Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Friday - Bt Sports

Played really well and were on the front foot for most of the game.

We should have won that by 4 or 5 except we couldn't put the ball in the net.

Too many points dropped that way.

We're not far off being a really good team but we need to find a way to consistently put teams away.

Sadly, most of this we already know, but I need to vent:

• When Morelos doesn't play well we will struggle 3x, maybe more to score at all
  • When Candeias doesn't play well Tav doesn't play well
  • For all Candeias's hard work in every game, his end product ratio is too low
  • When Tav doesn't play well, Candeias doesn't play well
  • We need to sell Morelos and buy individually insuperior players to make a stronger group product
  • We appear allergic to 1-0s.
Going to be a shitty weekend. :(

"We only have ourselves to blame."
"The players, the manager."

Yada yada yada.

Honestly how thick do you need to be? How has the penny still not fecking dropped?

We could have an all star team managed by Pep Guardiola.

If opposition players are allowed to commit GBH knowing they'll stay on the pitch, if you don't get clear penalties, if clear illegal goals are allowed to stand against you - YOU CAN'T AND WON'T WIN FOOTBALL MATCHES!

"We need a red oot in the summer. We need to spend big in the summer."

Why? So another group of players can get fecked over by the same officials.

Wake up and smell the bastarding coffee.

A blind man could see they players where fucked after 60 mins. Mcrorie should have been of for airfield Kent candieas blowing out there arse! Gutted leaving there the night any slim chance of a title is officially done brutal

Ally's attempts to be impartial make you sick.

Now their fucking rat of a manager saying your arm at 45 degrees and punching a man in the face is "Natural".

Shitehole of a footballing country.

I don't think people get this :D

if Hibs are down to 10 men after ten minutes, we go on to win. Never mind the bad finishing or that, we would win that game because we'd start finding space and we'd almost certainly score a few goals

McLean needs to get called out tonight, it's time. 100% that Morelos would have gone for that elbow
So we’re incapable of winning after a shit decision from the ref in the first 10 minutes? We have to be able to get over these hurdles, they’re nothing new. We blew it tonight despite the poor performance of the officials.

Hibs manager obviously just cooked up as he's out his nut saying he was surprised McGregor got a yellow for his arm on morelos ffs

Tbf, I never thought the league a reality. The cup is less so. We will not beat the sheepshaggers and the dc

Just like our domestic season.

Opposition manager makes changes, ours does %^*& all. You can see an equaliser coming, nothing, dropped points.

What's our away record this season, how good is our away record. We are on course to finish further behind the bheggars than last season.

Nice deflect - I'll match you with - what happens if McGregor gets his deserved red card 10 mins in?

4 or 5 nil?

Last edited:
Frustrating as %^*&. Pissed all over them first half, lost our way badly in second half and so predictable that we would pay the price.

Morelos off the boil now for 2 games in a row, a bit concerning. Defoe should have been on earlier and we're so desperately short on altetnative AM / winger options.

League done now, no doubt about it.

A blind man could see they players where fucked after 60 mins. Mcrorie should have been of for airfield Kent candieas blowing out there arse! Gutted leaving there the night any slim chance of a title is officially done brutal
100%. Make some changes and see out a game where the defenders and keeper were getting all the luck.

Sadly, most of this we already know, but I need to vent:

• When Morelos doesn't play well we will struggle 3x, maybe more to score at all
  • When Candeias doesn't play well Tav doesn't play well
  • For all Candeias's hard work in every game, his end product ratio is too low
  • When Tav doesn't play well, Candeias doesn't play well
  • We need to sell Morelos and buy individually insuperior players to make a stronger group product
  • We appear allergic to 1-0s.
Going to be a shitty weekend. :(

This is a huge issue, although Kent and Halliday were also guilty tonight.

Tav and Candieas waste far too many deliveries it's scandalous.

Before anyone comes on and talks about the number of assists they have, they waste as many as they deliver. If their deliveries were shots on goal, I would stick my neck out and say, we would have won a few of these stupid draws.

Don't talk fucking pish. He's our second most important player. Oh, and he was fouled. Idiot.
He might have been fouled, but you play to the fucking whistle. Not sit on your arse remonstrating when the decision has been made and then saunter back slowly. You can see him jogging back slowly when he should have been busting a gut and the ball was in his area. A captain takes responsibility.

Very disappointing second half. Hibs were better, but we let them play. Big talk of their change in tactics, but we went from silky 1 touch to punt and hope. Had the chances to win it, and had the opportunity to change it early second half when it wasn't working.

f uck me some on here should be on the kiddyfiddler board, "always cheated never defeated eh", we are just not good enough and need to improve a lot before next season, but lets blame the refs apparently they missed the number of chances we had tonight

Nice deflect - I'll match you with - what happens if McGregor gets his deserved red card 10 mins in?

4 or 5 nil? Same bitchiness from yourself?

Well if you soar balls over the box or don't put the ball in the net, you don't win football matches.

We drew 1-1. More dropped points. You can talk about this or that, we dropped points yet again.

Chance to apply pressure and we shit the bed.

That couldnt be a worse way to end that game. (...as I listen to "Go home ya ****(sectarian term)" echo from the terraces.

