been amongst our top performers this season.

Connor Goldson will play every game if he’s fit regardless of form.
Rightly so, his “form” has been exceptional and he won’t be getting dropped because of one mistake, I watched Van Dijk make a horror mistake last week against Leeds that led to a goal, it happens.

Part of a defence who broke a new domestic clean sheet record, makes first mistake in months and just like that his "supporters" get the claws out.

I long for the day we can sign robots who don't ever make mistakes because it'll spare us pish like these threads.

Part of a defence who broke a new domestic clean sheet record, makes first mistake in months and just like that his "supporters" get the claws out.

I long for the day we can sign robots who don't ever make mistakes because it'll spare us pish like these threads.

There’s a whole raft of posters just waiting to pounce on anything they can to criticise Tav, Goldson and, to a lesser extent, Kamara.

It would surprise me if he is dropped for the European game as I feel he is suited to a more cultured game,although I do think he has played well recently.I would like to see big George playing against some of the hammer throwers in our league.

Goldson was obviously at fault for their equaliser today and he didn’t have his best game. I’d say the same applies to Barisic for the first goal and he too wasn't up to his normal standard today. Should we drop Borna as well? Fact is Goldson has been amongst our top performers this season.
Godson had a 10 minute spell where he was all over the place, apart from that he wasn't up to his normal game, a bit like most of the team.

Helander seemed to be given licence to step out of the back 4 today.

I thought between him and Borna it left big gaps on our left hand-side.

Perhaps Kamara should have been covering?

Both goals came from high balls into the area between Helander and Barisic. Borna made a mess of both of them. The two of them were at sixes and sevens the whole game

Don’t think that’s the point here. Borna has been dropped before for subpar performances, Goldson hasn’t and never will be.

I have watched some really great centre backs play for Rangers.

DJ, Tom Forsyth, Terry Butcher, Richard Gough, Lorenzo Amoruso, Davie Weir and more.

All of them occasionally cost us stupid goals, but overall did far more good than bad.

Goldson isn't as good as them, but he has played over 50 games a season at centre half. Do folk expect him to never make a mistake? Like those others, he has done miles more good than bad.

We have 4 good centre backs, so there is a chance Goldson can be rested / rotated more this season. But that doesn't stop him being a hugely important player for us and a player who deserves to play more than not based on his overall Rangers career.

Gerrard is terrible with team management. Regularly drops the wrong players so wouldn't be surprised if Helander is dropped for the next game rather than Goldson. That said, Goldson has been good this season so far - not sure what the hell go into him today but he totally lost the plot for about 20 mins.

Gerrard is terrible with team management. Regularly drops the wrong players so wouldn't be surprised if Helander is dropped for the next game rather than Goldson. That said, Goldson has been good this season so far - not sure what the hell go into him today but he totally lost the plot for about 20 mins.

He won’t be dropping either of them. And nor should he.

This forum is hard going this afternoon!

He was fine today but he’s not long back from injury so he may get rested.

When that happens, at least the OP can say “I told you so”
People are slaughtering Gerrard for something they think he might do next week

eeehhh did you miss him getting ragdolled for the goal?

....remember Collum denying Roofe a penalty at Hamilton for “you pushed him first”? Tell me the challenge from Doige wasn’t more of a contact on Helander than that! Hardly ragdolled! Goldson caused that with a poor pass, no one else. He does his job well and Robertson doesn’t get the chance to miss the offside.

Clean sheet after clean sheet after clean sheet!!

One average game (one of goals was offside) and we want to break up the partnership!!

This is going to be a very long season!!!

Goldson is guilty of that in every game but this time it's resulted in us dropping points, hopefully it's now highlighted how often he does this.

Back