Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Plus Alfredo gets smashed with an elbow off the ball with the ref looking directly at it and %^*& all happens, yet he has to walk on egg shells every game knowing they’ll send him off first opportunity
But a certain poster on this thread thinks this conspiracy theory is nauseating mate.

But a certain poster on this thread thinks this conspiracy theory is nauseating mate.

It is nauseating. Fact of the matter is, had we took our chances it would’ve been irrelevant

The officials didn’t cause us to drop points today, missed chances and horrendous defending cost us. If we took our chances the referee would’ve been irrelevant

Charge on and claim there’s some sort of agenda against us, I’m sure there’ll be thousands that think the same, however they’ll be a sizeable proportion who’ll look at it objectively and realise we only have ourselves to blame today

Yes we could have done better, but we can’t almost accept it as a given that referees will be biased against us. It’s unfair to the players to have that added stipulation against them.

The goal was offside and they should have had a man sent off. The ref does his job properly we get three points

It is nauseating. Fact of the matter is, had we took our chances it would’ve been irrelevant

The officials didn’t cause us to drop points today, missed chances and horrendous defending cost us. If we took our chances the referee would’ve been irrelevant

Charge on and claim there’s some sort of agenda against us, I’m sure there’ll be thousands that think the same, however they’ll be a sizeable proportion who’ll look at it objectively and realise we only have ourselves to blame today
It a nerve their did I. Due you really belive we are referred to the same standard as Celtic. A simply yes or no will do

Yes we could have done better, but we can’t almost accept it as a given that referees will be biased against us. It’s unfair to the players to have that added stipulation against them.

The goal was offside and they should have had a man sent off. The ref does his job properly we get three points
I agree with you there mate.we have poor games like any other team.hopefully we will learn a lesson from today.

Our main striker plays with the stipulation that it’s fair game to lunge in with a challenge above the knee, or smash him in the face with an elbow. But he makes some aggressive gesture the other wayhe’s off the park.

The defensive qualities are fine when Jack is playing. He gives so much cover to Goldson and Helander that they often don't need to defend. Today Goldson was up against a bloke I had never heard of and got the run around several times. I think with Jack playing that bloke doesn't get time on the ball.

I wouldn't ever minimise the influence or effect a decent DM has on the defence behind him
I'd also agree that Jack plays that role well

What I can't easily explain & what I find unacceptable with today's poor defensive performance- is the inability of our defenders to sufficiently cover for each other - especially when they don't keep their shape or maintain a solid positional unit

I said earlier it could be a 'partnership' problem between Goldson & Helander

Our fulbacks are encouraged to bomb forward just like most modern teams tactics but there are times that Goldson & Helander seems oblivious to the gaps that will inevitably cause -

I've felt for a while - even when I can't argue with 7 clean sheets- that our defence can look good individually & on paper - But regrettably I'm unconvinced they play well together
& no matter how well RJ plays - & deflects attacks before they arrive in our third of the pitch - they'll still be a limit to how much he can help a defence that inadequately covers for itself imo

The result was gutting, it was the first match this season where it was an open game and not facing 10 men behind the ball and the team chose to have an off day. Even though we were quite flat, if the ref does his job properly and honestly then we would have still won this game today.

It a nerve their did I. Due you really belive we are referred to the same standard as Celtic. A simply yes or no will do

I think the standard of refereeing in this country is an embarrassment and everyone is subject to horrendous decisions on a weekly basis.

I believe on the whole we’re treated to the same standard yes with the obvious exception of Morelos who seems to be treated differently to every player in Scotland.

Though, again, this had no impact on Goldson selling the jerseys, Barisic not closing down the cross, Tav not showing Boyce onto his left, Morelos missing a header and Arfield being incapable of scoring from 8 yards.

Any of the above are different and we don’t have this conversation. Our players cost us today, not the officials

Just listened to H&H post match, I normally agree with them more often than not. But think they were over the top. I know its just after the match, but we were not that bad in my opinion. I do agree the ref let far to much away. I did think they would never have 11 men on the pitch. We also think we need to be more strong in the battle. I really deny anyone that doesn't say some of our play was nice sometimes to nice. Shoot just shoot and you might score or get lucky with the second ball..

This has got the feeling of a season definer about it for me. Lose and the heads drop giving the papes a huge lift with their game in hand.

Last season and the seasons before we would drop points at this sort of stage. Let's see if we now have the mentality to win.

Come on the teddy bears!!!

Well that didn't go well - deep down I expected this.

Watch celtic now go on a run of wins and their next match by a big margin.

That's the difference, sadly, between us and them. They are winners and we aren't.

Before the game, people were saying a draw away at Easter Road wouldn't be a bad thing we're quite persuasive. My feeling was that if we draw it'll be because something went wrong.
I now think that the main thing wrong with this team is that when the ref doesn't adequately punish the opposition they don't use that to spur them on.
In this league there's no use complaining that the ref is against you. It's a given, so what are you going to do about it?
You can't foul back, because doing the same as them will get you punished.
Winning this league is going to be about getting knocked down and getting back up, again and again. And running back for more. Being determined not to be put off.
And when you beat them, laughing because elbows and studs are all they have.
No matter how good a player you are, that mentality is what it's going to take. If you haven't got that mentality you shouldn't be wearing our shirt.
I'm still raging at dropping points. Because we were the better set of players, but when the ref was deciding to allow elbows to the face they allowed the tempo to drop and let Hibs into the game. Mostly I'm raging at the ref and his assistants for another terrible series of decisions, despite knowing in advance that these decisions would come. I'm less annoyed by the players, but I want to see more from them next time the ref is poor. Because there will be a next time, and many more after that, no matter how much the club or the manager says about it publicly. They need to drum it into the players that this is what to expect and this is how we expect you to react. They've done well to stop players reacting badly to being fouled. Now they need to get them to react well.

we should have had this game sewn up
we must start putting chances away
our first real test and a frigging draw
the ref was poor but no excuses today so were we

Two main problems for me, a lack of someone who is able to put the foot through the ball from 20 yards out and someone who can get on the end of set pieces. Time after time we put corners in that come to nothing, an Albertz and a hateley would make a huge difference

I actually thought we played well
Not brilliant but created enough

Tempo did drop and the officials were poor

Our errors got punished

Neex to bounce back
Next 3 away from home are tough trips

Especially with jack ,aribo and roofe potentially missing

If you watch it in real time then you would probably say it wasn't off.
We need var and it isn't happening. If the filth felt they needed var to get their *10 then we'd already have it . The fact we don't have VAR speaks volumes
Look at the linesman he is right in line and a perfect view of it.

