Help for wee Toni update

How can this work be “non essential” when it’s causing a small child to go back to hospital?
Is there any way we can get the media involved, raised with MSPs etc and shame the council?

How can this work be “non essential” when it’s causing a small child to go back to hospital?
Is there any way we can get the media involved, raised with MSPs etc and shame the council?
I think he has already tried but with no luck so far.

The council worker/s who took the decision to refuse the necessary assistance should be made to take Toni to and from the hospital appointments for the next two years. Absolutely speechless at that. Small donation made, just wish it could be more. My heart breaks for the poor child.

The council worker/s who took the decision to refuse the necessary assistance should be made to take Toni to and from the hospital appointments for the next two years. Absolutely speechless at that. Small donation made, just wish it could be more. My heart breaks for the poor child.
The amount of money they piss up a wall and yet they make excuses so they don't have to pay for this is simply disgusting.

Hi geo
Just a thought that could help toni ,there's a chance you could approach the George and Annette Bell charity fund ,they are a charity fund set up in airdrie by a local company Bell decorators to help the community, I'm sure they could help in this case .

What an amazing support we have.
Mate will make a donation after pay day however is this down to the council or Airdrie HA? If AHA then they can get seperate funding for stage 3 adaptations from Scot Gov which would provide money for repairs to batbroom. The OT should be getting a Priority 1 referral in for this. Whilst covid may have held this up there are now now restrictions and stage 3 works have recommenced. Best of luck buddy

Hi geo
Just a thought that could help toni ,there's a chance you could approach the George and Annette Bell charity fund ,they are a charity fund set up in airdrie by a local company Bell decorators to help the community, I'm sure they could help in this case .
Will pass it on to Robert, thanks mate.

Mate will make a donation after pay day however is this down to the council or Airdrie HA? If AHA then they can get seperate funding for stage 3 adaptations from Scot Gov which would provide money for repairs to batbroom. The OT should be getting a Priority 1 referral in for this. Whilst covid may have held this up there are now now restrictions and stage 3 works have recommenced. Best of luck buddy

It's the council mate, thanks

Robert asked me to thank you all and to let you know how much he appreciates everything you have done to help, thanks guys.

Last edited:
A wee update from Rab on how Toni has been doing

Toni is currently doing great atm. She hasn't been in hospital since early July time bar scheduled appointments. Currently she goes into the Queen Elizabeth every 4th Tuesday for her intravenous chemo via her line in her chest and every 12th week for her intrathical lumber puncture and chemo,the rest of her chemo and treatment she receives at home in a daily basis. In all honesty its quite hard work coming home from work then having to make meals to tie in with medicine time etc and it we will get their. I'm certain she now only has 97 weeks of her chemo to go before she can get the final all clear.

Worth also noting that every single one of her lumber puncture results since May have all came back clear from the big C as well so at least we know the treatment is fully working and with a bit of luck the good run she has had since the summer continues for the next 2 years almost

She started back at school in August and despite regularly not managing to complete a full week she enjoys being back. Tonis weight has went from a dangerous 21.3 kgs in early July to 32kgs on the 29th of December and has managed to grow almost 3 inches in height during that short spell as well.

If you guys can remember she was literally wheelchair bound 6 months was struggling to move about unaided however she has now got quite a lot of her mobility back meaning she only really needs her wheelchair for longer distances, has managed to work out the stairs and is able to freely go up and down the stairs in our house which, for me is a massive bonus. She has also started using her scooter to get about. Hopefully over the next 6-8 weeks we can hand the wheelchair back to the hospital

Christmas this year was amazing for the whole family as we were at home and not rushing about between the hospital and the house and the rest of the younger weans never felt left out.

If anyone wants to know anymore feel free to ask, added a couple of photos so you can see tonis hair when ut first started to come thru in July compared to the photo taken a couple of weeks before xmas

Should have pointed out she's also had covid 3 times in the last 10 months or so.

Edit, tried to get the photos up but don't know how to do it on this site.
Thanks again to everyone that helped out.

Last edited:
Hi GeoGers,

Sadly I never saw this story at the time on here, but having read through the thread, did they get any further with the bathroom and possibly even a driveway?

Hi GeoGers,

Sadly I never saw this story at the time on here, but having read through the thread, did they get any further with the bathroom and possibly even a driveway?
Aye, got the bathroom sorted, not sure about the driveway though, just brilliant to see that things are starting to look up again for the whole family.

Back