Hibs are the 2nd best team in Scotland right now

Tailwind

That might change. I am not saying they are going to be there for sure in May.

But we have to acknowledge they are the 2nd best team in Scotland right now. Celtic have fallen back right if not into the pack, close enough to the pack.

Just something to be aware of. Our biggest challenge may come from Edinburgh or Dundee this season. Its not a foregone conclusion that it comes from Ireland, sorry, the east end of Glasgow.

Next up, the second best team in Scotland. I hope our players play like that's the case. If they do, Rangers win all the way.

Edit: to add italics. Otherwise not making the point I intended. Poorly worded post due to being a bit too happy.

Last edited:
3rd best definitely. They’ve got a very good choice of players and seem to hold on to their important guys more often than not. They have the edge over us in terms of attacking options and look most likely to give Rangers problems.

3rd best definitely. They’ve got a very good choice of players and seem to hold on to their important guys more often than not. They have the edge over us in terms of attacking options and look most likely to give Rangers problems.
I like you as a poster.

Think you are pretty sound and reasoned.

So you think

Rangers, Hibs, Celtic, Hearts. Hard as this it to probably admit.

Make no mistake this will be a real tough game next Sunday.

Will take any Rangers win right now going into what i assume is another international break.

Why Hibs?
They still have to play us and Celtic.
Hearts have already beaten Celtic.
Fair point.

Just my feeling. I note jambo grudgingly appears to feel the same.

Thats whats exciting. For Scottish football

Hibs, Hearts, celtic and DU should all be thinking 2nd is an option. Aberdeen should have done too, but they started so badly... maybe not

Aye mate, as poor as Celtic are they are still the second best team but I’d fancy Hibs to take them any day of the week right now.
I wish I could be as honest as you.

I know I'm loathe to give my biggest rivals any credit. But all shit giving aside. I genuinely think Rangers win the league somewhere between 10 and 20 points. All depends on us. Carry on like this, 10. Get our act together. 20.

But 2, 3, 4, is all to play for.

Celtic should be too good. But based on what I've seen. Force me to pick. I don't think they do it. There's 2 or 4 teams can get 2nd and it's not the foregone conclusion it should be.

Fair point.

Hibs, hearts, celtic and DU should all be thinking 2nd is an option. Aberdeen should have done too, but they started so badly... maybe not
Apologies Jambo, just saw I didn't capitalise your clubs name and I did the scum clubs.

Fat fingers. Not intentional.

Fair point.

Hibs, Hearts, celtic and DU should all be thinking 2nd is an option. Aberdeen should have done too, but they started so badly... maybe not
Do you really see DU up there ?

Said in another thread that I think hearts will be more consistent than hibs, hibs have the ability to beat any team including us but I also think they are more culpable to dropping points than what hearts are and they will both finish above that shower.

Was going to make a similar comment in the 6 points ahead thread. We might need to look elsewhere for the challengers this season.

Do you really see DU up there ?
No.

But.

They are the only team who played both the old firm. And have 4 points?

If I was pushed? Rangers. Hibs. Celtic or Hearts. DU will be in there around Hearts based only on the fact they take points off the most moneyed teams in the league.

Hibs, despite their good start, without penalties would be incredibly worse off. I fear Hearts more. Dundee United have started well.

I'll suggest that 6 points from our next two league matches, combined with the enablers dropping points again, would deliver a huge blow for the scum across the way. I doubt it would be one they'd recover from.

Hibs and Hearts will fall away. If we finish above Celtic we’ll be champions. We also need to improve our own performances and really start ramping up the pressure now.

I wish I could be as honest as you.

I know I'm loathe to give my biggest rivals any credit. But all shit giving aside. I genuinely think Rangers win the league somewhere between 10 and 20 points. All depends on us. Carry on like this, 10. Get our act together. 20.

But 2, 3, 4, is all to play for.

Celtic should be too good. But based on what I've seen. Force me to pick. I don't think they do it. There's 2 or 4 teams can get 2nd and it's not the foregone conclusion it should be.
I do see a double figures margin come the end of the season. Take the Dundee United game out of it and despite poor performances you still get the job done. Once everything clicks again it could be a real charge to the title.

1. Rangers
2. Celtic (12-15 points behind)
3. Hibs (10-12 further back)
4. Hearts (within 6 of Hibs)

That’s my hunch but after only 7 games it can all change rapidly.

We will need to buck up our ideas big time. Play like we did yesterday and Hibs will be top of the league on Sunday night.

Aye mate, as poor as Celtic are they are still the second best team but I’d fancy Hibs to take them any day of the week right now.
Celtic haven't won an away league game since valentines day and are sitting 6th in the league. They have a thread bare squad who's bench is made up of kids and rejects. I'd make an argument that they are nowhere near the second best team in Scotland

I do see a double figures margin come the end of the season. Take the Dundee United game out of it and despite poor performances you still get the job done. Once everything clicks again it could be a real charge to the title.

1. Rangers
2. Celtic (12-15 points behind)
3. Hibs (10-12 further back)
4. Hearts (within 6 of Hibs)

That’s my hunch but after only 7 games it can all change rapidly.
I'm not even being a shit stirrer anymore.

My imaginary money is on Hibs.

Rangers clear and free. A pack of 3-4 fighting for 2nd. And I don't back Celtic to be 2nd. In the bunch. But not nosing ahead.

We will need to buck up our ideas big time. Play like we did yesterday and Hibs will be top of the league on Sunday night.
They might be. I agree. But only one team will be top in May. One of 3 or 4 teams will be second though. Its really interesting

That might change. I am not saying they are going to be there for sure in May.

But we have to acknowledge they are the 2nd best team in Scotland right now. Celtic have fallen back right if not into the pack, close enough to the pack.

Just something to be aware of. Our biggest challenge may come from Edinburgh or Dundee this season. Its not a foregone conclusion that it comes from Ireland, sorry, the east end of Glasgow.

Next up, the second best team in Scotland. I hope our players play like that's the case. If they do, Rangers win all the way.

Edit: to add italics. Otherwise not making the point I intended. Poorly worded post due to being a bit too happy.
Who's the best?

Have no problem helping Erskine but would never bet on Celtic but that’s my gut feeling.
Cool. Fair point

Let each give a tenner to Erskine and the loser has to do press ups or send the winner a pint or something. (I'm in Portugal now and England later and I guess you are in Glasgow?)

Have no problem helping Erskine but would never bet on Celtic but that’s my gut feeling.
Actually. I had a better idea.

If Celtic finish second, I'll buy your son a Rangers shirt? If not... don't actually care

Flick the vickys at the next Celtic fan you see

Back