Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Cooperfan

Posters are again saying the midfield isn't good enough. I agree with them, it's the weakest area of the team and we've persisted with them for a couple of years.

Strange when you consider who our management are.

It doesn't detract from the weekly cheat in the middle. If we'd dealt with it in a previous season we may not be suffering still.

It amazes me that some can't see the corruption in Scottish football. These refs got to where they are, some fast tracked, while we were down the league's and didn't have any power to say that they were all Rangers haters and mhanks.

Now we're back we still say and do nothing so nothing will change. Do you expect it to?

Nevermind, as every season, some believe we should win every game at a canter just because we're Rangers. Officials don't matter.

BriggsBear87

My take is there was little in it, I thought the defender reacted as if he got caught on the face and went down looking for a foul! The replay could prove me wrong though?
Unless I missed it, Sky didn't show it again after the game. Which could in itself tell us all we need to know.

Drovavan Dünaditch

The excuse of ‘teams sit in’ clearly isn’t valid anymore. With such an open game the last 10 mins to destroy the shape by bringing Itten on to pump hit and hope balls 60 yards into the box is amateur panic tactics.

stillAlwaysblue

WE need a tall midfield that can tackle and win in the air and also shoot from outside the box and score. Davis and Kamara appear lacking against the better aggressive teams. Also Roofe up front would have made a difference along side Freddy.

Anyway we need septic to drop points if we are to win this league and that also means us beating them.

Cyberniv

Out of 10
  • Passing 4
  • Decision Making 3
  • Finishing 5
  • Defending 5
  • Effort 7
  • Urgency 2
  • Motivation 5
  • Final ball 2
  • Sloppiness 9
  • Movement off the ball 2

bigduds58

McCoist is disgraceful here.

McCoist is all about mcCoist,he doesn’t care about Rangers,if he did he would be asking Qs about the officials,he won’t though as it’s all about him,he’s never got over being sacked while still pocket a hefty wage,no time for him give be big Derek any day of the week.

Cyberniv

Absolutely. But we know it doesn't. Alfie needs to just button it. Even our refs can't book him if he screws the heid.
Not sure one of our players should have to avoid doing something that every other player can, and does do, with impunity.

BlueHaze

Match officials are having to much of a negative impact on our games,It needs to be highlighted by the club because the football media are not going to mention it.

Geerfc19

Out of 10
  • Passing 4
  • Decision Making 3
  • Finishing 5
  • Defending 5
  • Effort 7
  • Urgency 2
  • Motivation 5
  • Final ball 2
  • Sloppiness 9
  • Movement off the ball 2
Passing at times was sublime. Towards the end was sluggish.
Decision making, com ce com ca
Finishing, Shocking for the most part
Defending, poor since we went 2-1 up.
Effort, lacking when at 2-2.
Motivation, see above.
Final ball, good enough to win 2 games.
Sloppiness, couple of mistakes that most teams would get away with.
Movement off the ball. meh

spaceman2

Absolutely. But we know it doesn't. Alfie needs to just button it. Even our refs can't book him if he screws the heid.
I've been critical of Morelos in the past for his reactions costing us, but what he did today is the same reaction that loads of players will do throughout the game. He got booked today because of who he is. It's becoming a sore issue for me that week on week there's nothing done by the club to try protect our players and put more pressure on getting fair officiating

Hank_Marvin

I've been critical of Morelos in the past for his reactions costing us, but what he did today is the same reaction that loads of players will do throughout the game. He got booked today because of who he is. It's becoming a sore issue for me that week on week there's nothing done by the club to try protect our players and put more pressure on getting fair officiating

He got booked for it earlier in the season(Livingston I think). Their player (Devlin?) done the exact same thing as Morelos done and wasn't carded or spoken to. He is refereed differently.

mountloyal

First time a team attack us and our defensive frailties show up. That is the worrying part. We had a clean sheet record while playing teams happy to pack their defence and not having a go.

borderbear

Official Ticketer
I think bringing Itten on for Kamara was ridiculous. Let’s throw on another striker and we’re bound to score mentality.
You expect that at amateur level. Easter road was always going to be difficult.

steve__72

- Hibs are a good attacking side
- Our defenders are not a problem
- We still need a midfield upgrade
- We are missing 3 starters from injury
- The refs in Scotland are consistently shite and we need to do better highlighting it

Stevie13000

Why? On one hand you're the one saying Gerrard is making a mistake starting Hagi, now his judgement is perfect when it suits your argument.

No I am not , hagi was pretty poor today again especially the first half , nobody would have blinked an eyelid if he had been hooked at halftime, you included.

Not unless you are one of those uber hagi fans who cannot see through your blue tinted hagi glasses.

R.W.B.

Official Ticketer
No wonder Jack Ross was smiling at the end his whole back four got carded for booting f . uck out of our players and a couple should have been sent off, anyhow we had 70% of the play, Kent & Arfield missed two great chances while Goldson and I thought Tav (distribution) were terrible

We will drop more points this season as will the Tarriers, we must make it count when we play them

People need to calm down it’s the first goals we’ve let in for a while

dougiem

WE were robbed by blanted officials AGAIN hibs winner clearly offside fact.
Hanlon clearly red card fact.

biggee

Do you include the officials in that cast? teams have off days but we had enough quality to win if the ref had done his job without cheating.

There is nothing alleged about , most of them wouldn't have got near a jersey in sides that were still 2nd best to us, why would you post that ?

Jase

Of course you are right. But if the club won't speak out then Alfie needs to suck it up I'm afraid.

Sjbaxter77

Panic stations as per. No need to throw anyone under the bus imo. Goldson didn't have a great game but tbf he's been very consistent for us & if we took our chances it wouldn't be an issue. Hibs 2nd goal was offside but we should have won the game despite that. Barasic should have challenged Boyle for the first goal also

chosen few

I firmly believe we have the most talented group of player's in the country, the problem is apart from Shagger and Davis we don't have any winners,and Davis is no longer capable of playing 2 games a week ,we need a nasty avatars that can play a bit,,even if we could afford a player like that Scottish officials would send him off every week .

Gameboy

The big thing that annoyed me was Davis and Kamara passing to each other instead of cutting each other out and going straight to the wing backs.

The passing has to be quicker and sharper. None of this middle man pish! I stopped counting at 11 when Barasic and Tav where clear and had to wait for the ball and end up being marked.

isawthat

We need a few winners in the team, and I didn’t see any today. (Davis at a push) We have the same failings as the last two seasons, we don’t react well when we are under pressure.

servicepoint

We didn’t play too badly today but the concern for me is the lack of fight and leadership from the players and the management, absolutely nothing has changed from the previous two seasons, some good football played in spells but littered with losses of concentration, allowing ourselves to be bullied, lack of composure and our manager sitting on his hands with an inability to install some fight and heart. Gerrard lacks the mentality to manage and the ruthless streak of a top boss. He comes across as neutered and defeated, scared to speak out, every week he point blank refuses to call out the officials despite the prompts from the interviewer, it will cost him his job.

change consent