Match Thread ** Hibernian v Rangers - Sky Sports **

That was really hard going at times (probably 90 mins all in) but great to see some heart in the team again and the resolve to hold them off the way we did. Great three points.
I agree.
We've done great getting 4 wins out of the last 4. Its like we've traded in a chunk of our possession play and some tendency to fanny about for the ability to win games. I'll take it.
However, I still wish we could be much more convincing.

Poor performance overall but superb that we managed to grind out a result in the end. Credit to murty for bringing on bates and moving to a back 5.

Holt motm for me. Albeit Wes also a very valid shout.

A lot of bad performances most notably alves, barjonas, candeias and morelos.

Apart from individual performances, id like us to:
- play windass off the striker (albeit not immediately sure who plays left wing)
- stop the opposition crossing into our box (id be interested to see stats on the average number of crosses we have allowed into our box per game - it must be really high compared with others)

We didn't sit back, we were pegged back by their use of wide men, that's the reason Murty went 5 at the back.

in that second half we pretty much sat back for most of it, everytime we managed to get the ball up to there half, we had no midfield, there was a huge gap between the frontmen and the defence, which is why we kept on giving them the ball back and inviting them on to us..

still its the result that counts, and its another 3 points, we rode our luck big style and we deserve some luck coming our way.

What a result
That commentary was up there with the most biased Ive ever heard. No credit for the winners it was as if Walker and Crocker where choking on their tears. GIFRUY

Walker, in the first half, clearly thought we were onto a hiding so conceded that the shirt pull should have been a penalty for us.

After we took the lead, it was never mentioned again. The mask slipped and we're into full-blown big bad cheating Rangers.

And as for lennon. Very short memory considering he got away with a free red card which gained him a result. He's laughable but it is dangerous as ref criticism is designed to get us dealt with more harshly than other teams - and it works.

That was simply feckin brilliant. You can't beat a hard fought win against those w*nkers. Well done Murty and the players.

Not the first time this old Bear has seen us come away from Easter Road with a victory after a backs to the wall job. That is what we have missed for many a long day. A Rangers team that is far from brilliant but one that is willing to "fight 'til the day is done". Not our best performance but that was our best result of the season. A very sweet victory, especially in the circumstances. Well done the teddy bears. WATP

Amazing feeling
Offshore for the last 4,wins
The mcinnes pish shook me a wee bit
But the swagger is back

Full points at pittodrie an Easter road
With 10 men an injuries an suspensions
Fantastic effort

Can’t believe how much windass has improved
Massive well done
I’m now gutted he misses the Motherwell game

I wouldn't say that was fun, but it will do!!! Great fight Gers. We've clearly gained a back bone in the last few weeks.

Virgin broadband are b.astards, went down just before kickoff and just came back on raging! :mad:

Fantastic result, WATP :p

Well played Danny Wilson absolutely sooperb tonight

Wes good as well

I need a Sidiki to calm me down :eek:

How the eff did Morelos miss those headers - I'm sure Cummings or Moult would have buried them - he scores the second one it's game over

Amazing feeling
Offshore for the last 4,wins
The mcinnes pish shook me a wee bit
But the swagger is back

Full points at pittodrie an Easter road
With 10 men an injuries an suspensions
Fantastic effort

Can’t believe how much windass has improved
Massive well done
I’m now gutted he misses the Motherwell game

Any chance you can stay offshore for the next four games?

Xmas is overrated anyway! :D

Sky are sad bastards, Showing replay after replay of the Bates ball to arm and totally ignoring McCrorie being pulled back in the box in the first half by his jumper from behind, No doubt it will be all the talking points and headlines tomorrow of how Hibs were cheated and done to take the shine of a great result tonight.

What also was Boyd on about saying he was keeping out of it in case something more comes out of it, Does he actually think the game will be replayed or Bates will get a ban ffs. Nothing will come out of it.

I'd just like to point out this clown has said nothing since full time. Wake up to this guy admin.

I've said plenty.

Shocking performance. Wrong team selection. Wrong substitutions. But a great win and ultimately that's all that matters.

I think we are all agreed on that tonight.

Due to 2 programmes being recorded, couldn't watch last half hour and knowing how negative FF CAN be, didn't come on here.
In 1 st hour, I was very impressed with Wes, Wilson, McCrorie and Holt. Thought Morelos poor control,Candeias disinterested, Alves and John toiling defensively. Barjonas can pick a pass.
Well done the Teddies !

Ive been running about all day doing favours for the non retired today. Knackered.

Sat down to watch the match, trying to chill,....well that went well.
Nerve wracking 94 min, two excellent goals, big Wes putting some of his critics back in their box. A match we would have lost on 8 out of 10 times recently, but defended stoutly and sends out a message to our enemies and a subtle one to our Board.
I am buzzin, delighted for everybody.
Travelling Bears magnificent, safe journey home.

Just to finish off a great night a little song for our own Buffalo Moreles

And a wee song for Murty.

And for the Rangers fans at Easter road tonight

Last edited:
Hibs had a few half chances, but teams usually do when they are a goal down at home in the second half.

Thought we were reasonably solid in the second half, and Windass under Murty (or just played in his actual position, up front) is looking brilliant.

Another 3 wins before the tims please

Back