Hibs are the 2nd best team in Scotland right now

I like you as a poster.

Think you are pretty sound and reasoned.

So you think

Rangers, Hibs, Celtic, Hearts. Hard as this it to probably admit.
Feels like a bit of a love in as I type this but I agree re Jambo. When we get reasoned fans of other clubs on the forum, it adds to the value of it in my opinion. I’d like to see them finish second to be honest.

Celtic haven't won an away league game since valentines day and are sitting 6th in the league. They have a thread bare squad who's bench is made up of kids and rejects. I'd make an argument that they are nowhere near the second best team in Scotland
Can’t and won’t disagree with that at this moment mate, as I said I think Hibs beat them home or away right now and I’d fancy us to also be taking points off them.

I’m just having a hard time putting The Hobos on too high a pedestal for now :p

I'm not even being a shit stirrer anymore.

My imaginary money is on Hibs.

Rangers clear and free. A pack of 3-4 fighting for 2nd. And I don't back Celtic to be 2nd. In the bunch. But not nosing ahead.
I’ve just had a look at their fixtures. Fir Park is a sticky one and the 27th at Easter Road has ‘day of reckoning’ all over it. Could be a midweek Halloween horror show to put another nail in Ange’s coffin.

Rangers also have tough games but 3 at home in October so it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine you bagging 10-12 points depending on Euro hangovers.

October is always nut-cutting time.

I thought last season they were a couple of players short of being able to stay a bit longer during the run in. While I don't think they re good enough to still be there come May it will be healthy if them and Hearts can be above the Dhims come May

Not sure why the OP mentions Dundee. Motherwell are better than Dundee Utd in my opinion.

Matches v Hibs are usually entertaining so should be a good game. Big match before then though.

Noticed Barrie McKay seems to be having an impact at Tynecastle.

Domestically, October will be a very interesting month.

Last edited:
I'd say Hearts are better at this moment. Hibs struggled today while Hearts dispatched Livingston without too much bother. Hibs weave pretty patterns but when the chips are down I think Hearts are more ruthless and as I said in another thread, I think it's the Protestant work ethic lol

%^*&! 3pm kick off and treating it like an old firm will probably mean I will be bladdered by kick off! Maybe if Celic never stole their team all those years ago then this would be the actual old firm. Inception battle fever commenced.

Due to their lack of depth, and this applies to all underneath us, they will struggle at some point and drop off.
I said last season that Hibs would be our closest challenge. Mainly due to their rough and ready tactics and a sloped pitch, but it may be Hearts, as they have already turned over the jungles and Tynecastle is a tough venue for us at times too.
I expect us to put both to the sword in the next couple of league games and push on from there.

%^*& Hibs. 6 penalty’s so far this season, their penalty today was a disgrace and this is coming from a team who’s support constantly claim they are hard done by refs.They’ve also got the worst diver in the country playing for them.

I hope we batter them in the league and dump them out the cup.

%^*& Hibs. 6 penalty’s so far this season, their penalty today was a disgrace and this is coming from a team who’s support constantly claim they are hard done by refs.They’ve also got the worst diver in the country playing for them.

I hope we batter them in the league and dump them out the cup.
Sounds very much like the Celtic team that used to be our greatest challenge. Dodgy decisions, divers etc B-D

3rd best definitely. They’ve got a very good choice of players and seem to hold on to their important guys more often than not. They have the edge over us in terms of attacking options and look most likely to give Rangers problems.

I'm suprised that you think that mate.

With your additions of Woodburn and wee Barrie, plus Boyce regularly banging in the goals, I'd say Hearts look a far more dangerous side than Hibs.
Especially with big Doidge still being out injured.

Hibs were lucky yesterday and fortunate to get a draw with St Mirren at Easter Rd last week too.

For me, Hearts are currently the better of the 2 Edinburgh sides.

Always think Ross is a bit of a fraud and a wannabe Rodgers. Lucked out on some decisions he’s made recently:

He was about to punt Scott Allan to St Mirren last month and due to injuries he has came back in and now first name on team sheet.

hivs are indeed 2nd best at the moment with more than a little help from john beaton , a ref who's decisions should be closely monitored...

I'm suprised that you think that mate.

With your additions of Woodburn and wee Barrie, plus Boyce regularly banging in the goals, I'd say Hearts look a far more dangerous side than Hibs.
Especially with big Doidge still being out injured.

Hibs were lucky yesterday and fortunate to get a draw with St Mirren at Easter Rd last week too.

For me, Hearts are currently the better of the 2 Edinburgh sides.
The good thing about us mate is we have goals from different areas of the pitch. If Cochrane and Smith can chip in now and again as well as Boyce continually sticking away penalties and his chances when he gets them, get Woodburn firing and we are in good shape.

Boyle and Scott Allan walk into our team though imo.

3rd best definitely. They’ve got a very good choice of players and seem to hold on to their important guys more often than not. They have the edge over us in terms of attacking options and look most likely to give Rangers problems.
The pace of Boyle to be fair gives most teams something to think about and the counter suits them at Ibrox.

The good thing about us mate is we have goals from different areas of the pitch. If Cochrane and Smith can chip in now and again as well as Boyce continually sticking away penalties and his chances when he gets them, get Woodburn firing and we are in good shape.

Boyle and Scott Allan walk into our team though imo.

Scott Allan is a Turnbull like player for me.

Nice on the ball given time, but an absolute passenger when the opposition have possession.

Tbh, I thought you played them off the park for over an hour, a couple of weeks ago at Tynecastle.

Back