Hibs defending last night

Unsurprisingly they play football like a terrible version of a Roberto Martinez team,

Given that,

A: I don't really rate Martinez as a coach
B: they don't have players the talent of Belgium to pull it off and work around that,

they are going to find bother often IMO.

Playing out from the back against teams who will often not even press them, or as Celtic were able to do press them into making mistakes very easily, was genuinely weird to watch at times.

They were a complete mess last night

Counted numerous times the goalkeeper Masey actually passed backwards to defender for a goal kick. A second later the unwashed are on them and it's booted out for a throw.

Didn't they have two defenders suspended that would normally start. Doesn't help teams like Hibs that don't have much beyond their main starters.

Didn't they have two defenders suspended that would normally start. Doesn't help teams like Hibs that don't have much beyond their main starters.

Not only were McGinn and Porteous suspended, but their back up central defender, Darren McGregor, wasn't available either.

It looks shambolic but the picture doesn't really tell the full story as Celtic won the ball back high up the park.

Not sure what Hanlon is trying to do there.
A scum player with a yellow (correct colour for the occasion) lost possession in the left back area allowing another scum player, wearing green and grey hoops to break into that position and play to the guy who must be the smelliest, covid ridden, qunt on the planet (how else can he find himself with so much space?)

So according to FF every match should end scoreless.

Defending is simple and with a goalkeeper to back you up, abandon the sport altogether.

So according to FF every match should end scoreless.

Defending is simple and with a goalkeeper to back you up, abandon the sport altogether.

The Italians believed so....and in theory yes. Goals should be rare, special and hard to come by.

But even within that I doubt away at Neverland Ranch is place to start playing like Pep's Barce for first time.

Doig also had a stinker last night by all accounts and the Hibs away support were indulging in an iraoke with the Celtic support .

It’s not a penalty when hit another part of your body.

On the defending if they lost the ball they should be looking to get back in position and pressure the ball - they didn’t. Looked like they were playing a friendly and getting used to a new system (which they were).

I notice hibs got more position so has Ange change philosophy that it’s no longer most passes in a game/possession!??
They look as if they've added pace but fell away in the 2nd half as they often do. Hibs weren't far off making this a much closer affair. On the lost possession it happened very quickly but still question marks about how much space the scorer had. The test for them isn't playing at home in front of Hibs. Tynecastle is the opportunity before they play us but we just need to do the business ourselves tonight.

I thought there forward play on the counter was excellent to be honest, those passes from out wide in the attacking third, all the way back to Hanlon and co were precision personified. Baffling...but accurate.

It’s not a penalty when hit another part of your body.

On the defending if they lost the ball they should be looking to get back in position and pressure the ball - they didn’t. Looked like they were playing a friendly and getting used to a new system (which they were).

I notice hibs got more position so has Ange change philosophy that it’s no longer most passes in a game/possession!??
Even Sportscene highlights showed it hit his chest before his arm and the commentator was giving it "not sure if that would be given if we had VAR" but we know why we don't have VAR in this country.

You could see Macey, the Hibs goalie, gesticulating at the main stand linesman, it was possible that Collum didn't see the ball strike the chest first but the goalie seemed to be indicating to the linesman that he should have seen it...............and maybe he did.

Even Sportscene highlights showed it hit his chest before his arm and the commentator was giving it "not sure if that would be given if we had VAR" but we know why we don't have VAR in this country.

You could see Macey, the Hibs goalie, gesticulating at the main stand linesman, it was possible that Collum didn't see the ball strike the chest first but the goalie seemed to be indicating to the linesman that he should have seen it...............and maybe he did.
It absolutely wasn’t a penalty and for me it’s given purely as there’s enough to give it without any eyebrows being raised. (And I know they can get a penalty for nothing and it would be move along…)

I watched sellik for most of the 2nd half last night and you would think from the media today that they were superb last night.
Genuinely, for anyone who didn’t see it, they were very very average.
No threat going forward. Continually giving the ball away.
Any time Hibs actually mustered up a bit of courage and went forward sellik’s shape had to be seen to be believed.
Sellik cannot defend. Simply cannot defend.

We can only chuck this league away.

It absolutely wasn’t a penalty and for me it’s given purely as there’s enough to give it without any eyebrows being raised. (And I know they can get a penalty for nothing and it would be move along…)
Did it show Abada’s basketball skills in controlling the ball? Seen a clip today and it looks horrendous that it wasn’t spotted.

Celtic had just won the ball due to an error by the Hibs player, the sort of thing you see very often.
No, you don’t this is how they played all game with the back three. Wide open when trying to move forward it was insane.

It’s the usual crap we’ve seen for decades...other teams have a different mindset and higher level of motivation and effort when they are playing Rangers, not saying they don’t try against that mob although there’s been plenty of times you could level that accusation against various teams. We’ll no doubt see super human commitment and effort tonight from Abersheep players but there’s no excuse for any Rangers team playing against them at any time to be surprised by that so I hope our guys are ready for it and not coming back down the road having been rumbled by a bum outfit running about like mad men as if they’re lives depended on it. It’s a dog shit league and the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen are serial losers showing up for a battle against us and then reverting back to the usual garbage in their next game.

Did it show Abada’s basketball skills in controlling the ball? Seen a clip today and it looks horrendous that it wasn’t spotted.
I didn’t watch it that close, just seen the actual bit of the handball as real time I couldn’t see what really went on, replay is clear it comes off his chest. Unsure if ref would have seen it as players had backs to him, linesman then looking across so not sure he’d have a good view. For me I’d say would likely not be given more than it is, however benefit of doubt always goes to the one team!

2-0 down 5 mins to go and they are passing the ball backwards. right back to centre half to goalkeeper. Rinse and repeat. Terrible performance.

And anyone who suggests we should be buying Doig or Nisbet gies peace.

Back