MOTM Poll Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After watching what happened in the semi, I reckon Gio will have them all fired up, I am expecting high press and tempo; we do that and the spoon burners will not live with us. Get It Done Rangers!
I agree it will be a completely different game with a completely different Rangers side.

I don't see Hibs upping their game like the semi. 4-0 Sakala

I don't know mate, like every other tinpot club they seem desperate to forge some sort of rivalry with Rangers. It won't be cup levels, but they'll definitely put more into the game than they would any other team.

Still, as long as our standards don't drop to the disgraceful scenes at the semi-final, we should be able to do more than enough to win.

Last edited:
Is boyle available for them tonight or was it only a one game suspension? Always a tough shift at easter road and dont exoect tonight to be any different.

Another cup final for the Leith junkies. Hopefully Gio saw enough at Hampden to come up with something, I m expecting to see a different Rangers tonight.
My main concern is the hope that Morelos doesn’t get drawn into any vendettas with that scumbag Porteous. If we can concentrate and play football there’s no reason why we can’t put them back in their box.

Yes, the ned & his boss tried to get Morelos a red at Hampden, something we never focussed on as our performance was so bad.

Forum innit. Place for opinions mate. Sorry you can't handle that.

Morelos and Barasic have been 2 of the most off form players all season. It doesn't mean I hate them or don't rate them. But it does mean I'd play other people for a while.

Barisic probably had his best game of the season on Sunday mate.

More chance of you starting at left back than Nathan.

Our defence still gives me the fear for a game like this tonight, Goldson is still playing rotten as the weekend once again showed. However, what an opportunity for this group of players to stand up and be counted, conduct themselves like Champions, play like Champions, take revenge on these spoon burning fucks and just keep the momentum under Gio building.

Anything less than 3 pts will be another let down from this group. Won't be the management's fault, it would rest with the players as its their own hunger that would be once again questioned.

A real tough game tonight against average opposition that you know will up their game levels a considerable amount because Rangers are in town.

One we must overcome and win. Certainly not going to be a walk in the park.

Got to keep the winning run under van Bronckhorst going.
I'm very glad I gave up biting my nails a few years ago because I reckon tonight I would have be chewing them all off. Even though I feel to win!

Hibs always seem to give us the harder tests IMO.

I view them as a tougher game than Celtic for example, so I think this will be a tight game and I’m hoping real McGregor is still in goal.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Borna

Arfield Kamara

Aribo Hagi Kent

Morelos.

2-0.

Alternatively, I think Hagi may miss out for Davis.

Can't really handle not beating a team with Paul McGinn in it twice in 10 days to be honest.

That fraud Jack Ross as well, criminal he knocked us out the cup when he couldn't beat that Celtic side last season in 4 attempts.

I am convinced he is scared to beat Celtic.

Hopefully Roy Makaay's coaching starts to pay off and we see more shots on target leading to more goals.
Players need to get shots away as soon as they can.

Sitting in 25 deg sunshine in Puerto del Carmen and looking forward to giving them a dull yin tonight. Same team as Livi except swap Kent for Sakala. Love Kent but no fully onit at the moment. Alfie owes Portious a rag dolling. Cmon the Gers

coming away with 6 points in the last two games would be a fantastic start to the GVB era. I know im stating the obvious but alot of people wont have predicted maximum points.

“There have been a bit of an edge to the games in recent times and I would expect that to be the same. That helps players because I’d imagine atmosphere-wise at Easter Road it will lend itself to hopefully the same type of game as we saw at Hampden" - Jack Ross

Not this time pal, very different Rangers and an altogether different match for you to deal with. I anticipate a post match tirade about Officials and Rangers being lucky.

So be it.

For those asking, Boyle is defo back although in many preview articles hes listed, incorrectly, as unavailable.

Time for Fashion to shine from the start and win us 3 very important points.

Hibs will fancy it tonight no doubt.... faith in Gio to set the wrongs right of 10 days ago... take a 1-0 :)
I don’t think they will be tbh. Last week they were totally outclassed by Ross County, County missed about five absolute sitters. Then on the weekend they were getting beat before St Johnstone got a sending off.

They are in terrible league form, think they’ve lost five out of the last six or something. Even their cup win at Hampden was really a smash and grab type of win.

I think there fans will have the fear especially if we take an early lead.

They will no doubt have their tails up after the semi final. We are a different animal tonight and I expect a return of 3 points. Clean sheet would be nice too.

Is Balogun available tonight? I’d love him back and Bassey at LB.
Roofe is apparently back in training but Balogun is still out, he was a big part of the problem in the last game against hibs. How Bassey and Barisic deal with Nisbet and Boyle could be key tonight

Roofe is apparently back in training but Balogun I still out, he was a big part of the problem in the last game against hibs. How Bassey and Barisic deal with Nisbet and Boyle could be key tonight
Barisic simply has to do more to stop crosses coming in. Bassey's pace could be a real asset to help out Borna.

I don’t think they will be tbh. Last week they were totally outclassed by Ross County, County missed about five absolute sitters. Then on the weekend they were getting beat before St Johnstone got a sending off.

They are in terrible league form, think they’ve lost five out of the last six or something. Even their cup win at Hampden was really a smash and grab type of win.

I think there fans will have the fear especially if we take an early lead.
I saw on Saturday they did have 2 goals chopped prior to the equalisier... just after the cup semi I don't think they will fear us sadly. Different Rangers now, hope we pump them!

I'm sure I read on here last week it was Madden.

Ah ok. Trying to think about cards bets. Walsh is the best for just reffing the game and giving cards out when they are required. Madden is in the ‘manage the game’ style refs who can ignore early challenges etc.

Very tough game tonight.Hibs will be right up for it again.Just hope we can do defend better than the semi final,couple of weeks ago.

Any win and clean sheet be great tonight however I’d love to give them a proper doing! Fancy Tav for a goal tonight for some reason..

Back