Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

WE were robbed by blanted officials AGAIN hibs winner clearly offside fact.
Hanlon clearly red card fact.

Do you include the officials in that cast? teams have off days but we had enough quality to win if the ref had done his job without cheating.

There is nothing alleged about , most of them wouldn't have got near a jersey in sides that were still 2nd best to us, why would you post that ?

I've been critical of Morelos in the past for his reactions costing us, but what he did today is the same reaction that loads of players will do throughout the game. He got booked today because of who he is. It's becoming a sore issue for me that week on week there's nothing done by the club to try protect our players and put more pressure on getting fair officiating
Of course you are right. But if the club won't speak out then Alfie needs to suck it up I'm afraid.

Panic stations as per. No need to throw anyone under the bus imo. Goldson didn't have a great game but tbf he's been very consistent for us & if we took our chances it wouldn't be an issue. Hibs 2nd goal was offside but we should have won the game despite that. Barasic should have challenged Boyle for the first goal also

I firmly believe we have the most talented group of player's in the country, the problem is apart from Shagger and Davis we don't have any winners,and Davis is no longer capable of playing 2 games a week ,we need a nasty avatars that can play a bit,,even if we could afford a player like that Scottish officials would send him off every week .

The big thing that annoyed me was Davis and Kamara passing to each other instead of cutting each other out and going straight to the wing backs.

The passing has to be quicker and sharper. None of this middle man pish! I stopped counting at 11 when Barasic and Tav where clear and had to wait for the ball and end up being marked.

We need a few winners in the team, and I didn’t see any today. (Davis at a push) We have the same failings as the last two seasons, we don’t react well when we are under pressure.

We didn’t play too badly today but the concern for me is the lack of fight and leadership from the players and the management, absolutely nothing has changed from the previous two seasons, some good football played in spells but littered with losses of concentration, allowing ourselves to be bullied, lack of composure and our manager sitting on his hands with an inability to install some fight and heart. Gerrard lacks the mentality to manage and the ruthless streak of a top boss. He comes across as neutered and defeated, scared to speak out, every week he point blank refuses to call out the officials despite the prompts from the interviewer, it will cost him his job.

- Hibs are a good attacking side
- Our defenders are not a problem
- We still need a midfield upgrade
- We are missing 3 starters from injury
- The refs in Scotland are consistently shite and we need to do better highlighting it

IMO our defenders today were the main problem
Now I know that's maybe a bit unfair considering we've had 7 clean sheets on the trot
I also know that hiv's scored with 2 well taken goals - but both were easily preventable

Our defensive qualities are fine when we're up against 10 man packed opposition in their own half - & can plan for an opponents break away - but today our defence didn't hold it's shape, failed to plug any gaps, at times looked as if they'd never played with each other before today & generally went to sleep for both hiv's goals imo

As I said in an earlier thread - if our defence had done it's job (or even half it's job) we'd have taken all 3 points from this match - even allowing for our stuttering performance in front of their goal

We drew at Easter Road against a good Hibs team. Thought we could have played with more speed in first half but denied in second half by a great display by their keeper. My crystal ball says Hibs may take all the points from them next week. Could turn out to be a valuable point at the end of the season.

I blame the plastic pitch... oops wrong game... a posture of victim culture wins fuc£ all in life never mind over a football season... Bottom line we need to do better against a team that could only beat us on aggression...

We drew at Easter Road against a good Hibs team. Thought we could have played with more speed in first half but denied in second half by a great display by their keeper. My crystal ball says Hibs may take all the points from them next week. Could turn out to be a valuable point at the end of the season.

I can't say I'd disagree
But I'm still left with the nagging feeling we should have taken all 3 points from today
Again we sort of beat ourselves

As said earlier by many our midfield was poor withoutRyan Jack and Joe Aribo todrive us into victory Hibs are no better than previous years

Borna and Tav are great going forward but not the best defensively, for the first goal as soon as Boyle had the bad touch Borna should have went too him and he would not have got the cross in. Second goal was offside but Goldson has a mare for it and Tav should have shown Boyle down the line on his weak foot he didn’t and let him come in on his good foot.

At hiv's 2nd goal- when the cross came in - Goldson was in plenty of space with no opposition players near him - yet he didn't jump & stayed rooted to the spot

Now I know he had no chance of connecting with the ball - given the passage & height of the cross

But - I was always taught even at junior level - you still made the jump if you could - because it may obscure the flight of the ball from attacking players further back

We'll be able to see how good or bad todays result was when they've played Celtic next week. If they get hammered then today was a poor one, if they draw it's a chance lost. If they win then we should be mildly content with the point.

