Herbie Kane on Loan from Liverpool

If we’re going to add another midfielder I’d rather it was someone with more experience.

An injury to Aribo and we’re left with the same core as last season.

He and Culshaw embraced Docherty last night and all high fives from the coaches. They loved his performance last night,

that story on Kane will be them flying a kite.
I do hope the Herbie Kane story they are breaking is guesswork because Doc deserves his chance. He has performed really well since coming back and he is out player, our asset so it's only right we give the player the chance as opposed to a Liverpool loan but that is only my opinion.

Loan's don't really do it for me.

Gerrard highly rates this kid. He mentioned him in his book in 2015. Only players mentioned were him and Trent Alexander Arnold and look what he’s become. I just don’t see where he fits into our team. Would have made more sense if he was a CAM but seems we want another midfielder . Gerrard wants 6 so we have to for each position with Kane it would mean

Kane
Aribo
Kamara
Jack
Davis
Docherty

With Halliday covering left back and arfield further forward.

We really need a pinned thread detailing what are reliable sources for transfer rumours and what aren't. It's common in some of the big football forums for the likes of Liverpool and Man United.

We've had 5+ page threads on here recently based on rumours in the Daily Star, Football Insider and this 4th Official guy. All nonsense sources.

If we're going to get another loan from Liverpool, I'd prefer we got Kent back to be honest. Still not completely convinced by our other left sided options.

We always need good football players....

Always will - we are actually pretty restricted re central midfield options, we all saw that last year, we need more piano players, more front foot football players, guys with a special trick in them, a pass from nowhere.

It's another striker we need.

Definitely, if we are only going to sign one more player (excluding Kent) it has to be a goalscorer. To try and get through the season with only two recognised goalscorers could come back to bite -you never know when an injury could end a season.

Also just do not see the need for another midfielder, it is the one area where we are really well off.

Probably do need another central mid to be honest.

Right we have Davis, Jack, Kamara, Aribo and Doc for 3 positions. One injury and one suspension and we are in trouble. Arfield can play there but is better in the front 3 and might be first choice for left side if Kent doesn’t return. Halliday can do a shift but is not really what we need to play there regularly. Getting another body in does make sense. It would need to either be someone good enough to displace Kamara (possibly that Zagreb guy in the unlikely event of there being any truth in it) or someone who may well be more of a big part player. This loan would make sense there. He’d still get plenty game time.

Is it not the case that we can only get two loans from one club?

Since we already have Ojo, signing Kane would rule out Kent.

Not sure whether to believe it or not but if true this could again point to Arfield being used in the forward roles more instead of in midfield so another midfielder might be useful.

Gerrard highly rates this kid. He mentioned him in his book in 2015. Only players mentioned were him and Trent Alexander Arnold and look what he’s become. I just don’t see where he fits into our team. Would have made more sense if he was a CAM but seems we want another midfielder . Gerrard wants 6 so we have to for each position with Kane it would mean

Kane
Aribo
Kamara
Jack
Davis
Docherty

With Halliday covering left back and arfield further forward.
What if this guy is better than the 6 you have mentioned? Would you still not want him?

Also, on top of Aribo, Davis, Docherty, Kamara, Arfield and Jack we have Polster and Halliday who can cover in the centre of the park.

Another CM is a luxury.

If this is true, I wonder if it's and either or sort of thing between Kane and Kent. With Arfield being able to play in the midfield or forward/wings does SG try and secure either one of them and then move Arfield accordingly?

I think I just saw him driving up the motorway to Glasgow.

51abl7nBe5L._SY445_.jpg

We always need good football players....

Always will - we are actually pretty restricted re central midfield options, we all saw that last year, we need more piano players, more front foot football players, guys with a special trick in them, a pass from nowhere.
Get billy Joel signed up from new York :)

What if this guy is better than the 6 you have mentioned? Would you still not want him?

He’s mentioned in the 6 players. Of course if he’s better I would take him. My only concern is Liverpool tend to attach fines to loan deals if they don’t play enough games. Also find it strange that Gerrard and Allan have said from day 1 they want a proper no10 yet 3 windows later we haven’t got one

Also, on top of Aribo, Davis, Docherty, Kamara, Arfield and Jack we have Polster and Halliday who can cover in the centre of the park.

Another CM is a luxury.

If Arfield is starting up front, I don’t want to be heading into the last third of the season with Davis injured, Jack suspended and having to play Polster or Halliday in a crucial game when a hatchet man targets Doc.

Gerrard wants 2 players of decent ability for every position. We remain a little short of that in midfield.

If Arfield is starting up front, I don’t want to be heading into the last third of the season with Davis injured, Jack suspended and having to play Polster or Halliday in a crucial game when a hatchet man targets Doc.

Gerrard wants 2 players of decent ability for every position. We remain a little short of that in midfield.
You have to consider how likely such a circumstance is. And I'd be absolutely fine with playing Polster or Halliday tbh.

It would require an incredible injury crisis for them to be playing there for a prolonged period. They're perfectly acceptable for 1 - 2 games.

Agree on Halliday but big Polsters touch I’m not sure is good enough mate.

As you know, the further forward on a field a player plays the faster things happen, and therefore the better the touch required. Just don’t think Matt could do that especially when every single match is a must win.

I found this story last week. Boys a real talent and a goal threat from outside the box. Something we are still lacking. If he comes great if he doesn’t I won’t be heart broken.

Back