I know we only have ourselves to blame, with a weak second half performance. I know we have it in ourselves to change this. We need to score EVER chance that comes our way. We need to play for 90 minutes not 45...

Still, despite this, we are fighting the officials as well as our opponents, week in, week out. Again we saw another dreadful refereeing performance tonight, another refereeing performance that cost us three points, by "missing" a foul that should have been seen by both referee and linesman. (Even indirectly, the referee cost us. Gray should have been off at the Morelos tackle. That's just one example of many decisons tonight that went against us*) I don't like to think of myself as a conspiracy type, but with each passing week I become more and more convinced that officials in this country have been told to do everything in their power to make life difficult for one team and one team only... Rangers. We are simply not being refereed to the same standard as other sides*.

As Warbutonesque as tonights performance was (I'm starting to think that despite how fit we are, we are simply not fit enough to keep up the pace we often set, for 90 minutes) make no mistake, this Rangers side under Gerrard is different from the other Rangers sides we've seen in recent years, that have promised, yet never delivered. We have something to work with here. Kamara, Jack, Tav, McGregor, were a,.l outstanding tonight. In our manager we not only have a man who acts with the dignity our club deserves, but we also have a footballing guy who has fundamentally the right idea of how to play the game. Yes it needs tweeking, Yes it must improve. However this isn't Warburton's pretty passing, not Pedro's clueless yet "interesting" tactics. This is for real.

Even if we dont win the title this year, if we can keep Morelos, Tav, and Jack & Kamara perform as they have in recent weeks, then ive no doubt 55 will be ours in 2020.
Well said that man. I agree with all of that.

Mate it was never on. In a way it’s done us a favour as at least we can ignore the fools that cannot see. We are as far from winning the league this season as last. How we build a challenge I’m bereft of ideas as we can’t keep shedding a full squad each season. I’m beginning to think SG might be regretting taking this on. He can’t make players winners who don’t have it.
Utter shite. Can’t articulate how much pish you’re talking. We are miles ahead of last season in every department. Our europa league run has had a huge effect on the squad via the number of games played. Turning draws into victories is Gerrards challenge next season. One I have full belief he will rise to. To compare this season to Pedro and Murtys shambles is hilarious.

Btw that soft as feck booking Connor Goldson got tonight apparently means he misses the Old Firm game at the end of the month,

Not that MacLean would have known that when he couldn't get the card out quick enough for what didn't even look like a foul...

Well if you soar balls over the box or don't put the ball in the net, you don't win football matches.

We drew 1-1. More dropped points. You can talk about this or that, we dropped points yet again.

Chance to apply pressure and we shit the bed.

You say 'can talk about this or that' like we got denied a couple of freekicks around their box. It was a lot more than that. Shite second half yes but robbed in the first.

100%. Make some changes and see out a game where the defenders and keeper were getting all the luck.
Correct mate. Every week with the manager now he stutters with changes. He dosent change it when we need to and does change it when it dosent need to! Tuesday night could just finish the season off

This is a huge issue, although Kent and Halliday were also guilty tonight.

Tav and Candieas waste far too many deliveries it's scandalous.

Before anyone comes on and talks about the number of assists they have, they waste as many as they deliver. If their deliveries were shots on goal, I would stick my neck out and say, we would have won a few of these stupid draws.

candeias has created virtually nothing all season

I’m so fed up saying this but Steven McLean is the worst ref in the league. He had his UEFA licence rescinded for a reason. He’s not biased, he’s not a Tim, he’s just awful.

Utter shite. Can’t articulate how much pish you’re talking. We are miles ahead of last season in every department. Our europa league run has had a huge effect on the squad via the number of games played. Turning draws into victories is Gerrards challenge next season. One I have full belief he will rise to. To compare this season to Pedro and Murtys shambles is hilarious.

Mate, far too calm and sensible.

100% spot on.

Candeias should get his balls kicked for hibs goal .
His lack of defensive awareness was woeful. He needs to learn when to switch on and know what’s going on around him. He was culpable at their goal and he should have it pointed out to him.

He said it ,he said it again, "looking for a reaction against Aberdeen " just %^*& off Stevie .Heard that shit all season

Season over your kidding yourself if we will win the cup

The biggest damage from 2012 was losing a team of winners. We don’t have a winning mentality to find a way to win games

Compare to Celtic who do have a winning mentality

Drawing vs killie and hearts last few mins win both . I can’t remeber us scoring late to win a big match

I’m so fed up saying this but Steven McLean is the worst ref in the league. He had his UEFA licence rescinded for a reason. He’s not biased, he’s not a Tim, he’s just awful.

I think he is bent, the fiaso in our box is not down to being inept.

He tried to cheat there.

Ffs.....if the league is gone, it isn't because of tonight's performance.

We have played much worse and won.

We played much better tonight than last Sunday for instance.

The long road doesn't suddenly become a sprint.

We are progressing! That is the big picture.

We are 270 minutds from a trophy.

Look on the positives.

Highly unlikely,but if for some miracle,the sheep beat the paedos tomorrow,tonights result will be better....but we can't rely on the sheep at the neverland scumshack.

Back