Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

The worrying thing is that a part from Balogun, this is the team that will have to play the next few games unless Roofe is available.
I am now really concerned about Willem II on Thursday, Motherwell next Sunday (although they also have an away European game). Gala or Split on 1 October (if we get past Willem).
We need a new midfield option as Davis and Kamara are not going to see us through those games successfully.

They wont get away with what they have today against the filth.
If Edouard had been knocked in the head off the ball the way Morelos was today, or Brown caught with a deliberate late stamp the way Kent was, you can guarantee the ref would respond with more serious punishment

I'd rather not ignore the issues that have killed any hopes we have at winning a trophy every year. How do you expect it to get any better if we don't instil a winning mentality into this group of players?
Its rather difficult to win when officials are against you.
They do their job we win 2-1 at least probably more if he'd cautioned players as he should have.

I think celtic are there for the taking, match officials aside? They will drop points as for us we need to get the split second decisions right and shoot from outside the box am not sure if at times we lack recognising that opportunity or if it is a confidence thing with some?
What I wouldn't give for the team to come out the blocks, battering ram style for the first ten minutes. Can't keep that up for 90 mins, but most games in this league could be put to bed in those early minutes. Instead, we let teams gain a foothold. Grim

Defensively as poor as I ‘ve seen us this season, Borna has to come out quicker to stop the cross for Hivs first as the ball is there to be won and good knows what Goldson was doing at the second, far to casual a pass out of defence.
Having said that Hivs look decent compared to previous years

It was frustrating to watch Borna slow down when Boyle did that heavy touch, he should have attacked the ball imo. He was fearful of his pace and giving a free kick in a dangerous position

pretty football poor defending and refereeing doesn’t win games dirty tackling hard work and a bit of ticker does.hey ho what’s new with us.

Today the Gers could have and should have won the game.. They didn't because they didn't take the really good chances they created or convert the superior play we had over the majority of the game into more chances/goals.... simples

Its the last 30 minutes for me that is worrying. Thought we looked tired and sluggish and a lack of enthusiasm to go and win the game when we lost the second goal.

Their second goal was offside, they should have had a red card in the first half.
But even allowing for that we should have won the game. Alfie's header, Kent's chance and Arfield's 2 chances should have seen us win fairly comfortably.
Decisions going against us is nothing new. During Walter's 9 in a row we had some terrible decisions going against us but we had the players to overcome this. The bottom line is we weren't good enough.

Anyone worked out what the winner was chopped off for yet? Does Don Robertson even know?
My take is there was little in it, I thought the defender reacted as if he got caught on the face and went down looking for a foul! The replay could prove me wrong though?

If Edouard had been knocked in the head off the ball the way Morelos was today, or Brown caught with a deliberate late stamp the way Kent was, you can guarantee the ref would respond with more serious punishment
100%

And if Hartson & Sutton were the studio guests after those incidents, the ref would be needing to have CR Smith on speed dial if he hadn't taken any action

What I wouldn't give for the team to come out the blocks, battering ram style for the first ten minutes. Can't keep that up for 90 mins, but most games in this league could be put to bed in those early minutes. Instead, we let teams gain a foothold. Grim
I agree albeit today was more open for both teams at the start! I suppose once we are ahead we should be able to shut up shop the way other teams do to us when parking the bus however that is not usually our way!

I wonder what the difference is in ally's eyes are at the end? For their goal he says the striker gets up early so doesn't matter that he's using his hands.

Defoe got up early right at the end as did the defender. Nobody won the ball. Refereee only blew the whistle when he realised Morelos was going to score.

Is it not quite common for teams to drop points after a European game?

As much as the fixture was easy, it's disruptive in terms of training and travel times at the very least.

Not sure tbh but to be claiming tiredness after that midweek game is ridiculous. We have longer bus journeys to Ross County.

Raging at everything!
cheating/incompetent refereeing , smirking fkrs celebrating a draw, and Super saying ref did a great job. kiss my blue a. rse.

Corrupted officials. Sams boring team with no urgency what so ever. Off to get some beers, don't give a shite if I'm on anti biotics.
The Gerrard haters will be out in force on here tonight, the midfield went missing today, Jack ,Aribo and now Roofe too many injuries I am afraid I have to agree with what has been said on this forum that some of the current first team struggle with the pressure and expectation of being a Rangers player apart from Davis nobody in this team has ever been a winner, unfortunately Rangers are not in a position to go out and buy a Souness or a De Boer, the Morelos situation needs sorting if Rangers sign Daniel Johnson at the level he’s played at would he be any better than what they already have? The real need is to get Jack and Aribo back from injury

Posters are again saying the midfield isn't good enough. I agree with them, it's the weakest area of the team and we've persisted with them for a couple of years.

