Hibs ending all Match Programmes (including digital)

It would be mid 90’s the last time I bought one. I could never see the point. The team news was never accurate and anything else was super safe to ensure it never upset anybody. When I moved out when I got my first house I left loads of programme’s, Rangers news, old badges and scarves in the loft. My mother announced one Xmas they had a good clear out and got rid of all the old sh&te that was in the loft.

Surely you don’t get MyGers points for programmes?
You certainly do!

MyGers_FAQ.jpg

We live in interesting times. Despite the pervasive cancel culture these days, an 'edgier' version of the Rangers monthly (perhaps replacing the programme) might be a winner. Obviously it would need to find a careful balance, but it wouldn't be hard to find juicier content than what makes most programmes.

I think programmes should be brought into the modern age. Make them digital, but not in the sense they are now (which are just a scanned/pdf version of the matchday one) but make it an app, make it interactive. It could be updated with live team news, articles that can be commented on, score and goalscorer predictions, buy your half time raffle through it, have polls and quizzes for the kids (and adults) and see how well you done against other bears and so on.

As a traditionalist, it’s a real shame. I’d be interested in the age demographic of those buying programmes. I wouldn’t imagine too many youngsters pester their parents for one so they’ll undoubtedly be on the decline. I rarely buy one now, I bought every one for our home games in the 3rd division as a kind of ‘this could be a good memory one day’ type thing.

My mate buys a programme every single game, and has a very impressive collection.

He also collects programmes from other big sporting events etc.

I reckon he’s the only guy on our bus of 45-50 who does it every week.

A few of the older guys might get the odd one, or buy one if they bring their kids/grandkids etc.

That’s it though.

It used to be part of the match day ritual for me when I was younger.

I have literally hundreds of Notts County programmes, but I only collect from the games I have attended and I would be gutted if we stop producting them. They are a nice little memento of the games, and contain many memories of watching Notts home and away over the many years.

I know Leagues One and Two in England do not have to produce them, but we are in the National league which are still having to produce them.

I have kept all my ticket stubs as well, including old season tickets.

There is still quite a few Bears who collect programmes (me included) & some are going for ridiculous prices just now on ebay.

For example the other day there, a B team programme, this season v Edinburgh University, went for about £48 .

Other Rangers ones, mainly pre 60s, are going for hundreds of pounds.

I would be gutted if other clubs followed Ross Co. & Hibs and stopped producing them.
that was me bought Edinburgh university programme
third time lucky
collect home and away programmes as well as newspaper s on day of games in Europe
Europe half and half scarf and old tops etc
use to many programmes catalogue s but on line now or eBay but prices are getting high

Rangers v Aberdeen may 2021 title party price is about twenty pounds on eBay
The lad use to sell programme s across from main stand was good to pick up programmes old \ new

Written Publications

That starts with our matchday programme. We used the international break to analyse the readership, downloads, and purchases of each edition and have made a decision to no longer continue with these in their current format.

We do, however, understand that there is a section of our supporters, currently and historically, that like to purchase written publications from us. With this in mind, we’ve come up with an alternative and will produce a 100-page quarterly magazine.

The magazine will attempt to bring you closer to the club, our players, our staff, and aim to give you a great insight into Hibernian FC.

We aspire to print the first edition in January 2022 and we will provide all supporters who have purchased the printed programmes so far this season, from Curtis Sport, the first one free of charge.

More details on the quarterly magazine will be released in due course.

Equally, we will produce a number of new features on hibernianfc.co.uk, so make sure you check that out! We’re hoping that it’ll provide you with all your content needs ahead of a matchday.
That first edition will be 97 pages of how hibs were pyoor cheatit' at Ibrox...
B-)

I think programmes should be brought into the modern age. Make them digital, but not in the sense they are now (which are just a scanned/pdf version of the matchday one) but make it an app, make it interactive. It could be updated with live team news, articles that can be commented on, score and goalscorer predictions, buy your half time raffle through it, have polls and quizzes for the kids (and adults) and see how well you done against other bears and so on.
That is a good shout m8.

I have literally hundreds of Notts County programmes, but I only collect from the games I have attended and I would be gutted if we stop producting them. They are a nice little memento of the games, and contain many memories of watching Notts home and away over the many years.

I know Leagues One and Two in England do not have to produce them, but we are in the National league which are still having to produce them.

I have kept all my ticket stubs as well, including old season tickets.
I have also collected ticket stubs m8, i always keep mine.

Most of the serious collectors I know are upwards of 40. Many, like myself, in their 50’s and 60’s. I think with the lack of interest from younger fans in the collecting scene and digitalization, the hobby is sadly on a one way track to no where. You could say the same for match tickets. In fact, in a digital world, I think you could say the same for a lot of collectibles.

Back