Helicopter Sunday - Glad to hear it still hurts like hell

Mo Jo
Helicopter Sunday

Nothing their team can or will EVER do will ever come close to inflicting the pain on us that the above events inflicted on them. And they know it. Brings a warm feeling inside every time you think about it.

Along with naked religious bigotry, this is one of the main reasons they want us to be (and continue to peddle the myth that we are) "dead" and a "new club". They cannot match us on the pitch.
This all the time.
Those fantastic last minute title wins in 2003 & 2005 were a disaster for them .
Fast forward to 2021 and not getting 9.75 in a row just about finished them.
Happy Days.

Wonder if his team mates still hold it against him for missing a penalty at Killie that could have won them the league,His fault nobody else’s.

Oh dear, a professional footballer scores two late goals to win a game, he celebrates his goals and is roundly condemned by the arch-bigots from the arch diocese. Who'd a thunk it?

But why were they so upset (along with Marshall at Rugby Park)? Where was the famous 'sporting integrity'?

It is because they are brainwashed (even the latecomers like Dipso Thompson and Goatshagger Sutton) that everyone with a celtc connection, (no matter how tenuous) must support 'the cause' at all times, up to and including lying down and cheating every opportunity they get. They slavishly follow the Jesuit mantra ' The end justifies the means' This applies to CFC as much as it applies to every single aspect of Catholicism and Irish Republicanism. Nothing is barred in pursuit of their aims.
Unfortunately Scottish football is riddled with players, administrators and match officials who follow that edict to the letter.
Yet they still complain (and it works - Josef Goebbels can only shake his head in admiration)

In Thurso the Rabids hired the local nightclub - buffet and DJ till the wee sma hours

They were ultra confident

Full time as they are streaming out the place one of our lads phoned the owner and offered to buy the buffet for the pub we were in :)
Brian Cardosi pouring the champagne down the storm drains outside, what a terrible waste B-D

Poetic justice that big Gordon Marshall had the game of his life that day at Fir park after the stick he took from bhegger players that fine day down killie way :)

It was him who blazed the ball miles over the bar when they got the dodgy penalty kick at Kilmarnock two years earlier. That day they were asking the Killie goalkeeper to do them favours during the game. They have no shame.

My one regret of that day, I had the chance of a ticket and didn’t go. I was at a work colleagues birthday party night before and my Boss at the time, her partner was a hibs season ticket holder, sitting blethering to him, he says he has a spare ticket. I didn’t take it, because it was in the hibs end and I didn’t think it would happen. I can mind him saying “well, you never know….”

Has he got a book coming out ?
monkey_biz_chimp_wide.jpg

"...so I said to lenny.....sevco.....masonic refs...huns...dunfermilne...huns...no fair...conspiracy..."

Will never forget that day as long as I live.

Went for lunch with the missus and decided to miss all the game stuff. Saw they were 1-0 up and any idea of checking my phone for scores was fading fast (old school Sony phone and wasn’t easy to get scores). Driving back to flat I put radio on and hear we have scored and they are still 1-0 up. Small fist pump but still not feeling we had a chance.

Missus goes back to Glasgow and I go into new flat and meet new flat mate who is chatting away about how her dad is a huge celtic fan and is celebrating today. Then my phone starts ringing and looking at the clock I can see it would nearly be full time. Expecting to see a tim fan phoning to take the piss I take phone out my pocket but it’s a mate who supports us and instantly I’m like there is only ONE reason he is calling me now. Pick the phone up and he’s shouting before ive answered it ‘motherwell have scored!!!!’

I am shouting back this better not be a fucking wind up. And then asking how much time is left. He then instantly shouts aww ffs they always score late - let me find a radio. As he’s rummaging about I put teletext up and the screen goes that funny way it used to as they were updating another goal (I literally kill the atmosphere stone dead with ‘someone has scored again in that game - it’s updating’). The time the page took to go back to 2/2 from 1/2 seemed an eternity. But it goes back and the sheer delirium that ensues as we are both on teletext and see it’s 2-1 motherwell and FT at Easter road. Mental stuff. All this in front of my new flat mate who is utterly bemused by my behaviour of running about and shouting random stuff down a phone!!

Twenty minutes later we were in Easter Road home end watching the trophy being lifted and then walking up Eater Road alongside Big Marv hanging out a car! Then everything gets hazy until the next day I was sent home from work for being half cut at 10am still. Ohps.

Scott McDonald slammed for Celtic Helicopter Sunday celebrations as Motherwell joy branded 'absolute disgrace' by former Parkhead man​

The Aussie went on to play for the Hoops but Alan Thompson is still raging about the Fir Park upset.

“All we had to do was win the game that day and we’d be crowned champions again.

“Chris Sutton scored, we were in a great position and we missed some great chances to put that game to bed.

“The league was coming back to Celtic Park until the 88th minute when self-confessed Celtic fanatic Scott McDonald scored, then bagged another in the 90th minute to hand Rangers the title.

