Hermes looking into over 2,000 products being sabotaged

Craigie

My order is saying they can't deliver even though I live in a residential area in Glasgow. Never had this before. So there will be orders where the delivery driver doesn't even make an attempt and it goes back to Castore. Impossible to speak to someone at Hermes about it.
I tried to order something for my wife's (no pics) birthday in June.

Hermes tried 3 times to deliver apparently. Twice I told them it was no longer required - despite them never speaking to me or any of the other dozen or so in my work.

Third time they said I was on holiday. During lockdown.

Hopeless at best in my case, malicious on current evidence.

Hopefully the wrong 'uns in their workforce are weeded out thanks to the latest actions of their obsession.

Craigie

Was surprised when I saw the packaging on FB yesterday & thought about any scum drivers just happening to lose some items :mad:
Got a bit of banter from my Hermes driver about it but that was all.
Are Castore going to replace any missing or damaged tops?
If it's proven to be as a result of accidental/deliberate damage in the hands of Hermes then Castore will replace at the courier's expense.

Alergy

Should have been plain packaging.

I worked at Ibrox in the early 90s, and lot of people didn't receive tickets on time for a Champions League match. We were printing duplicates all day for angry people to collect.
A couple of us attended the match with lists of all the duplicates printed in case anyone turned up with a stolen original. No-one did.
The day after the match an undelivered sack of tickets was 'found' at a post office depot. The suspicion was that someone had seen the return address on the back of the envelopes and stuck it aside out of badness.
After that, we used envelopes with a PO Box address that didn't identify the club as the sender.
Things have got much worse since, and I'm not at all surprised to read this disgusting news.

BroomhouseBear

No it isn't.

Don't be so bloody dramatic because of a small number of morons interfering with the mail.
It’s 6 figures worth of damaged merchandise. It’s not covering your rivals club magazine in the paper shop or pushing a cake with their logo to the back of the shelf.

It’s a significant amount of deliberate, criminal damage, designed to reduce income for the club and a company it has a partnership with.

J Spaceman

You think this is an isolated incident?

Scotland is a Rat/Nat infested shithole.
So what do you propose? Apart from hysterical put downs?

And - assuming you live in Scotland - you're under no obligation to stay if it's that bad.

Finally, if you really think Scotland is a "shithole" then you obviously haven't seen much of the country.

All of which is, I appreciate, nothing to do with justified concerns over damaged parcels.

Last edited:

PalefaceRedskin

No it isn't.

Don't be so bloody dramatic because of a small number of morons interfering with the mail.
If it’s a small number of morons mate you have to concede they are unusually productive morons. One hell of a work ethic they have.

Maybe on reflection ‘Don’t be so bloody dramatic just because a large number of bigots decided to wilfully damage thousands of individual items of property on the basis the victims deserved it’ would have been more accurate phrasing.

J Spaceman

If it’s a small number of morons mate you have to concede they are unusually productive morons. One hell of a work ethic they have.

Maybe on reflection ‘Don’t be so bloody dramatic just because a large number of bigots decided to wilfully damage thousands of individual items of property on the basis the victims deserved it’ would have been more accurate phrasing.
A fair point, all things considered.

Kentbear

It will be simple for Hermes to trace, when you print a label to send a parcel, it even tells you which van will deliver it, so from Castore it will go to a sorting hub then on to a van, i don't think it will be the drivers so the "sorters" at the hub may require looking at.

nemessis

I worked for Hermes, in several roles, for nearly a decade and this was almost exclusively done by depot staff - most of whom are agency workers.

They will be easily identified given the value of goods that have been damaged.

That said, the cuunts that did it will be on short, if not zero hours, contracts so losing their job won’t matter a great deal - the agency will likely place the elsewhere.
Doesn't matter still fire the filthy bastards.

randomhero

So sad that this has happened, it wouldn't even cross my mind to deliberately damage a Celtic item or any item if i worked at a depot or as a delivery driver, scary that some people have this mindset.

Ke55y

So sad that this has happened, it wouldn't even cross my mind to deliberately damage a Celtic item or any item if i worked at a depot or as a delivery driver, scary that some people have this mindset.
Hopefully because there worried but put it down too they think there untouchable

Was there not something with Hummel tops being slashed and displayed on the rails at JD Sports in Braehead last season? They really are a club like no other, thank fek!

Captain_Buns

Should have been plain packaging.

I worked at Ibrox in the early 90s, and lot of people didn't receive tickets on time for a Champions League match. We were printing duplicates all day for angry people to collect.
A couple of us attended the match with lists of all the duplicates printed in case anyone turned up with a stolen original. No-one did.
The day after the match an undelivered sack of tickets was 'found' at a post office depot. The suspicion was that someone had seen the return address on the back of the envelopes and stuck it aside out of badness.
After that, we used envelopes with a PO Box address that didn't identify the club as the sender.
Things have got much worse since, and I'm not at all surprised to read this disgusting news.
You can always tell though when you get mail from Rangers containing tickets.

BigDGrant

Easy enough to find the culprits. It will be the central Scottish sorting depot. I highly doubt it would be the driver doing it so it's the pickers 100%.
Check out the smelliest pish stained pickers named Liam, Aiden, Geraldine or Bernadette and there's your culprits.
Do them for sectarian damage of property sack them and get the police involved as it's sectarian driven.

Anyone still waiting on the top? Went onto the Hermes website and my parcel has now been delayed 24 hours and will be on the move soon. Raging ain’t the word!

InverGer

I got an email from Hermes this morning saying mine would be delivered on the 6th, 5 days later than planned so good chance one of those damaged :mad:

change consent