Hermes looking into over 2,000 products being sabotaged

It would be headline news if the shoe was on the other foot with Anti Catholic bigotry being thrown about , interviews with the pavement loitering priest , the Archbigot and Janette the IRA supporter from the Uni claiming it was sectarian attacks on their religion and how Scotland was a cesspit of catholic hatred

But since it’s only 2000 yes let that sink it 2000 different acts of vandalism and it’s Rangers tops the story isn’t headline news

There’s bigotry and sectarianism out there , just not the type you’ll ever read about

My guess is right now Castore are still assessing the extent of the damage and what they can do to address it. I've seen a couple of posters say they've had emails about refunding postage and sending them a £25 voucher for example. Firstly though, they have to find out who, and how many, are effected by the vandalism. That may involve checking over all items that Hermes are currently holding, or getting them back to Castore for scrutiny.
You'd imagine that said deranged Timbo won't have opened the packages. They'll have prodded a needle (syringe filled with God knows what) / scalpel through the package. Who then does the checks and quality purge? I'd imagine they'll need returned to Castore or a central location for inspection and repackaging before sending to customers. Castores issues is they won't have the stock to backill the damage you'd imagine. They can't have expected this.
Bit of a nightmare for them.

You'd imagine that said deranged Timbo won't have opened the packages. They'll have prodded a needle (syringe filled with God knows what) / scalpel through the package. Who then does the checks and quality purge? I'd imagine they'll need returned to Castore or a central location for inspection and repackaging before sending to customers. Castores issues is they won't have the stock to backill the damage you'd imagine. They can't have expected this.
Bit of a nightmare for them.

There's a post on another thread from a reliable poster saying they've had a DM from Castore confirming that an investigation into what went on with Hermes is underway. Post #162

It would be headline news if the shoe was on the other foot with Anti Catholic bigotry being thrown about , interviews with the pavement loitering priest , the Archbigot and Janette the IRA supporter from the Uni claiming it was sectarian attacks on their religion and how Scotland was a cesspit of catholic hatred

But since it’s only 2000 yes let that sink it 2000 different acts of vandalism and it’s Rangers tops the story isn’t headline news

There’s bigotry and sectarianism out there , just not the type you’ll ever read about

I'm surprised we haven't heard about it, tbh. I fully expected the Sun or the Record to something along the following lines -
"Cheeky Celtic fans have a pop at Rangers new sportswear! - zany Celtic fans played havoc with Rangers new kit launch by playfully damaging their arch rivals kit as it was delivered to houses."

There's a post on another thread from a reliable poster saying they've had a DM from Castore confirming that an investigation into what went on with Hermes is underway. Post #162

“Rest assured we have now raised an investigation with Hermes as this isn’t acceptable”

That’s what their DM is saying after I’d asked.

They won't talk about industrial scale paedophilia never mind this.

Has this been reported in the media or are they waiting for a tim to post a staged damaged ceptic top photo so the story can involve us as well?

It's not just damage the parcels it's the sly messages in Biro put on the product by the delivery drivers (and it is the delivery drivers as they didn't engage their brains again when doing so, because the messages are.written within where they have left the parcel)

Both mine and my wee bro’s tops arrived no issues at all, I was a bit worried after seeing other people’s problems with Hermes but on this occasion, can’t fault them at all.

No it isn't.

Don't be so bloody dramatic because of a small number of morons interfering with the mail.
A small number of morons. Really!!! That damaged 2000 pieces of mail.
Don’t know if your over 18 yet mate but I have lived in Scotland my whole life and let me tell you I have never seen this country in such a state. A cesspit is not far off tbf however not just because the Mail has been tampered with. Maybe broaden your outlook and look at some of the other nonsense that is destroying my country.

Nobody will be losing a job over this.

Well maybe the fud who bragged on twitter but having worked in a Hermes warehouse there’s no way to prove it was the drivers.
Do they not have cctv in their warehouses surely, should be easy to see if that is where the damage was done, if not just check the first names of their drivers which should give them a clue as to what they are capable of.

The Hermes delivery person up here in Aberdeenshire is a top person she’s here regularly my daughter keeps her in business! Never had a problem nor ever had anything damaged. Must employ absolute pond life in the central belt.

