Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Friday - Bt Sports

I wish Stevie could get him to cut inside and shoot, Morelos watching for scrapes and Arfield on the D for second balls.

The crosses into the box are not working. We need to shake it up a bit.
Only so much a manager can do, players with every team everywhere in the world will make errors in some games.
As for crosses, youre correct, so maybe Tav needs to be more consistent. Despite having a great assist rate, his crossing is poor mostly.

Fuck off.

How about looking at what happened objectively - which was a tour de force in shit refereeing - instead of just wanting to pile on our players.

Calm down fella. No need to swear. Did the ref stop us putting away our chances? We should have been out of sight in that first half. Yes the ref was awful, but that doesn’t excuses our players from being wasteful in front of goal.

Whether Tavernier was at fault at the goal or not you have to look at the big picture here. There’s twelve minutes left, we are leading the game, away from home and we are caught out at the opposition box with too many men, too far forward when we don’t even need to score. I’m not saying when we are leading a game we shut up shop. But the game management side from the players was woeful in that situation.

leagues gone and with this team of bottlers i dread the sheep shagging bastards on Tuesday another let down incoming IMO.

Fav was fouled simples the hivs runt was no where near the ball upends Tav then makes off with the ball ref 15ft away clear view
Then again why would it be a foul after Mcgregors attempted clothesline and Grays scything challenge its a new rule book for us
Absolutely sickened what a con

A game of two halves. We were all over them in the first half and could have been five up but for a combination of bad luck, saves, and desperate stops.The second half Hibs took their chance and might even have nicked it themselves, but that would have been a great injustice to us. The turning point for me was the manager bringing on Defoe and giving up the midfield. He didn't need to do that, he should have kept the head and kept the three in midfield.
But that can be put down to managerial inexperience.

We pissed all over this Hibs side. Totally rimmed them - didn't score the goals our play "deserved". And, didn't collect the points. OK.

"Team of bottlers' ??? You, sir, are a lady's front bottom. lady's front bottom
How many times we beat Hibs this season?
How many times we beat the sheep?
Ya lady's front bottom.

How many times we beat Hibs this season?
How many times we beat the sheep?
Ya lady's front bottom.

Sack the manger? You lady's front bottom. We play decent and entertaining football. What a change from last season. Dropping points to shite teams has cost us . Disappointed tonight. Now piss off , you ball bag.

Not saying sack the manager ffs get a grip.

Why ask the question," how many times have we beat Hibs?" if you're not questioning the management. Just piss off. Go to your bed. We are a very decent side that needs to learn how to bastard teams. Questioning poor results doesn't really help.

Why ask the question," how many times have we beat Hibs?" if you're not questioning the management. Just piss off. Go to your bed. We are a very decent side that needs to learn how to bastard teams. Questioning poor results doesn't really help.
Should've put the game to bed first half and this is the story of our season.

There just aren't enough goals in this team. Changes are required for next season. While I think the midfield and wingers are decent enough players none of them have a clue where the net is. Not one of them has scored as many goals as they should have this season.

Can we afford to pay several million for Kent when he couldn't score in a brothel?

I really like the guy (scoring apart) but if he doesn't start scoring we're better spending that type of money elsewhere. We need players with scoring ability.

Really disappointed as we had the means to bury the opposition. IMO, the change began after we scored. Hibs came out in the 2nd half with the intention of roughing us up, and it worked. It worked for Motherwell earlier in the season and last week at Pittodrie. At least two of their fouls were red cards. But we can't continue to blame referees for our own shortcomings. He was dreadful but we have to win knowing that will be the case in most games. We had clear chances in the first half and only took one. By not killing teams off, it gives them the incentive to fight dirty with the hope of getting something out of the game. I thought we played well over all and were on the front foot, but by relentlessly on the receiving end of brutal challenges, some of our players became cautious and it slowed our game down. Kamara was strong and kept us going. However, most of the crosses into the Hibs box were overshot and wasted. We have to have a plan B. As for the Hibs fan attacking Tav, I genuinely believe Easter Rd needs to be closed for at least one game. Stevie G has to hammer home this message in Scotland.

We pissed all over this Hibs side. Totally rimmed them - didn't score the goals our play "deserved". And, didn't collect the points. OK.

"Team of bottlers' ??? You, sir, are a lady's front bottom. lady's front bottom
I'm not sure what to make of this :D

Our problem is that we are a very decent side for 45 minutes.
We need to progress to 90 minutes.
Another poster has said it was a game of two halves, that has been our problem for most of the season.

beelin' last night, but we're on the right track. Hunt in packs, close control and short, quick passing, good football. Reluctance to belt the ball from the edge of the box and missing sitters cost us. Sight of goal ?...put your laces through it instead of side foot placing it or passing the buck to another player. It will come good.....keep on, keeping on.

Hibs came out in the 2nd half with the intention of roughing us up, and it worked. It worked for Motherwell earlier in the season and last week at Pittodrie. At least two of their fouls were red cards. But we can't continue to blame referees for our own shortcomings. He was dreadful. By relentlessly on the receiving end of brutal challenges, some of our players became cautious and it slowed our game down.

I've quoted and highlighted part of your post as I thought it was mostly spot on. Hibs kicked us out of our game and this has happened and cost us points at Mwell, Aberdeen , Livingston and now hibs. Under normal circumstances I would advocate buying a few thugs to win these types of games if our players were allowed to dish out the same punishment. But as we have seen with Ryan Jack and Morelos, Rangers are not allowed to fight fire with fire. My conclusion is that we are being cheated by the referees and nothing is about to change. You can see the bewilderment in some of our players at the outrageous decisions they are on the end of and how suddenly the game can change because of the referees approach. Look at McGregor berating the ref after being kicked in the stomach. He was clearly shouting, "I get sent off for that".

the first half was as good as an away Rangers performance you'll see . total domination and some scintillating football .

the second half was the complete opposite . a clusterfuck .

images

I've quoted and highlighted part of your post as I thought it was mostly spot on. Hibs kicked us out of our game and this has happened and cost us points at Mwell, Aberdeen , Livingston and now hibs. Under normal circumstances I would advocate buying a few thugs to win these types of games if our players were allowed to dish out the same punishment. But as we have seen with Ryan Jack and Morelos, Rangers are not allowed to fight fire with fire. My conclusion is that we are being cheated by the referees and nothing is about to change. You can see the bewilderment in some of our players at the outrageous decisions they are on the end of and how suddenly the game can change because of the referees approach. Look at McGregor berating the ref after being kicked in the stomach. He was clearly shouting, "I get sent off for that".

Our players need to pressure the refs more when a bad tack happens. Create a scene so to speak..... they largely just accept it.

their goal was coming we cant kill teams off the other team nearly always gets a chance near the end of a game

Back