Herbie Kane on Loan from Liverpool

We don't have a lot of attacking midfielders. If he's good enough get him in. However we get linked with everyone at Liverpool Under 23s.

If we're going to get another loan from Liverpool, I'd prefer we got Kent back to be honest. Still not completely convinced by our other left sided options.

As we saw on Thursday night, Arfield will start more on the the left behind the striker this season, particuarly if Kent doesn't return, with Jones probably as back up.

Both Ojo and Stewart have impressed narrow on the right.

Ideal for slotting into our new 1-8-1 formation.

We only have 5 midfielders in our 1st team squad and Gerrard wants 6.

We've got 5 full backs for 2 positions.

4 central defenders for 2 positions.

5 attacking players for the 2 positions behind the striker.

2 strikers for 1 position.

It makes sense to get another midfielder in, if Gerrard wants at least 2 players for every position.

We only have 5 midfielders in our 1st team squad and Gerrard wants 6.

We've got 5 full backs for 2 positions.

4 central defenders for 2 positions.

5 attacking players for the 2 positions behind the striker.

2 strikers for 1 position.

It makes sense to get another midfielder in, if Gerrard wants at least 2 players for every position.

Can clearly see why Candeias wants away , squad will be rotated all season which won’t suit certain players

Can clearly see why Candeias wants away , squad will be rotated all season which won’t suit certain players

Especially with Arfield, Ojo, Stewart and Jones all preferred by Gerrard to him.

When your manager makes 3 signings to compete for your position, as well as one of our best players from last season, it's pretty clear that he feels he needs to improve on the contribution you've been giving him.

Underwhelmed by that video, Docherty looks streets ahead of him.

We'd 2 Shrewsbury fans sitting behind us in the Main Stand Thursday night.

Doc has almost legendary status down there according to them.

Both guy's in their 50s and said Docherty is probably the best midfielder they've ever seen at their club.

I thought there was a maturity about Doc's play on Thursday, that wasn't there before his loan and he played very well.

Not to mention an involvement in 3 of the goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Both guy's in their 50s and said Docherty is probably the best midfielder they've ever seen at their club.

I thought there was a maturity about Doc's play on Thursday that wasn't there before his loan and he played very well.

Thought the Manager etc. were very happy with his contribution on Thursday, it looked that way when he came off.

We really need a pinned thread detailing what are reliable sources for transfer rumours and what aren't. It's common in some of the big football forums for the likes of Liverpool and Man United.

We've had 5+ page threads on here recently based on rumours in the Daily Star, Football Insider and this 4th Official guy. All nonsense sources.
This is a very good idea. Have seen it used on a few other forums I post on and it works very well.

Thought the Manager etc. were very happy with his contribution on Thursday, it looked that way when he came off.

Certainly looked that way mate.

I'm delighted for him, as there must have been huge uncertainty around his future this time last season.

It's a credit the way he's worked to improve his deficiencies during his loan.

I thought there was a maturity about Doc's play on Thursday that wasn't there before his loan and he played very well.

I think he was trying too hard before his loan that and the utter dross he was playing with and getting unfairly tarred with the same brush. So glad to see him back and hope he kicks on.

I think he was trying too hard before his loan that and the utter dross he was playing with and getting unfairly tarred with the same brush. So glad to see him back and hope he kicks on.

He's definitely improved his passing and distribution though mate.

He was told in no uncertain terms last summer, that he had to, so to have any future at Ibrox.

He's gone and done that.

Fair play to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought there was a maturity about Doc's play on Thursday, that wasn't there before his loan and he played very well.

Agree wholeheartedly about the maturity. Simple when needed and trying to probe pass - like the Aribo goal

I like the way Docherty's first touch of the ball generally has him moving in a forward direction. It's as if he passes it to himself. A lot of the times he takes it past the opposition player with that first touch. I think he's going to be colossal for us.

I think I just saw him driving up the motorway to Glasgow.

51abl7nBe5L._SY445_.jpg

If he signs this will be photo shopped numerous times.

I watched Doc closely on Thursday and he looks more relaxed and confident and he likes to run forward and commit players, we need to see more against better opposition but i am confident he is now ready to play his part.

His attitude is spot on and everyone wants it to work for him

Back