Hertha Berlin kneeling for tolerance before today's match.

There's something about this recent development in the German national character that makes me feel uneasy.

This desperation to show the world how tolerant they've become.

Suppose, the message is probably a good one.

It just seems a bit weird.

This needs to be nipped in the bud immediately. Throw the book at them. If there's nothing in the book get it changed.

How many go to football to be force fed simpering drivel like this, especially when it's source is spoilt overpaid prima donnas living in their own self centred bubble?

I can understand American NFL players doing this in support of a fellow player who felt that the America he grew up in is not the same America that Donald Trump is now in charge of.

For a racially tolerant country that Germany has become it just looks a bit naff.

I’m be absolutely mortified if I was one of their supporters and my team’s players did that. Utterly pathetic.

I can understand American NFL players doing this in support of a fellow player who felt that the America he grew up in is not the same America that Donald Trump is now in charge of.

For a racially tolerant country that Germany has become it just looks a bit naff.
Nothing to do with Trump. It's about cops indiscriminately shooting black men at traffic stops etc for no apparent reason. Happened under Obama as well, and I'd like to get my tuppence worth in. Kaeperneck did it all last season and got maybe two or three NFL players join him, then during the off season he couldn't fing a team because no one would hire him because of his political posturing (taking a knee). Suddenly Trump says something about it and all theses hypocritical c-u-n-ts are falling over themselves to take a knee and link arms (including NFL owners). Typical of today's "look at me" society.

Footballers should stick to playing football rather than making political statements.
Yip.

The same as the ones that cross themselves, open their hands like a book, point to the sky. look up at the sky etc.

Then they are in the news for drunk driving, fighting in nightclubs, shagging other players wives, speeding etc.

Is this in support of the same people who sexually assaulted hundreds of their own citizens in one night recently?

Get off your knees, peasants.

Footballers should stick to playing football rather than making political statements.
Absolutely. There is no place in sport for any of this. For one thing, the makeup of the people financing the whole bandwagon, the fans is unknown in many cases. Over here I know quite a few folks that have simply turned off the NFL for example.

I can't, it's not their place to do it. If they want to do it in their private lives more power to them but not when they are " at work". As I mention in another post, it's the fans who keep sports going and they have no right to put their beliefs on show in front of many fans who do not support what they are doing. The act itself is divisive.

It's the underlying arrogance of it which gets me.

What they are actually saying is 'we are going to do this in front of you and the cameras whether you agree or want us to or not. You will just have to lump it'

They are so detached from reality, they actually think their views are superior to everyone else there because they kick a ball around, badly in this case.

Talk about overinflated egos, meaningless gestures and trite posturing.

Nothing to do with Trump. It's about cops indiscriminately shooting black men at traffic stops etc for no apparent reason. Happened under Obama as well, and I'd like to get my tuppence worth in. Kaeperneck did it all last season and got maybe two or three NFL players join him, then during the off season he couldn't fing a team because no one would hire him because of his political posturing (taking a knee). Suddenly Trump says something about it and all theses hypocritical c-u-n-ts are falling over themselves to take a knee and link arms (including NFL owners). Typical of today's "look at me" society.

It's about cops indiscriminately shooting blacks yes, but that's not actually the state of affairs. So either these NFL f**kwits are race baiting idiots or are gullable, naive idiots.

Kaepernick's performances and qb rating dipped significantly last season, perhaps that combined with the fact he's an attention seeking, disrespectful arsehole was enough to put off other teams.

The Hollywood lefties are getting taken diwn now after years of preaching, now we’ve Germans doing the same? They should stay in their lane and kick a ball

It's about cops indiscriminately shooting blacks yes, but that's not actually the state of affairs. So either these NFL f**kwits are race baiting idiots or are gullable, naive idiots.

Kaepernick's performances and qb rating dipped significantly last season, perhaps that combined with the fact he's an attention seeking, disrespectful arsehole was enough to put off other teams.
What is "not actually the state of affairs", I'm not following you. Kaepernick is better than a lot of back up QB in the league just now, so if you think him not getting hired has got nothing to do with him taking a knee and pissing the owners off you are deluded, which brings me back to my original point: none of these cnts supported him until Trump got involved then it was all on the bandwagon. And for the record I thought he was a dick for taking a knee myself but if you don't think black guys are getting shot for fk all at an alarming rate you haven't been watching TV.
I'll give you an example. I got pulled over the other night on a bumper to bumper freeway at 10:00pm because I was a dick and got pissed off and pulled into the emergency lane. I have a Concealed handgun License. The cop had his hand on the holster of his gun the whole time as he asked if I had "my weapon on me". Told him no. He checked my licence and let me go. I thought, when i drove off, how the circumstances might have been different if I was black. And that is a whole other issue to get into maybe in the lounge.

Embarrassing, this is something i'd expect from Celtic, nothing to do with them, should stick to playing football.

Back