Are you on the right board?
Let’s be honest we are miles away our signing have been poor Hagi isn’t good enough he has ability but doesn’t do enough he lacks heart, Itten is useless it’s a bad day when a 38yr old just coming back from injury gets sent on before him and Roofe Is good but he is injury prone we lack dynamic players we lack pace we are over reliant on Kent to give us a spark our midfield is too slow and pedestrian

Let’s be honest we are miles away our signing have been poor Hagi isn’t good enough he has ability but doesn’t do enough he lacks heart, Itten is useless it’s a bad day when a 38yr old just coming back from injury gets sent on before him and Roofe Is good but he is injury prone we lack dynamic players we lack pace we are over reliant on Kent to give us a spark our midfield is too slow and pedestrian
We are missing two key midfielders and we had poor refereeing (red card, offside goal). We did enough to win the game.

Our signings are far from poor. Itten is a work in progress who is adapting to a foreign country.

Last and certainly not least we are still top of the league. How is your team getting on?

Thought Kamara was awful, offers nothing if his tidy passes are not finding their target. Some pure shithousery on show from Hibs, which makes the draw all the more frustrating.

Reactions: Gee
The thing that istruggle with is that we SHOULD have took the 3 points
That is the FACT that hurts
Not taking our chances
Poor defending
An offside goal
Biased refereeing
All ensured we didn't

I can't face another season of what if to be honest.
We have some of those things listed in our own hands
But we can't simply ignore the things we don't as they impact the game as we have just seen from todays result and a certain other team would never dream of letting a refereeing performance like that go.
Referees have already admitted they are under pressure so are we just going to accept this pressure that has been put on them as it certainly isn't coming from our club and accept everything that is thrown at us?????

We are missing two key midfielders and we had poor refereeing (red card, offside goal). We did enough to win the game.

Our signings are far from poor. Itten is a work in progress who is adapting to a foreign country.

Last and certainly not least we are still top of the league. How is your team getting on?
Get a grip Every team gets injuries Hibs on a tenth of our budget we’re missing players today too that is why we have a squad but unfortunately our squad isn’t good enough our first choice eleven is but outside of that we are short Our signings have been poor let’s not kid ourselves Itten don’t do we can’t afford 3m work in progress we need quality now Roofe is quality but all through his career he has been injury prone Hagi simply isn’t quite good enough there is something lacking in him

we need players who will have a shot from the edge of the box on a few occassions today the ball was teed up just to be hit and we tried to thread it through the eye of a needle or into an area that was polluted with players

Get a grip Every team gets injuries Hibs on a tenth of our budget we’re missing players today too that is why we have a squad but unfortunately our squad isn’t good enough our first choice eleven is but outside of that we are short Our signings have been poor let’s not kid ourselves Itten don’t do we can’t afford 3m work in progress we need quality now Roofe is quality but all through his career he has been injury prone Hagi simply isn’t quite good enough there is something lacking in him
Any chance of a reply in English?

Terribly disappointing. A really bad result, and a really bad day for the manager. Ross reacted to going behind by changing tactical shape in a way that allowed them to push on to our full backs and threaten constantly. They had so much space wide in the final third, and between our lines. We never got close to preventing that from happening or stopping them from getting the ball into those areas.

We also can’t keep on missing the kind of chances that Kent and Arfield passed up today and expect to win games like that.

Wonder if all the folk predicting 3 and 4 nil wins prematch will wise up and realise that very very rarely will we go to easter roads or pitoddries or even livingston and hand out 3-4- 0 skelpings.

this isnt a told you so post, more of a post pleading for people to be more realistic about the challenges we face in attempting to win our first league title in nearly a decade.

we are not the team going for another league title and it will take an extraordinary effort by of players and management as well as a slice of luck to wrestle the league from the mentally challenged.

the sooner some on here realise this the better.

gutted about todays result.

Something I remembered from the game today and maybe a bit late to mention it, but did anyone one notice Jamie Murphy and Scott Allan hooked up to walkie talkies today? What was that all about?

Didn't watch any of the after match. Did Steven Gerrard mention anything about Hanlon's straight red card? Another league match where a straight red card was ignored. Also, did he mention that not only was Hibs' goal offside it was also a foul on Helander to score? Or was he his usual weak self and just took it?

That said, our defending was absolutely catastrophic at points today. Don't know what the hell got into Goldson but he should have been hooked during the subs.

I am sure we'll see more dropped points and we'll win our fair share. It's the nature of the points being lost. First goal was just chronic defending. 2nd goal shouldn't have counted and the lack of noise from players and management was very telling. The importance and fight just still isn't there were required. There is nobody to fire put a rocket under the team's arses during a game. Not on the pitch and not from the side of the pitch.

Hopefully Hibs will put the same amount of effort in against Celtic. Although, I somehow doubt it and they won't have a ref on their side next week.