You don’t have the same amount of Apartheid Schooling as we have here, and the influx of tatty basher.

Do they not have cctv in their warehouses surely, should be easy to see if that is where the damage was done, if not just check the first names of their drivers which should give them a clue as to what they are capable of.
Yes there is cctv, although we knew there was theft going on all I was told to do as a supervisor was random searches as the staff left.

If the contract with Hermes is at risk then there might be a big investigation otherwise it gets written off and not much will be done in my experience

My brother works for them. According to him, the depot he works in had no damaged tops come in, so it's clearly down to some scummy drivers.

From the Evening Times article linked earlier:

A PROBE has been launched amid claims thousands of Rangers shirts have been damaged by saboteurs.

Several Gers supporters have taken to social media after their new Castore gear was allegedly sabotaged.

There are claims as many as 2000 packages have been damaged whilst en route with Hermes to fans of the Light Blues this week.

In a post on social media, members of the influential Gers podcast Heart and Hand wrote: "Hermes say reports of 2000 - TWO THOUSAND - packages were damaged."

"Products will now be going out in unbranded bags."

However, the UK's second largest delivery company claimed they were unaware of such a figure but vowed to launch an investigation.

Kits were sent out with Rangers and Castore branding but it is understood this policy is currently being reconsidered.

A Hermes spokeswoman said: "We are currently investigating this but so far we have not found anything to substantiate these claims.

"We will reach out to the Heart & Hand podcast for further details."

The Glasgow Times has also approached Rangers and Castore for comment.

Castore sold out their initial 50,000 stock of home kits within 48 hours of the pre-sale going live on July 1.

The Glasgow giants signed a five-year deal with Liverpool-based sports brand Castore earlier this summer.

My brother works for them. According to him, the depot he works in had no damaged tops come in, so it's clearly down to some scummy drivers.

Which you would think makes it easy to identify the culprits?

Surely any driver finding packages on his van damaged wouldn’t deliver them like that and would flag it up? So if they go ahead and deliver them, not unreasonable to assume they were involved on some level.

Must be a small sub depot to say that.

It imagine it is down to drivers for the majority of the damages but no way to really prove where the damage happened

Not if they'd already supplied the 2000 number via their press officer, no. It wouldn't make sense for them to then deny that figure if it was them who originally put it out.
For me it looks to be something like this

Rangers or castore have said 2000 figure
Myhermes say they are investigating (ie look to take action) but no issue found so far (are they ever going to admit it if happened?)

I wonder if castor would be able to identify damaged goods by the area delivered to. For instance if there was a cluster of damaged goods from post codes near each other that could be evidence of ome driver from one area

For me it looks to be something like this

Rangers or castore have said 2000 figure
Myhermes say they are investigating (ie look to take action) but no issue found so far (are they ever going to admit it if happened?)

I'd agree there but the problem comes when the 2000 figure seemingly came from Hermes' press officer.

If their press officer gave out the 2000 number, to then deny doesn't make any sense and probably looks even worse for them than sticking by the original.

I'd agree there but the problem comes when the 2000 figure seemingly came from Hermes' press officer.

If their press officer gave out the 2000 number, to then deny doesn't make any sense and probably looks even worse for them than sticking by the original.
Who said it came from their press officer though? Club or castore could have said 2000 effected and they are looking into it. That doesn't mean to say that myhermes said both the statements

H&H on Twitter.
Fair enough I see their wording there. The 2k wouldnt have necessarily came from a press officer. Given the close ties with rangers, fan media and castore then I dont see any reason to suggest the 2k figure would be inaccurate

Fair enough I see their wording there. The 2k wouldnt have necessarily came from a press officer. Given the close ties with Rangers, fan media and castore then I dont see any reason to suggest the 2k figure would be inaccurate
Hermes seem to suggest it isn't though and that's where the figure apparently comes from

Got an e-mail saying they have delivered my parcel but no sign of it here!!!! Have e-mailed them back but so far no response.

WATP.
The bastards are good at that,yodel just as bad. how any business uses them is beyond me.

Back