If you watch it in real time then you would probably say it wasn't off.
We need var and it isn't happening. If the filth felt they needed var to get their *10 then we'd already have it . The fact we don't have VAR speaks volumes

same corruption will be applied. He knew he was off, just chose not to wave it

Look at the linesman he is right in line and a perfect view of it.
I'm not disagreeing mate , but in real time , Goldson is tracking back and in real time it looks ok .
Only seeing a still pic ,does it show offside and that's why we don't fucking have VAR .
We are getting shafted mate

I'm not disagreeing mate , but in real time , Goldson is tracking back and in real time it looks ok .
Only seeing a still pic ,does it show offside and that's why we don't fucking have VAR .
We are getting shafted mate
I watched it and knew he was offside as soon as the ball was kicked to him, linesman are trained to keep up with play, If i can spot it in real time and a linesman who is fully trained can't, even though he would have had a direct line of sight,there is seriously something wrong, It's not like it was marginal and his toe or foot was offside, he's quite clearly not even in line he's at least more than half a body offside. We also lost a cup final to an offside where three of them were offside and another honest mistake.

I think we need to stop using this as an excuse. We should have enough about us to put teams to the sword
That is very true mate.we should have learned by now .but It l looks as though we still haven,t. My reply was more in hope than anything else.not an excuse.

I think the standard of refereeing in this country is an embarrassment and everyone is subject to horrendous decisions on a weekly basis.

I believe on the whole we’re treated to the same standard yes with the obvious exception of Morelos who seems to be treated differently to every player in Scotland.

Though, again, this had no impact on Goldson selling the jerseys, Barisic not closing down the cross, Tav not showing Boyce onto his left, Morelos missing a header and Arfield being incapable of scoring from 8 yards.

Any of the above are different and we don’t have this conversation. Our players cost us today, not the officials
To be honest mate you are angry about the draw fair enough.but to think that we are referred to the same standard then you are clearly wrong.but if that's what you think it is up to yourself .nothing I can say will change your mind no matter what I say.

Listening on the radio it was all Hibs deserved a point so it didn’t matter the goal was offside. Also point made that in England VAR is getting things wrong so the goal might have still stood. Never mind that the money the SPFL cost the clubs in their rush to give the scum 8.75* that money could have paid for grass pitches and VAR at all grounds.

Sick and tired of the constant tippy tippy stuff. Lost count the amount of times we should have just taken the shot on instead of overpassing. Opportunity lost today.....same old movie.

The offside goal cost us today.

Think folks forgetting we're missing few important players,also we were done by another poor decision from crap officials. The club need to address this somehow,it's a disgrace that it's happening almost every week.

Boyd didn't bottle it i take it you didn't see the after match interview.
I did and Boyd bottled when Ally argued back that that’s football. Both ex players have no attachment to the club and can but don’t speak out regarding the obvious bias against us.

Our totally unbiased national broadcaster's player ratings are a joke. Rangers had more than 60% of the play away from home yet rate 4/10, Hivs 7/10.

I’ve seen this movie before I’m afraid and I don’t like the ending :(
Sadly you are 100% bang on. The problem is we’ve had to come back from a very low start in 2012. The vandalism done to our club was outrageous but it happened. We are way better than we’ve been for a long time but we have a way to go.

The offside goal cost us today.
It was offside and VAR rules it out at the time I didn’t think it was offside and SKY didn’t say anything until a good 5 minutes later when they said it’s off. The issue for me yesterday was the forearm smash on Hagi was a clear red and the boy who stood deliberately on Kent‘s ankle wasn’t booked he was later and should have walked.

It was offside and VAR rules it out at the time I didn’t think it was offside and SKY didn’t say anything until a good 5 minutes later when they said it’s off. The issue for me yesterday was the forearm smash on Hagi was a clear red and the boy who stood deliberately on Kent‘s ankle wasn’t booked he was later and should have walked.
Claire the compliance officer will suddenly appear this week to offer a 2 match ban to 2 Hibs players this week just in time to weaken them before they play the scum on Sunday.

I see the rhecord are trying to even it up by claiming Hibs should have had a penalty when borna tugged Doidge back. Also he should have been off,
Predicable!

Put the rod away there is no way you can believe any of our players would be allowed the challenges other teams do on our players .But we should still have finished the game as a contest with the chances and possession we had.

Put the rod away there is no way you can believe any of our players would be allowed the challenges other teams do on our players .But we should still have finished the game as a contest with the chances and possession we had.

I’m 100% serious, you’d honestly think we’ve never benefited from decisions before the way some folk go on.

In the same season Iain Black snapped Jelavic, we got a dubious penalty at parkhead for example. If you look at things objectively, I you see horrendous decisions affecting every single team on a weekly basis

The standard of refereeing/officiating will never improve whilst it’s a part-time job. People slaughter Celtic fans for thinking there’s a conspiracy but some of our fans are getting to a similar level, it’s embarrassing

Back