Hibs are the deciding vote in all this

It might be a nice two fingers to Hearts but it means 4 big derby matches they won't be playing next season including two sell out fixtures at Easter Road. Hearts going down makes no financial sense for Hibs.

Does it make sense for them to go against their fans that want them to vote Hearts down? They would happily sacrifice a season without the derby to get one over, it's what a tinpot club does.

It might be a nice two fingers to Hearts but it means 4 big derby matches they won't be playing next season including two sell out fixtures at Easter Road. Hearts going down makes no financial sense for Hibs.

And you never know when, or even if, they will return. It’s not necessarily immediately Dave.

Could cost Hibs easily over half a million.

Ross County with deciding vote. Fuxake. You couldn’t make this nonsense up

I think you are misunderstanding the vote. The Championship is where it will be decided. Probably by ICT, since Thistle and Dundee have already said they will vote against. Only needs 1 more.

All 42 clubs vote, in 3 voting blocks. To pass the vote needs approval by 75% (9-3) in the Premier League, 75% (8-2) in the Championship and 75% (15-5) in the combined League 1/2.

If the plan passes the lower leagues end immediately and the SPFL Board is given the authority to terminate the Premier League any old time they want without another vote.

Does it make sense for them to go against their fans that want them to vote Hearts down? They would happily sacrifice a season without the derby to get one over, it's what a tinpot club does.

I am sure the majority of Hibs fans would miss the Hearts matches. There will be a vocal minority who will be shouting to screw Hearts over but they would miss those games and it would hit their pockets in the long run.

You never know though.

And you never know when, or even if, they will return. It’s not necessarily immediately Dave.

Could cost Hibs easily over half a million.

They may see it as a gamble worth taking - Hearts went straight back up the last time I think. Hopefully not - you'd like to think Budge would not be too proud to pick up the phone and have a chat to her Hibs counterpart.

I am sure the majority of Hibs fans would miss the Hearts matches. There will be a vocal minority who will be shouting to screw Hearts over but they would miss those games and it would hit their pockets in the long run.

You never know though.

They may see it as a gamble worth taking - Hearts went straight back up the last time I think. Hopefully not - you'd like to think Budge would not be too proud to pick up the phone and have a chat to her Hibs counterpart.

The prize money difference alone between 6th & 7th was around 150k, and then factoring in Hearts matches ? My thought is that the Petrie factor has kicked in.

I think you are misunderstanding the vote. The Championship is where it will be decided. Probably by ICT, since Thistle and Dundee have already said they will vote against. Only needs 1 more.

All 42 clubs vote, in 3 voting blocks. To pass the vote needs approval by 75% (9-3) in the Premier League, 75% (8-2) in the Championship and 75% (15-5) in the combined League 1/2.

If the plan passes the lower leagues end immediately and the SPFL Board is given the authority to terminate the Premier League any old time they want without another vote.
Nerves are shattered mate. Thanks for the clarity. Bonkers times indeed

I don’t think it’ll get past the lower leagues. Even the daily records own predictions says theyll come up short but for some reason they haven’t mentioned it. They need 15 votes from the bottom two divisions, they have 11 for and there’s 3 undeclared. 14 max.
I’m not puting much trust in the records judgement but based on those assumptions it will fail.

DUMBARTON - NO

Manager Jim Duffy: “I do not think this is the right time to make this decision. We are a month into the shutdown and we can wait another month before deciding this. We can play midweek to catch up.”

EAST FIFE - NO

Manager Darren Young: “If the final games in the Premiership can potentially be played then the games in the Champion- ship, League One and League Two can potentially be played.”

FALKIRK - NO

Chairman Gary Deans said: “We can’t vote for it in its current state. We thought we had a great chance to win the league. My question to the SPFL is, ‘Why are we reaching a decision so quickly, whilst we don’t have to reach a decision for the Premiership until later?”

MONTROSE - NO

A spokesman said: “We believe there would be an integrity issue if teams were relegated with a quarter of the season to go.”

