Hibs And Their Ridiculous Attendance Figures.

borderbear

Official Ticketer
Gave their official attendance today at over 15000. Mate who goes regularly to Easter Road said there was no more than 8000 today. Watching sportscene and the ground looks empty.
They must have a fair number of season ticket holders who can’t be ars@d going if that’s how they do their count.

Surely it can't be right that well over half their season ticket holders all decided not to turn up all on the same day.

FOI requests only apply to the government not private companies surely? Unless this is a “whoosh” moment!!
Not a whoosh moment

Yes you can put in request for it to Police Scotland and you might a answer has happened in the past with attendances at Ibrox and Celtic was posted on here on the previous board

Unless that has since changed ?

Last edited:
The Nazis stormtroopers can advise under an FoI as they need the actual numbers in luring players,staff and hospitality in the event of a major disaster.

Never understood this in football. Isn’t there someone looking for the tax from 15000 people then if they fake this?

Not a whoosh moment

Yes you can put in request for it and you might a answer has happened in the past with attendances at Ibrox and Celtic was posted on here on the previous board

Unless that has since changed ?

If that’s the case, possibly Police Scotland can be hit with a FOI Request. Maybe they keep figures of attendances. They must have to know how many officers to send.

Happens all time, even we do it

Seats is sold and therefore can be counted

FOI request will show true attendance if asked for it
The seat sub is a good money maker for the club as they make a bit of money on top for the seat that the season ticket holder has already paid for.

Happens all time, even we do it

Seats is sold and therefore can be counted

FOI request to Police Scotland will show true attendance if asked for it
While watching the game on Wednesday night I'm sure I saw their electronic display showing an attendance of 17,200 but there was never that number in the ground. As you say seats sold including season ticket holders who don't turn up are counted in the club's "official attendance".

The seat sub is a good money maker for the club as they make a bit of money on top for the seat that the season ticket holder has already paid for.
Yes provided the STH has put up for resale via that system, still those that don't do or you see smartcard/s been sold elsewhere for it

Gave their official attendance today at over 15000. Mate who goes regularly to Easter Road said there was no more than 8000 today. Watching sportscene and the ground looks empty.
They must have a fair number of season ticket holders who can’t be ars@d going if that’s how they do their count.
sounds like another spl team

While watching the game on Wednesday night I'm sure I saw their electronic display showing an attendance of 17,200 but there was never that number in the ground. As you say seats sold including season ticket holders who don't turn up are counted in the club's "official attendance".
Yes they did of that figure there was 3800 Rangers fans

In complete fairness I’m not going to laugh at the other clubs in the division who are making a fist of it.

If Hearts and Hibs can pull in 15-16,000 every week, those are some really decent attendances.

More disappointing are Aberdeen’s numbers, a club who struggle to reach five figures for games without the OF.

After that though we’re down to non league level stats in England.

BBC did foi a couple of years ago for the English Premiership. The actual average attendances were thousands below the quoted figures, main culprits Man City & West Ham. It's just the way it is.

Was out with the father in law a couple of weeks ago (Hibs season ticket holder) and some of his pals. They can't stand Jack Ross, and he doesn't actually go as a result despite having a season ticket.

Was out with the father in law a couple of weeks ago (Hibs season ticket holder) and some of his pals. They can't stand Jack Ross, and he doesn't actually go as a result despite having a season ticket.
Their style of play under him is truly awful. I wouldn't be surprised if his brand of football is giving people a second thought about turning up or not.

Tramps

Not going because he hates the manager. Yet still splashed out hundreds of pounds for a ticket?
That'll show the board.

I posted on Fb about their poor tkt uptake at the semi fianal and said they would be wanting 50/50 split if they beat us....

Only fans to bite were Aberdeen fans...

On eposting,i wonder what the transport links were for that day....

I replied on Thursday at about the amount of empty seats against us...

Was this due to transport links for a home match.

Couldn't believe the amount of empty seats there midweek against us.

Considering they'd just got a result against us in the cup too. Pretty poor.

I guess natural order being restored in both of Scotlands main cities has devastated their enthusiasm too, which is nice..

Not going because he hates the manager. Yet still splashed out hundreds of pounds for a ticket?
That'll show the board.
You have presumed he isn't going out of protest, which is not the case. He still buys a season ticket every year as he has for decades to support the club. He just can't bear to watch them when they are so awful to watch, when he could be spending precious time with his grandkids (understandable for a guy of 80+). He isn't doing it as any kind of message to the club.

It did say something like that and the junkies applauded having an attendance over 3k below capacity against the biggest Club in the country.

Back