Match Thread ** Hibernian v Rangers - Sky Sports **

Job done

St Johnstone then Motherwell, 2 wins and we keep the slightest of pressure on the bheasts
St Johnstone then Kilmarnock next up actually. But with Celtic away to an in form Hearts and then Sheep - with a prickly Thistle in between, I’m hoping we can close the gap a bit more.

Another 3 points in the bag, but we defo need a cpl of full backs soon. The amount of crosses that were coming in is pretty worrying. Seems we have a bit of bite in our game now, that was missing before. Well done Murty and the boys. Thank you Fod. Great, Great result.

This wasn't the best we have played all season, in fact we could have been more than 1 goal down in that first half but this was a good old fashioned grind.

To win at places like Easter Road you don't need silk, you need steel and winning ugly. This was exactly that and what we have failed to do for such a long time.

Playing the diamond shape leaves the flanks vulnerable...Graeme knew that but rolled the dice and came out top.Both Graeme and Jonat put a lot of preparation into their tactical approach tonight looking at How Hibs might line up and how to counter them.

Another 3 points in the bag, but we defo need a cpl of full backs soon. The amount of crosses that were coming in is pretty worrying. Seems we have a bit of bite in our game now, that was missing before. Well done Murty and the boys. Thank you Fod. Great, Great result.

To be fair, most of that was coming from the midfield. McGinn and McGeough had complete control.

Hopefully some of our injured players are back soon, especially Dorrans.

Just especially for the unwashed lurkers on here.

Your team of world class players worth £40m each managed to take a huge one point from Hibs.. The Rangers with a weakened team with many injury's and giving Hibs a 1 goal start managed to take all three points. Even tried to give Hibs a penalty but brother Clancy wasn't having it.

Playing the diamond shape leaves the flanks vulnerable...Graeme knew that but rolled the dice and came out top.Both Graeme and Jonat put a lot of preparation into their tactical approach tonight looking at How Hibs might line up and how to counter them.

To be fair the diamond didn't last long

Don’t post much , But that was F%#%# Brilliant: Pen decision is only decision that’s went our way this season : Great to see ginger Niel taking it so well !!

Great result.
Not much goodwill or credit being given to the team that had to be altered once again before and early during the match. Unable to field a settled side for a few weeks now for variety of reasons but the squad has done the business, even if not pretty. GIRFUY ya moaning faced bassas.

To be fair, most of that was coming from the midfield. McGinn and McGeough had complete control.

Hopefully some of our injured players are back soon, especially Dorrans.
Thought we made McGinn ordinary compared to how he bossed Lego, our problem was the flanks where they had 2 speed merchants. We coped but :D

"Steel and Resilience" from Murty's interview is the difference in the last 4 games. We can now dig in by the looks of it and make our own luck...the first sign of a true Rangers side.

Thought we made McGinn ordinary compared to how he bossed Lego, our problem was the flanks where they had 2 speed merchants. We coped but :D

I thought McGinn was dominant in the centre. Fortunately his passing tonight was very mixed, and he lost the ball a lot.

I asked at the time on here but never got a answer.

What did the banner say that we unfurled?

We looked all over the place at times but we dug in, battled away and got a result. Considering the players that were unavailable and the fact most of us didn't expect a victory we should be happy with the outcome.
We all know we have a lot of improving to do but getting one over that wee scumbag will do me.
Happy days.

Barker had a field day down our right flank. Alves and Wilson, and most especially Wes, saved our bacon second half.

Agree we kept potato head McGinn quieter than he has been normally, though. Credit to both Holt and McCrorie for that

Thats me Just in :)

What can i say, absolutely sensational! Brilliant atmosphere from start to finish and some fucking result.

Take that popcorn teeth and you spoon burning bastards!

Just in from the game.

Absolutely mental 3-4 minutes before half time. The reaction from our support was as wild as I've seen in a long time.

Nerve shredding second half.

Don't know how the hell we held on. Don't really care.

Absolutely outstanding from our support after the final whistle and for the 10 minutes leaving the ground.

Superb 3 points given how stretched our squad was. Onwards and upwards.

We Are The People.

I'm just watchin the replay of the game on sky now and the passing again is abysmal and its only 9 mins in.

They've just scored tae. Nae composure by us on the ball, we cannae wait tae pass it instead of moving wi it and looking tae get it to a teammate.

As an Edinburgh Bear that was a sweet experience, as was dominating the length of Easter Road before and after. Hivs neds nowhere to be found. Our city whever we want it.

I've got to hand it to Bates (pun intended), he has come in from the cold in his last couple of games and given very mature assured performances. :D

As an Edinburgh Bear that was a sweet experience, as was dominating the length of Easter Road before and after. Hivs neds nowhere to be found. Our city whever we want it.

I was deep undercover on a freebie hospitality night in the West stand c/o my son winning a Marathonbet competition. Safe to say the majority of the home fans were less than happy at the result at the end of the game - which was nice! They weren't even that bothered about the 'penalty' - I think they knew their goose was cooked regardless.

Chuffed to chunks to take the three points but by feck that was a tough watch for the last half hour or so. Don't think we managed to string more than 3 or 4 passes together. It's okay to maintain the lead and play defensively, but just launching the ball every time we had it gives me the fear! For me we were giving them far too much space and just letting them come at us again and again.

I was deep undercover on a freebie hospitality night in the West stand c/o my son winning a Marathonbet competition. Safe to say the majority of the home fans were less than happy at the result at the end of the game - which was nice! They weren't even that bothered about the 'penalty' - I think they knew their goose was cooked regardless.

Any good videoes of the celebrations? ;)

Due to our lads taking turns to press him, IMO you are not dominant when your passing is mixed and lose the ball a lot.

disagree - felt like mainly unforced errors. I thought he had a poor game, given the amount of ball time he was getting.

disagree - felt like mainly unforced errors. I thought he had a poor game, given the amount of ball time he was getting.

It's ok to disagree, but dominant, does not mean having plenty of the ball and committing unforced errors. He never hurt us once.
If Jason Holt or Ryan Jack had played in a side with so much of the ball and done nothing with it they would be slaughtered on here.

It's ok to disagree, but dominant, does not mean having plenty of the ball and committing unforced errors. He never hurt us once.
If Jason Holt or Ryan Jack had played in a side with so much of the ball and done nothing with it they would be slaughtered on here.

yeah, realise it's a bit of contradiction, I guess more than he looked like the main man in the middle of the park, but wasted the opportunity.

Back