Just try to look dispassionately for a minute (not easy, I know)
Did we play well? No
Did we play really poorly? No
Are Hibs one of the top teams in Scotland? on present form, Yes
Were we the better team? -definitely.
Did we get any breaks? No
Did the referee and linesman shaft us, again, either mistakenly or on purpose? Yes, definitely
Did we deserve to win? Yes
Imagine for one moment, the linesman had done his job correctly and put his flag up, and then the game petered out to a 2-1 win for Rangers. Could anyone have said we were lucky? No
In conclusion, poor officiating (at best) once again done us out of two very important points.
Bottom line is we did not win a game we deserved to win, due to what can only be described as cheating. not for the first time.
Since the League Cup Final last year, how many wrongly awarded goals have been give against us?

Clancy said referees know exactly what is at stake this season. By phuck, we were reminded of that again today.

IMO our defenders today were the main problem
Now I know that's maybe a bit unfair considering we've had 7 clean sheets on the trot
I also know that hiv's scored with 2 well taken goals - but both were easily preventable

Our defensive qualities are fine when we're up against 10 man packed opposition in their own half - & can plan for an opponents break away - but today our defence didn't hold it's shape, failed to plug any gaps, at times looked as if they'd never played with each other before today & generally went to sleep for both hiv's goals imo

As I said in an earlier thread - if our defence had done it's job (or even half it's job) we'd have taken all 3 points from this match - even allowing for our stuttering performance in front of their goal
The defensive qualities are fine when Jack is playing. He gives so much cover to Goldson and Helander that they often don't need to defend. Today Goldson was up against a bloke I had never heard of and got the run around several times. I think with Jack playing that bloke doesn't get time on the ball.

Just try to look dispassionately for a minute (not easy, I know)
Did we play well? No
Did we play really poorly? No
Are Hibs one of the top teams in Scotland? on present form, Yes
Were we the better team? -definitely.
Did we get any breaks? No
Did the referee and linesman shaft us, again, either mistakenly or on purpose? Yes, definitely
Did we deserve to win? Yes
Imagine for one moment, the linesman had done his job correctly and put his flag up, and then the game petered out to a 2-1 win for Rangers. Could anyone have said we were lucky? No
In conclusion, poor officiating (at best) once again done us out of two very important points.
Bottom line is we did not win a game we deserved to win, due to what can only be described as cheating. not for the first time.
Since the League Cup Final last year, how many wrongly awarded goals have been give against us?

Clancy said referees know exactly what is at stake this season. By phuck, we were reminded of that again today.
Well I at the end of the game wasn't raging at the ref I was raging at us our inability to see out a match or indeed adding to our goals

We’re still a decent team. Need to learn from today though. a mass over reaction will help no one.

The tims have still to play Aberdeen, Hibs, go away to Livingston etc.

keep the nerve, keep moving forward.

We didn't have our best game today but we had enough chances to win.

Whilst we are all disappointed we have to remember they didn't concede a goal from open play up until our game. 3 goals conceded were two penalities and a free kick.

Let's see how they play next week against that mob.

Terribly disappointing. A really bad result, and a really bad day for the manager. Ross reacted to going behind by changing tactical shape in a way that allowed them to push on to our full backs and threaten constantly. They had so much space wide in the final third, and between our lines. We never got close to preventing that from happening or stopping them from getting the ball into those areas.

We also can’t keep on missing the kind of chances that Kent and Arfield passed up today and expect to win games like that.

agree. Arfields second go as well he really expected that to be easy and waited imo.

Kent could’ve also played in alfie I though for a better angle

We didn't have our best game today but we had enough chances to win.

Whilst we are all disappointed we have to remember they didn't concede a goal from open play up until our game. 3 goals conceded were two penalities and a free kick.

Let's see how they play next week against that mob.

That Hibs team we played today will get a hiding at the piggery next week.

I actually think that was so close to being a good game. I said to my boy only an individual error will beat us. But there was three, Goldson , should have done better, Helander also, but the bloody linesman was main culprit. Hard to be so hard against the defense, I think they all had a good game in the main. My main question is what does Kemara give us?? He ain't a midfield power house or enforcer, and he ain't a play maker. I know he gets man of the match for his country, but I struggle to see what he brings. As others have said, this could be seen as a good away point, time will tell.

Aye, it’s the refs fault Morelos missed his header and Arfield couldn’t score with 2 attempts from 8 yards out

Conspiracy theory nonsense is nauseating
Aye it was the refs who could have given at least one penalty to st mirren. It was the refs who could have sent of the French Kris Boyd again killie.but if that is nauseating then that's up to yourself.the French Chris boys hand balled goal against us in September. Do you want me to go on or is it just to much of a conspiracy theory for you.

Back