Hermes looking into over 2,000 products being sabotaged

So sad that this has happened, it wouldn't even cross my mind to deliberately damage a Celtic item or any item if i worked at a depot or as a delivery driver, scary that some people have this mindset.
Hopefully because there worried but put it down too they think there untouchable

Was there not something with Hummel tops being slashed and displayed on the rails at JD Sports in Braehead last season? They really are a club like no other, thank fek!

Should have been plain packaging.

I worked at Ibrox in the early 90s, and lot of people didn't receive tickets on time for a Champions League match. We were printing duplicates all day for angry people to collect.
A couple of us attended the match with lists of all the duplicates printed in case anyone turned up with a stolen original. No-one did.
The day after the match an undelivered sack of tickets was 'found' at a post office depot. The suspicion was that someone had seen the return address on the back of the envelopes and stuck it aside out of badness.
After that, we used envelopes with a PO Box address that didn't identify the club as the sender.
Things have got much worse since, and I'm not at all surprised to read this disgusting news.

You can always tell though when you get mail from Rangers containing tickets.

Easy enough to find the culprits. It will be the central Scottish sorting depot. I highly doubt it would be the driver doing it so it's the pickers 100%.
Check out the smelliest pish stained pickers named Liam, Aiden, Geraldine or Bernadette and there's your culprits.
Do them for sectarian damage of property sack them and get the police involved as it's sectarian driven.

Anyone still waiting on the top? Went onto the Hermes website and my parcel has now been delayed 24 hours and will be on the move soon. Raging ain’t the word!

I got an email from Hermes this morning saying mine would be delivered on the 6th, 5 days later than planned so good chance one of those damaged :mad:

Imagine if someone set up a parcel Firm with obvious Rangers /PUL connections.Red ,White and Blue parcels or the like.Could be a good earner
What a palarva that would cause.Within a day the owner would be linked to the KKK

I’m more surprised they are in a position to do this. Means they have a job

Yeah, I was surprised at this too.

Probably jealous of seeing a clean, new football top. Something they wouldn't know about themselves.

Or the shock at fans buying them instead of shoplifting them.

Reactions: jtc
Should never have been sent out in branded packaging as it is obvious what would happen. The same would have happened if the roles were reversed too.

Still is a joke that any were damaged never mind 2000

I regularly deliver Celtic branded items and match tickets, It never crosses my mind to do anything other than deliver them as addressed.

Shite for the people who need to go through the hassle of getting tops replaced etc.

Daft for it to be sent out in branded bags but also why would it even cross your mind to do that? Scummy behaviour.

There needs to be a proper criminal investigation into this, not some internal paper shuffling exercise.

2000 items probably represents around £100,000 of damage. That’s enough to insist that the Police should be looking into it.

As for Hermes, Rangers and Castore need to be telling Hermes that they need to be telling their delivery staff that if even 1 more item is damaged, the driver will sacked, or else we move the entire contract away from them.

Mine has been saying that since Monday morning. I’ve tired to speak to someone at hermes but I’m getting no joy. Just a robot telling me to contact the supplier

Same here mate and castore have been ignoring me since Sunday.

Same here mate and castore have been ignoring me since Sunday.

If they would just communicate and tell me this is happened and it will be delivered next week or whatever I’d be fine. It’s just them blanking me that’s pissing me off.

There needs to be a proper criminal investigation into this, not some internal paper shuffling exercise.

2000 items probably represents around £100,000 of damage. That’s enough to insist that the Police should be looking into it.

As for Hermes, Rangers and Castore need to be telling Hermes that they need to be telling their delivery staff that if even 1 more item is damaged, the driver will sacked, or else we move the entire contract away from them.

That should happen regardless to be honest.

The odd one or two packages being damaged by a troublemaker you could perhaps cope with. Thousands? Nah, they've fundamentally failed to have adequate processes in place for the secure transit of the merchandise there and should be binned. IMHO of course.

Emailed Castore last night. Just got a reply saying they are aware a number have been damaged and are looking into it. Was offered a £25 gift card for the Rangers store and refund of postage or a full refund. Said tops will be sent within 3 days and should be here next week.
Wouldn't be surprised if I got a top as I only ordered a cap.

2000 items at £25 a time gift cards is £50,000 before you've taken in to account and other refunds replacing damaged strips and dealing with postage.

It must be hitting 6 figures by that point. That level of criminal damage should result in jail time for someone.
I wonder how orchestrated it might have been or is it just the general mindset of the averager Celtic minded courier that works for them?

Might not even just be the couriers. I've seen them say that items were damaged before they collected them so it could be inbetween them leaving Castore's factories and getting to the Hermes drivers too.

Better communication would help here. If people could at least be told “we are sorry but some deranged Tim working for Hermes damaged your kit and there will be a delay” it would calm some of the anger and direct it where it should be going.

When people get no communication at all regarding their missing £60 shirt then they are naturally going to be angry.

Has this c**t been named and shamed yet??
This can't be one person. There is more to this I think.
I think that stuff at Hermes is on hold. There is no explanation for a delay. I got my notification mail on Sunday and now I have a delay notice since Monday and I'm in a holding pattern it seems.
You sure as feck wouldnt send anything we via this shit courier in the meantime. Id expect someone else to take over.

Sounds more like a shipment theft or fraud if it's in those numbers. You'd need to set up a production line to damage 2000 packages.

Over 2000 item interfered with, sounds like they have multiple people on shifts doing nothing but this

If they would just communicate and tell me this is happened and it will be delivered next week or whatever I’d be fine. It’s just them blanking me that’s pissing me off.

My guess is right now Castore are still assessing the extent of the damage and what they can do to address it. I've seen a couple of posters say they've had emails about refunding postage and sending them a £25 voucher for example. Firstly though, they have to find out who, and how many, are effected by the vandalism. That may involve checking over all items that Hermes are currently holding, or getting them back to Castore for scrutiny.

Back