Strange when you consider who our management are.

It doesn't detract from the weekly cheat in the middle. If we'd dealt with it in a previous season we may not be suffering still.

It amazes me that some can't see the corruption in Scottish football. These refs got to where they are, some fast tracked, while we were down the league's and didn't have any power to say that they were all Rangers haters and mhanks.

Now we're back we still say and do nothing so nothing will change. Do you expect it to?

Nevermind, as every season, some believe we should win every game at a canter just because we're Rangers. Officials don't matter.

My take is there was little in it, I thought the defender reacted as if he got caught on the face and went down looking for a foul! The replay could prove me wrong though?
Unless I missed it, Sky didn't show it again after the game. Which could in itself tell us all we need to know.

The excuse of ‘teams sit in’ clearly isn’t valid anymore. With such an open game the last 10 mins to destroy the shape by bringing Itten on to pump hit and hope balls 60 yards into the box is amateur panic tactics.

WE need a tall midfield that can tackle and win in the air and also shoot from outside the box and score. Davis and Kamara appear lacking against the better aggressive teams. Also Roofe up front would have made a difference along side Freddy.

Anyway we need septic to drop points if we are to win this league and that also means us beating them.

Out of 10
  • Passing 4
  • Decision Making 3
  • Finishing 5
  • Defending 5
  • Effort 7
  • Urgency 2
  • Motivation 5
  • Final ball 2
  • Sloppiness 9
  • Movement off the ball 2

McCoist is disgraceful here.

McCoist is all about mcCoist,he doesn’t care about rangers,if he did he would be asking Qs about the officials,he won’t though as it’s all about him,he’s never got over being sacked while still pocket a hefty wage,no time for him give be big Derek any day of the week.

Absolutely. But we know it doesn't. Alfie needs to just button it. Even our refs can't book him if he screws the heid.
Not sure one of our players should have to avoid doing something that every other player can, and does do, with impunity.

Match officials are having to much of a negative impact on our games,It needs to be highlighted by the club because the football media are not going to mention it.

Out of 10
  • Passing 4
  • Decision Making 3
  • Finishing 5
  • Defending 5
  • Effort 7
  • Urgency 2
  • Motivation 5
  • Final ball 2
  • Sloppiness 9
  • Movement off the ball 2
Passing at times was sublime. Towards the end was sluggish.
Decision making, com ce com ca
Finishing, Shocking for the most part
Defending, poor since we went 2-1 up.
Effort, lacking when at 2-2.
Motivation, see above.
Final ball, good enough to win 2 games.
Sloppiness, couple of mistakes that most teams would get away with.
Movement off the ball. meh

Absolutely. But we know it doesn't. Alfie needs to just button it. Even our refs can't book him if he screws the heid.
I've been critical of Morelos in the past for his reactions costing us, but what he did today is the same reaction that loads of players will do throughout the game. He got booked today because of who he is. It's becoming a sore issue for me that week on week there's nothing done by the club to try protect our players and put more pressure on getting fair officiating

I've been critical of Morelos in the past for his reactions costing us, but what he did today is the same reaction that loads of players will do throughout the game. He got booked today because of who he is. It's becoming a sore issue for me that week on week there's nothing done by the club to try protect our players and put more pressure on getting fair officiating

He got booked for it earlier in the season(Livingston I think). Their player (Devlin?) done the exact same thing as Morelos done and wasn't carded or spoken to. He is refereed differently.

First time a team attack us and our defensive frailties show up. That is the worrying part. We had a clean sheet record while playing teams happy to pack their defence and not having a go.

I think bringing Itten on for Kamara was ridiculous. Let’s throw on another striker and we’re bound to score mentality.
You expect that at amateur level. Easter road was always going to be difficult.

- Hibs are a good attacking side
- Our defenders are not a problem
- We still need a midfield upgrade
- We are missing 3 starters from injury
- The refs in Scotland are consistently shite and we need to do better highlighting it

Why? On one hand you're the one saying Gerrard is making a mistake starting Hagi, now his judgement is perfect when it suits your argument.

No I am not , hagi was pretty poor today again especially the first half , nobody would have blinked an eyelid if he had been hooked at halftime, you included.

Not unless you are one of those uber hagi fans who cannot see through your blue tinted hagi glasses.

No wonder Jack Ross was smiling at the end his whole back four got carded for booting f . uck out of our players and a couple should have been sent off, anyhow we had 70% of the play, Kent & Arfield missed two great chances while Goldson and I thought Tav (distribution) were terrible

We will drop more points this season as will the mentally challengeds, we must make it count when we play them

People need to calm down it’s the first goals we’ve let in for a while

Back