Herbie Kane of Liverpool

BrownBrogues

Don’t shoot the messenger because if source of the story, only sharing what I came across

Date: 16th July 2019 at 4:14pm
Written by: Football Insider

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Rangers have made an approach to sign Liverpool rising star Herbie Kane on loan, Football Insider understands.

The central midfielder, 20, is set to go out on loan again this summer after enjoying a very successful spell at Doncaster Rovers last season.

Ibrox sources have told Football Insider that the club have registered their interest in Kane as Steven Gerrard once again hopes to take advantage of his Anfield connections.

Gerrard is a big admirer of Kane having worked with the former Bristol City youngster during his time as Liverpool Under-18s manager.

The Rangers boss is hoping to persuade the player to make the move to Scotland for next season, but they face competition for the player’s signature for 2019-20 from multiple other clubs.

Liverpool are set to weigh up the options for Kane before deciding where will be the best place for him to go on loan to continue his development.

He is not travelling with the first-team squad for their pre-season tour of America.

Kane made 49 appearances for Doncaster and helped them reach the League One play-off semi-finals with a number of eye-catching displays.

The goalscoring central midfielder scored seven times as well as supplied an impressive 10 assists.

Said on a previous thread if we can get rid of Holt and Dorrans I'm all for it
Aribo Kamara Docherty Jack Davis and Kane would be great centre mid options

another story, few days old

Liverpool midfielder Herbie Kane is expected to complete a loan move to the Championship this week. Hull City, Brentford, Charlton Athletic, Millwall and Luton Town are among the interested parties to take the 20-year old. [@neiljonesgoal] https://t.co/wapthRHkBD

Wouldn’t be surprised considering he’s actually mentioned in Gerrard’s Autobiography. Would depend on if we can get rid of a few players in that position.

“Goalscoring midfielder” “scored 7 goals in 49 apps”

o_O To be fair I’ve read Kane is a pretty good player, never seen him though.

Pete O’Rouke has a fairly decent record with our news too I’m sure.

Don't see Docherty playing much football with us tbh. Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out again.

Don't see Docherty playing much football with us tbh. Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out again.
Not for me he has apparently impressed Gerrard in his loan spell and pre season and has a part to play this season

We seem pretty strong with the first 5 here plus Arfield.
Surely Liverpool always insist on financial penalties if their player doesn't play often enough so Kane would block one of our players getting game time.

Not convinced this story is true, and not convinced would be a good thing anyway.

In Gerrard's book from around 2015 he picks out 2 Liverpool youths for high praise.

One is Trent Alexander-Arnold and the other is this Herbie Kane.

So he definitely rates the boy.

Midfield is not always going to be a 3 and it’s time to get out that mindset peeps, Gerrard has said now he has Left CB he can go a 3 at time which opens it up to a 4 or 5 in the Midfield

Midfield is not always going to be a 3 and it’s time to get out that mindset peeps, Gerrard has said now he has Left CB he can go a 3 at time which opens it up to a 4 or 5 in the Midfield

It would still be 3 in centre midfield though.

3-5-2 involves wing backs, I can't see any of the guys mentioned doing that job, more likely to be Tav, Polster, Barisic, Jones, etc.

Can't see him going on loan again. We're not massive on numbers in midfield (compared to other positions) and he offers us something different to the likes of Jack and Kamara. Won't be starter, straight away anyway, but he'll see plenty game time.

On the Zagreb player threads, i’ve been thinking on our midfield options and we’re not actually that well stacked there. We have 7-9 wingers for 2 positions depending on who you count but only have 4-5 central midfielders for 3 positions.

Taking Halliday as being seen as a left back rather than central mid and counting Arfield more as competing for a role in the front 3, we only have Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo and Docherty competing for the midfield 3. And i’m not sure Doc is really seen as a starter.

Getting in another body would actually make sense.

On the Zagreb player threads, i’ve been thinking on our midfield options and we’re not actually that well stacked there. We have 7-9 wingers for 2 positions depending on who you count but only have 4-5 central midfielders for 3 positions.

Taking Halliday as being seen as a left back rather than central mid and counting Arfield more as competing for a role in the front 3, we only have Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo and Docherty competing for the midfield 3. And i’m not sure Doc is really seen as a starter.

We could do with finding a younger version of Davis imo due to his age and we don't have anyone that can play that deep playmaker role other than him need someone who is comfortable switching the play regularly and playing long balls with accuracy on a consistent basis

I tend to agree - we are top-heavy in midfield and choices will have to made by Gerrard. Someone or other is going to have to miss out and unfortunately, I think it will probably be Doc.

We're not signing that Zagreb midfielder. Hell cost £10-15 million. We should try and sign another decent attacking midfielder. From the Croatian league.

That's a fair analysis actually and adding a sixth would mean 2 players for every position across that middle 3. Potentially all good quality ones too if the boy Kane lives up to his reputation. So maybe something in it imo.

Big season ahead for Docherty, he's going to have go some to force his way into getting game time given the competition and quality he's competing with. Hope the lad does well when called upon.

If necessary we also have Arfield in midfield, I’m at the stage now where I only want additions to the team if it is improving the starting 11.

We have a big squad with multiple good options in each position

Naw happening, shite journalism as usual never even.seen the boy play but surely we have our own 20 year olds we can use

Don’t really want another midfielder in as I think we’re sorted in those positions unless we sign someone who is gonna be better than what we have . Docherty had a better season in league one than herbie and I’ve been impresses with him so far in the games he’s played this summer

Loans just block a pathway for our own players and we have no control/security when these loan players leave.

Really would avoid this. Just my opinion.
Agreed. And we already have Jack, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Docherty and Arfield. My fear is we would sign this guy and even if he was poor he’d be getting a lot of games, like Ejaria.

think its fair to say if Hardie and Lafferty leave our next signing will be a forward of some description ............

As far as I'm aware, he was on a list initially discussed between the clubs at the end of last season - but that's as far as it ever got. Nothing in it.

Back