"It was utter devastation. I’ve had lows in football but this was something from out of this world. I’d never seen or felt anything like it.

“I can understand ex-Rangers man Terry Butcher going nuts as the Motherwell boss, but McDonald celebrated like he’d just won the league.

“Back at Easter Road, Marvin Andrews said God was behind us losing the league in the last two minutes of the season.

“He went crazy with joy when thousands of Celtic supporters were on the floor in tears. :)

"The way Motherwell celebrated was an absolute disgrace. There was no respect. It was like they won that title.

“I don’t know what God was playing at if that was true. It was a stake through the heart to all of us on that pitch at Fir Park.

"I’m still broken-hearted about it, and it brings a bad feeling to my stomach. :) :)

“Now, 16 years on, I still can’t describe the feeling. If we thought losing in Seville and losing the league on the last day in 2003 were bad, this was tenfold." :) :) :)
The way "Motherwell behaved was a disgrace "hypocrisy at its best! What about mutton "Dunfermline lay down to them,"and their own and his criticism of their ex goalie v Kilmarnock, was it Marshall wanting him to lie down to them,I was right in line when Thompson got sent off at Ibrox,with the supposed head butt v lovenkrands, he didn't make contact which I thought was cheating by lovenkrands, but see now,yah drunker dobber I'm glad,your irrelevant go away and gies. peace

Hahahahahahahaha. Fuckin hell man this clown is an absolute joke. Why would you say all that, even though it's true? Also why is he being wheeled out every other day, is he on a sobriety tour or something?

Every time I bring up Helicopter Sunday in work the tarrier manager in the office won't say anything else other than "Nope... too soon... too soon..."

Favourite pastime is ripping open those old wounds to see him absolutely ragin. B-D

Mo Jo
Helicopter Sunday

Nothing their team can or will EVER do will ever come close to inflicting the pain on us that the above events inflicted on them. And they know it. Brings a warm feeling inside every time you think about it.

Along with naked religious bigotry, this is one of the main reasons they want us to be (and continue to peddle the myth that we are) "dead" and a "new club". They cannot match us on the pitch.
Don’t forget the last game of the season when we were 3-0 v Kilmarnock at Rugby Park before they’d even kicked off at Sharkheid.

I think it get's a bit overlooked that there wasn't even any need for him to score twice. The second was just the absolute biggest kick in the balls, salt in the wounds goal ever produced.

I hope it hurts him until the day he pops his clogs.

It's probably the only factual story of the week to come out of his "book serialisation" that he is still hurting.

Makes me so happy B-D

Son phoned me at 5 to 3 to say he was sitting in among the HIV fans - thats when I knew I had taught him well what it means to be a Rangers fan. :))

I started a shift in the old Motherwell Asda about 20 minutes after that game finished and I’ve never enjoyed a day in work more than that.

Outside on the trolleys, just laughing at all the greeting papes trudging through Brandon Parade back to the train station.

Beautiful.

I've only ever cried twice in my life.

When my daughter was born and helicopter Sunday.

Even now the hairs on my neck stand up.

Unbelievable.

Went home sober after driving back from Easter Road

The missus asked why I was home so early to be told that outside the birth of our three kids this was the greatest I have ever felt and drink wasn't going to change that

Went home sober after driving back from Easter Road

The missus asked why I was home so early to be told that outside the birth of our three kids this was the greatest I have ever felt and drink wasn't going to change that
Aye nothing will ever beat that.

I’d imagine between that and Nacho’s penalty v Fiorentina - I wasn’t in Florence - will never be topped.

For me personally, that second goal from McDonald is probably the best moment of my life. It was undistllled joy, while my daughter being born was more a case of responsibility gradually dawning on me :D

I don't think I've ever seen people give their opinion of Scott McDonald on here..or I missed it.

Yeah he played for them, and our estimation goes down. But won't ever forget what he done that day. And I think he was on Sportscene one time I watched and came across pretty well. (Although it's hard not to when you look at the presenters/ pundits).
Did we not try to buy him before the yahoos and he was upset about not be allowed to go? They then put in a bigger bid to nearer or what well wanted.

The dagger that this was to Celtic, in my opinion, set off a chain of completely related events. At some stage I hope the true extent of what went on and who was behind it, will be outed in the media.

2005 Helicopter Sunday
2006 Dr John Reid appointed Government Home Secretary
2007 Dr John Reid appointed Celtic Chairman.
2009 Neil Doncaster (Peter Lawwell) appointed SPL chief.
2010 HMRC declare Rangers tax liabilities
2010 Stewart Regan (Peter Lawwell) appointed SFA chief

Even Scott McDonald hates that goal.

Shows what that mad cult does to peoples heads.
I'm not sure he hates it, just scunnered its always posted on his birthday wishes every year.
Medals at that lot yet remembered mostly for these goals must piss him off.
Tbf he looked delighted at the time.

Back