STRANRAER - NO

Manager Stephen Farrell: “We are totally against it and believe forcing Stranraer into relegation is unfair. We are eight points behind Forfar with a game in hand and six of our final nine games at home. There has to be more work put in to come up with a Plan B as Plan A is unacceptable.”

AIRDRIEONIANS - UNDECIDED

Director of football Stuart Millar last night said: “We’ll make a final decision on Friday as we need to fully investigate this proposal while looking at what alternatives could be available.”

Votes needed: 8

Yes: 4

No: 5

Undeclared: 1

EDINBURGH CITY - NO

Boss James McDonaugh said: “I don’t think it is fair there are three different outcomes for teams at the bottom. Partick and Stranraer are set to be relegated whereas Hearts could play on and Brechin do not face a play-off. This does not feel right.”

QUEEN’S PARK - UNDECIDED

President Gerry Crawley said: “I would have preferred a robust discussion on reconstruction and the implementation of three leagues of 14 clubs before voting on this.”

STENHOUSEMUIR - UNDECIDED

Chief executive Jamie Swinney said: “We would like to see what other options are available before deciding finally.”

Yes: 7

No: 1

Undeclared: 2

Becaus
Why would any of the club's In the championship play off places vote for this. Also league 1 and 2
They have been bullied and threatened that if they don’t agree the SPFL “can’t make any payments to them” for weeks or months. Rangers proposal says naw, pay some money out now and we’ll sort out the finer details in the next week.

I don’t think it’ll get past the lower leagues. Even the daily records own predictions says theyll come up short but for some reason they haven’t mentioned it. They need 15 votes from the bottom two divisions, they have 11 for and there’s 3 undeclared. 14 max.
I’m not puting much trust in the records judgement but based on those assumptions it will fail.

DUMBARTON - NO

Manager Jim Duffy: “I do not think this is the right time to make this decision. We are a month into the shutdown and we can wait another month before deciding this. We can play midweek to catch up.”

EAST FIFE - NO

Manager Darren Young: “If the final games in the Premiership can potentially be played then the games in the Champion- ship, League One and League Two can potentially be played.”

FALKIRK - NO

Chairman Gary Deans said: “We can’t vote for it in its current state. We thought we had a great chance to win the league. My question to the SPFL is, ‘Why are we reaching a decision so quickly, whilst we don’t have to reach a decision for the Premiership until later?”

MONTROSE - NO

A spokesman said: “We believe there would be an integrity issue if teams were relegated with a quarter of the season to go.”

STRANRAER - NO

Manager Stephen Farrell: “We are totally against it and believe forcing Stranraer into relegation is unfair. We are eight points behind Forfar with a game in hand and six of our final nine games at home. There has to be more work put in to come up with a Plan B as Plan A is unacceptable.”

AIRDRIEONIANS - UNDECIDED

Director of football Stuart Millar last night said: “We’ll make a final decision on Friday as we need to fully investigate this proposal while looking at what alternatives could be available.”

Yes: 4

No: 5

Undeclared: 1

EDINBURGH CITY - NO

Boss James McDonaugh said: “I don’t think it is fair there are three different outcomes for teams at the bottom. Partick and Stranraer are set to be relegated whereas Hearts could play on and Brechin do not face a play-off. This does not feel right.”

QUEEN’S PARK - UNDECIDED

President Gerry Crawley said: “I would have preferred a robust discussion on reconstruction and the implementation of three leagues of 14 clubs before voting on this.”

STENHOUSEMUIR - UNDECIDED

Chief executive Jamie Swinney said: “We would like to see what other options are available before deciding finally.”

Yes: 7

No: 1

Undeclared: 2

Makes for embarrassing reading for the SPFL. A complete and utter farce.

Makes for embarrassing reading for the SPFL. A complete and utter farce.
The Championship are a disgrace too. League One seems like the only league with any morals. Middle of the pyramid, not much to gain or lose, maybe it takes a position like that to ensure a measure of decency and principles of fairness.

Back