Helander

I still think he’s the most talented defender at the club and that left foot of his really helps us but I’ve pretty much given up on him at this point. Such a shame that he’s permanently injured.
He definitely is, easily. But honestly he’s spent so much time out he might not even be the same player when he returns, either that or it could take him an age to get back up to speed - most likely only to get injured again.

Think he was mentioned in commentary last night and I actually thought jesus I had totally forgotten he was even still our player

He definitely is, easily. But honestly he’s spent so much time out he might not even be the same player when he returns, either that or it could take him an age to get back up to speed - most likely only to get injured again.
Pretty sure he’s out of contract at the end of the season also. We shouldn’t be extending due to his injury problems and like you say will take an age to get him back up to speed and by the time he is up and running and hopefully avoiding injury he’s off for nothing. Don’t think we will see him again, honestly.

Could you not put the title as 'is Helander back?' or 'is Helander training?' or something to that effect?

The forum is full to the brim with clickbait threads like this. Annoying as %^*&.

This one irks me less than others, but shite thread titles you see people banned.

Ask a question, make a statement, whatever is the intent, but one word, it’s lazy.

I don't even count him as an option anymore.

Hes on the payroll but he'll never contribute for us.

Shame because he was a cracking defender.

Can see him being let go in January/next summer his injury issues are chronic such a shame as he is a very good defender (When Fit)

Like Roofe, can’t be relied upon.

Another player picking up big wages contributing feck all.

Sooner we can shake hands and part ways the better.

For me he falls into the same camp as Roofe. A very accomplished left sided CH when fit and would be in my CH pairing. Unfortunately, his long term injuries and lack of availability should now signal a parting of the ways.

Could you not put the title as 'is Helander back?' or 'is Helander training?' or something to that effect?

The forum is full to the brim with clickbait threads like this. Annoying as %^*&.
Worst still is during a match thread and you have guys naming the team as if they are in the know only to admit when questioned that it's just their opinion. You end up with dozens of posts asking if the team is confirmed. More attention seeking the Sturgeon

You should ask admin to reimburse the 15 seconds you've lost seeing it, opening it and realising the thread title was not as concise as you'd have liked.

If you want to start a petition mate, I'll sign it. You've been wronged.

Justice for Echo_1

Yeah. Sure it’s standard for most professional clubs.
The reason I asked. Wilson, I’m sure, works under budgetary restraints for the season, ie so many players off the books allows him to bring in fresh players, therefore the Balogun decision was a head scratcher for me as they must have known Helander wouldn’t make it, and Souttar is prone to injury, so why not give the big man a one year extension? Strange decision in my opinion.

The reason I asked. Wilson, I’m sure, works under budgetary restraints for the season, ie so many players off the books allows him to bring in fresh players, therefore the Balogun decision was a head scratcher for me as they must have known Helander wouldn’t make it, and Souttar is prone to injury, so why not give the big man a one year extension? Strange decision in my opinion.
He wanted 2 years, we offered him one.

The fact that he only has 1 year left on his deal & has barely played for us in about a year, was injured within the first week of pre season, and we have about 5 other players who can play centre half.

It's not exactly rocket science mate.

So you know the status of his injury, and when he'll be back playing?

He wanted 2 years, we offered him one.
If that’s the case then it was a strange decision from Balogun since he’s been watching from the stands, and maybe somebody should tell McCoist that, I think he’s under the same impression I was that he was offered SFA.

If that’s the case then it was a strange decision from Balogun since he’s been watching from the stands, and maybe somebody should tell McCoist that, I think he’s under the same impression I was that he was offered SFA.
There was a thread about it last week, apparently he was offered a year but wanted two years. This is from alleged ITK's right enough.

So you know the status of his injury, and when he'll be back playing?

If he's not named in the euro squad for whatever group stages we go into (and I don't think he will be), then the poster is correct, he'll probably never play for us again and will wind down his contract.

There's not been a peep about him at all, which suggests he's nowhere near fit, and given how little football he's played in the past year, it's hard to see him coming back.

By far the best defender at the club. Unfortunately he can't be relied upon.

You should ask admin to reimburse the 15 seconds you've lost seeing it, opening it and realising the thread title was not as concise as you'd have liked.

If you want to start a petition mate, I'll sign it. You've been wronged.

Justice for Echo_1

You're hilarious, wish I was as funny as you.

Today we've had 'Helander', 'Kemar Roofe' & 'Katic' so you can make that 45 seconds.

Each thread asking the same shite questions that get asked daily. Nobody here has the answer to the shite questions because we're not employed by Rangers.

Not only that but it buries threads that aren't shite and makes it harder to catch up on stuff.

If he's not named in the euro squad for whatever group stages we go into (and I don't think he will be), then the poster is correct, he'll probably never play for us again and will wind down his contract.

There's not been a peep about him at all, which suggests he's nowhere near fit, and given how little football he's played in the past year, it's hard to see him coming back.

So you don't know the status of his injury either?

Hopefully he'll be back soon, would be good to get an update from someone that knows, other than pure speculation.

Nope, I don't.

But people are allowed to give opinions, no need to get so dicey.

Just get the same bs on every thread, people telling us players are done, we'll never see them again, with zero knowledge.
what's the point speculating like that if they've no idea?

We've some real talent out injured right now, Souttar, Helander, Hagi, Roofe, Alfie & Jack on their way back to match fitness.

Would be good to actually know when we might see them again, rather than people just guessing and the doom and gloom merchants predicting never!

I wouldn't be surprised if he has been told it would be best to look for another club.

I'd be surprised if he played for us again tbh.
Bollox
If a player of his quality comes back to fitness he is certainly playing games for Rangers. Unless the insinuation is that he doesn’t make it back to full fitness?

I hope he doesnt get fit near the end of the season, have a run of games then is offered a contract extension.

Helander will leave us next season when his contract is up or leave in January to malmo for a minimal fee I would love it if he got up to speed and Injury free rate him highly but he’s far 2 injury prone and his replacement already signed no way were spendin a fee of 4 million on Davies if he’s not for the starting 11

Last edited:
Back