Helicopter Sunday - Glad to hear it still hurts like hell

jaws73

Official Ticketer

Scott McDonald slammed for Celtic Helicopter Sunday celebrations as Motherwell joy branded 'absolute disgrace' by former Parkhead man​

The Aussie went on to play for the Hoops but Alan Thompson is still raging about the Fir Park upset.

“All we had to do was win the game that day and we’d be crowned champions again.

“Chris Sutton scored, we were in a great position and we missed some great chances to put that game to bed.

“The league was coming back to Celtic Park until the 88th minute when self-confessed Celtic fanatic Scott McDonald scored, then bagged another in the 90th minute to hand Rangers the title.

"It was utter devastation. I’ve had lows in football but this was something from out of this world. I’d never seen or felt anything like it.

“I can understand ex-Rangers man Terry Butcher going nuts as the Motherwell boss, but McDonald celebrated like he’d just won the league.

“Back at Easter Road, Marvin Andrews said God was behind us losing the league in the last two minutes of the season.

“He went crazy with joy when thousands of Celtic supporters were on the floor in tears. :)

"The way Motherwell celebrated was an absolute disgrace. There was no respect. It was like they won that title.

“I don’t know what God was playing at if that was true. It was a stake through the heart to all of us on that pitch at Fir Park.

"I’m still broken-hearted about it, and it brings a bad feeling to my stomach. :) :)

“Now, 16 years on, I still can’t describe the feeling. If we thought losing in Seville and losing the league on the last day in 2003 were bad, this was tenfold." :) :) :)

I was going through my journalism training at the time alongside our very own Chris Jack and we had a lassie called Denise in the year at the time who was seeing Scott McDonald.

The ‘diehard Celtic fan’ claim came out a few days after that goal, but that’s certainly not the story that we were told from her at that point.

I was going through my journalism training at the time alongside our very own Chris Jack and we had a lassie called Denise in the year at the time who was seeing Scott McDonald.

The ‘diehard Celtic fan’ claim came out a few days after that goal, but that’s certainly not the story that we were told from her at that point.
And...............

The thing to bear in mind with Thompson is he had no affiliation with the filth whatsoever before he came here. The likes of him, sutton, and hartson use language like "the Motherwell players were a disgrace" all the time when referring to any club who has the audacity to deny c****c anything.
Proof positive (if any were needed) that the yahoo's get into their heads from day one with the old conspiracy shite. They really are the most detestable club in world football.

A day I`ll never forget as long as I live.
Sat directly in front of the press, whose faces were a picture of misery when news came through.
My GIRFUY was a joy to deliver :))

Great to know the tramp Thompson is still agonising, now getting on for 20 years after the event.

I don't think I've ever seen people give their opinion of Scott McDonald on here..or I missed it.

Yeah he played for them, and our estimation goes down. But won't ever forget what he done that day. And I think he was on Sportscene one time I watched and came across pretty well. (Although it's hard not to when you look at the presenters/ pundits).

Celtc player complaining that a professional football play was being professional.

In Thompson's defence the alcoholic haze from that day has possibly just cleared.

"The way Motherwell celebrated was an absolute disgrace. There was no respect. It was like they won that title.

Or simply a game of football? The entitlement Sutton and Thompson have over how they should have been handed a league title, only serves to who why they DIDN'T win those two league titles and why both chucked it in completely when playing against us a few times.

Mo Jo
Helicopter Sunday

Nothing their team can or will EVER do will ever come close to inflicting the pain on us that the above events inflicted on them. And they know it. Brings a warm feeling inside every time you think about it.

Along with naked religious bigotry, this is one of the main reasons they want us to be (and continue to peddle the myth that we are) "dead" and a "new club". They cannot match us on the pitch.

All we had to do was win
Goat molester scored, in a great position.
Scott McDonlad scored like a professional should.
Then had the audacity to do it again.
Motherwell celebrated winning a game they never should. There was no respect (like the way we respected them by just turning up and expecting to win without any resistance)
Marvin thanked God, but it was Gods fault we lost.

Infamy, Infamy.......

Hope it hurts each and every one of you until your final breath

Scott McDonald slammed for Celtic Helicopter Sunday celebrations as Motherwell joy branded 'absolute disgrace' by former Parkhead man​

The Aussie went on to play for the Hoops but Alan Thompson is still raging about the Fir Park upset.

“All we had to do was win the game that day and we’d be crowned champions again.

“Chris Sutton scored, we were in a great position and we missed some great chances to put that game to bed.

“The league was coming back to Celtic Park until the 88th minute when self-confessed Celtic fanatic Scott McDonald scored, then bagged another in the 90th minute to hand Rangers the title.

"It was utter devastation. I’ve had lows in football but this was something from out of this world. I’d never seen or felt anything like it.

“I can understand ex-Rangers man Terry Butcher going nuts as the Motherwell boss, but McDonald celebrated like he’d just won the league.

“Back at Easter Road, Marvin Andrews said God was behind us losing the league in the last two minutes of the season.

“He went crazy with joy when thousands of Celtic supporters were on the floor in tears. :)

“I don’t know what God was playing at if that was true. It was a stake through the heart to all of us on that pitch at Fir Park.

"I’m still broken-hearted about it, and it brings a bad feeling to my stomach. :) :)

“Now, 16 years on, I still can’t describe the feeling. If we thought losing in Seville and losing the league on the last day in 2003 were bad, this was tenfold." :) :) :)
That boyband member must have really f*#ked his brain up :)

In Thurso the Rabids hired the local nightclub - buffet and DJ till the wee sma hours

They were ultra confident

Full time as they are streaming out the place one of our lads phoned the owner and offered to buy the buffet for the pub we were in :)
They were out celebrating in the streets in Coatbridge.

Partying for a trophy they didn't win. Fast forward to 2021 and the stupid bastards still haven't taken their lesson.

I remember being in the pub that day with my dad and directly across the road was a Celtic pub with police down the middle of the road seperating the 2 pubs.

You could see through the window all of their fans going crazy when they scored but then Sky cut to their game only for us to see Motherwell score and the place went absolutley mental! 2 minutes later someone in the pub shouts "it's 2-1 to Motherwell and the place just erupted!

That is a day I will never forget for as long as I live.

Unbelievable feeling. Remember tuning into that game just on the off chance something might happen, but fully expected them to clinch the title. However, for us to win it would have been incredible in itself, but to win it in the manner we did was just euphoric and I doubt I’ll ever witness anything like it again.

He’s from a mixed family.

Believe his Dad is a Celtic fan and his Mum’s family are us.

Delighted to hear he is still hurting. If they had done their job they would have won the league. They didn’t because they weren’t good enough
That was a great day.

Back