Henning Wehn, German Comedian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wehn has a thing about Rangers. Most of the time his comedy can be pretty funny but he has made several comments specifically about Rangers and Rangers fans. It's a very strange one. If I remember correctly he originally moved to the UK to take up some kind of media or marketing role with a football club and then went on to do comedy. There's an episode in a recent series of The Unbelievable Truth where he made some very dodgy remarks about the club and the fans.

I used to quite like him.

But he's got a bit of previous for digs at us (quite a funny routine about Chicken Suppers being what's wrong with Scottish football).

But I think he probably was schooled in Scottish football by the media luvvies and predominantly left-wing comedians that he met in Edinburgh.

Best ignored. He really isn't that important.

Wehn has a thing about Rangers. Most of the time his comedy can be pretty funny but he has made several comments specifically about Rangers and Rangers fans. It's a very strange one. If I remember correctly he originally moved to the UK to take up some kind of media or marketing role with a football club and then went on to do comedy. There's an episode in a recent series of The Unbelievable Truth where he made some very dodgy remarks about the club and the fans.
I've followed his career a bit too, and indeed I've often thought him really funny. But you're absolutely right, its not the first time he's had a slap at us. Usually this is the result of incomers falling in with the wrong crowd on first arrival.

So in summary, fück him.

I quite like him.

But he's got a bit of previous for digs at us (quite a funny routine about Chicken Suppers being what's wrong with Scottish football.

But I think he probably was schooled in Scottish football by the media luvvies and predominantly left-wing comedians that he met in Edinburgh.

Except when he's making comments on nationally broadcast shows.

It's a really strange one as he's from Westphalia originally. It's not as if he's from the scumbag side of Hamburg. I know that there's a pretty mixed bag religiously in Germany and that areas tend to be predominantly Catholic or predominantly Protestant, but Wehn should really have no baggage when it comes to Rangers other than what he's learned since coming to the UK. That alone should be challenged because it comes down to the unfair and unjustified perception of the club.

I might be wrong but was 'Ernie McGarr' not a goalkeeper at Aberdeen amongst others?

I'm wondering if this connection reflects this 'Jerry Helmet's' jaundiced view of us.

I used to quite like him.

But he's got a bit of previous for digs at us (quite a funny routine about Chicken Suppers being what's wrong with Scottish football).

Yep.

Has all the hallmarks of being brainwashed by the luvvie, lefty types in Scoatland who would look down their noses at all things Rangers.

Except when he's making comments on nationally broadcast shows.

It's a really strange one as he's from Westphalia originally. It's not as if he's from the scumbag side of Hamburg. I know that there's a pretty mixed bag religiously in Germany and that areas tend to be predominantly Catholic or predominantly Protestant, but Wehn should really have no baggage when it comes to Rangers other than what he's learned since coming to the UK. That alone should be challenged because it comes down to the unfair and unjustified perception of the club.

Does he make comments on nationally broadcast shows?

I've seen him live a couple of times (first time supporting Stewart Lee) and I always thought he was a bit niche.

I own most of his live shows and I've only seen a couple of youtube clips where he has a pop at us.

He doesn't come across well on these panel shows, which is why I think he's a bit irrelevant. Nobody is really listening to him.

It would appear (according to some comedians and the guys at Triggernometry (who are failed comedians), that you need to have the correct opinions if you want to get booked these days.

Does he make comments on nationally broadcast shows?

I've seen him live a couple of times (first time supporting Stewart Lee) and I always thought he was a bit niche.

I own most of his live shows and I've only seen a couple of youtube clips where he has a pop at us.

He doesn't come across well on these panel shows, which is why I think he's a bit irrelevant. Nobody is really listening to him.

It would appear (according to some comedians and the guys at Triggernometry (who are failed comedians), that you need to have the correct opinions if you want to get booked these days.

He does.

I've got series 1 to 22 of The Unbelievable Truth downloaded as I enjoy my radio comedy. Was in an episode broadcast last year, so at least series 23. Made some very unacceptable comments about Rangers and Rangers fans.

Thats a nationally broadcast show.

A so called Rangers fan saying "we have dished it out, so now we have to suck it up"

Unbelievable that people don't condemn this disgusting behaviour regardless of the past or what colour of top someone was wearing.

Absolutely devastated for Kamara tonight and feel genuinely deflated and sad for him.

Well done Rangers for not accepting this and it will not be forgotten.

A so called Rangers fan saying "we have dished it out, so now we have to suck it up"

Unbelievable that people don't condemn this disgusting behaviour regardless of the past or what colour of top someone was wearing.

Absolutely devastated for Kamara tonight and feel genuinely deflated and sad for him.

Well done Rangers for not accepting this and it will not be forgotten.
Dished what out. Bullshit. Rangers fan my arse

I'm not involved in that cesspit, but be careful bears. K.unt will be trolling looking for a reaction and then playing the victim card for the headlines.

If I give anyone advice it is to get off of Twitter. An absolute stain on society.
Tbf, white male German condoning racism online in 2021 will be doing well to be the victim here

My work actually got him in on an event once - he was quite funny that night. However, tonight he has simply registered himself as an out and out prick.

He does.

I've got series 1 to 22 of The Unbelievable Truth downloaded as I enjoy my radio comedy. Was in an episode broadcast last year, so at least series 23. Made some very unacceptable comments about Rangers and Rangers fans.

Thats a nationally broadcast show.

Thanks.

That's very disappointing.

We are soft target with very few friends in any positions of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back