Hibs forum

Kenny Miller repeatedly called it soft white smirking and Boyd also called it soft and at one point said it was 50/50 when it was stonewall
This is the last thing we need from our own and only feeds the rhabid narrative. In the next couple of games we are going to get a stonewall pen refused due to this pish

I was quite annoyed at the 2 of them last night.

Both should have said 100% stonewaller and it would haveended the debate. Instead the conversation went on for a few minutes and next time something like that happens the ref will be under pressure not to give it

There's a media narrative at play in this country and it's to generate as many views and clicks as possible.
Rangers being the biggest and most hated club in the country generates the most views and clicks and so pundits, even our ex players, know that if they don't play the game then the call to appear on whatever show next time might not come.
Starting tonight on the phone ins the penalty incident will be controversial and may even be called a non penalty to generate calls of seeth.

There's a media narrative at play in this country and it's to generate as many views and clicks as possible.
Rangers being the biggest and most hated club in the country generates the most views and clicks and so pundits, even our ex players, know that if they don't play the game then the call to appear on whatever show next time might not come.
Starting tonight on the phone ins the penalty incident will be controversial and may even be called a non penalty to generate calls of seeth.
Can’t wait :)

Porteous could’ve went in two footed off the ground, halved Kent and you’d still get moonhowlers claiming it’s not a penalty

I don’t think I’ve seen a single person in the media say it wasn’t a penalty or a dodgy penalty. We love to be offended by things that just didn’t happen these days
Back pages headlines 'controversial penalty'.

I hate any players diving, even ours and I actually thought Kent had cheated for the penalty on the first two views but once you see it from behind the goals it was 100% a penalty. Once you see it from that angle no-one can seriously defend the view that it wasn't.
Why would he want to dive if that big cart horse portios doesn’t dive in Kent is getting his shot away

Cousin was at the game last night, deluded Hivs fan however he said can have no complaints, was a stonewall penalty, reckons Porteous pulled away but contact was made before which is in effect a penalty, hard or soft boiled we all know the rest.... people like half a heid Hartson give the harbourers a platform to empty their tears, media latch onto clownshoes like him and Sutton... their pain is my joy.
Love him, or hate him, he had brain cancer. Comments like that are unnecessary.

There isn't any doubt it was a penalty - other than from the Celtic supporters, who are going mental, and the media. Who just want to attack Rangers at all costs, all the time.
Attacking the ref too! If I had my way I would throw them into a league on their own but they would probably make something up to moan about?

The person with the best view in the stadium was the referee. He was a few yards away and looking right at the incident. He had a better view than any of the camera angles we have seen

Has Porteous ever had a good game against us?

Off the top of my head, the last 3 alone -

Red card at 1-0 up, we win 2-1
We are brutal, lose 3-1 and he gifts us our only goal of the game
Last night, gives away a penalty and we win 1-0

Anytime I watch Sportscene, he's constantly making mistakes. an OG at the weekend as well

He's stinking.

I don’t think I’ve seen a single person in the media say it wasn’t a penalty or a dodgy penalty. We love to be offended by things that just didn’t happen these days
I know you love to side against the club in nearly every situation, especially to take the side of the media, so it’s no surprise you are wrong on this one again.

Were you not one of the ones attacking the club over the Cinch stuff, that it appears the club were 100% legally correct to do. Would have thought you might be slower to dive in after that one.

Just looked at them, one headline that has controversial in it and the rest don’t and all say it’s a penalty. Need to calm down a bit
You said not one person, ubik gave you an example proving your “not one person line” was crap, then still act like you were correct to state that lie.

Yeah i dont understand the thought process either.

"The huddleboard is golden reading this morning."

A bunch of muckbags calling us "sevco" "huns" etc.

Nah i will pass.
Couldn’t agree more mate total oddballs going on these forums

I know you love to side against the club in nearly every situation, especially to take the side of the media, so it’s no surprise you are wrong on this one again.

Where you not one of the ones attacking the club over the Cinch stuff, that it appears the club were 100% legally correct to do. Would have thought you might be slower to dive in after that one.
I don’t recall getting involved in any of the cinch debates. I think a lot of what the club is doing on the media side comes across as petty, I don’t have to agree with everything they do, you know?
You said not one person, ubik gave you an example proving your “not one person line” was crap, then still act like you were correct to state that lie.
I said I hadn’t seen one person, apologies for not looking at every single back page but maybe you should read things properly before jumping in accusing people of lying? 99.9% of people said it was a penalty. i don’t think it’s worth getting upset about if one back page has the word controversial in it.

I really want to get ‘penalty to Rangers’ on the back of my top.

Histories most beautiful trio of words.
I used to hate it,but really embrace it now a yahoo who works beside me constantly goes on about rangers given penalties penalties masons blah blah conspiracy,i just agree now laugh and say of course its a conspiracy the brotherhood were all in this together ,he then starts stammerin and mumbling whilst other nuetrals around laugh at him.

Anyone who looks at the close-up TV images and says that's not a penalty needs help.

If they're in football they should be thrown out of football.

The recent penalty given against us by Father Clancy was far more questionable - but the frenzied embarrassing Hib's fake tantrums (clearly Ross' coaching for Rangers-only games) appeared to have made Clancy's mind up!

I used to hate it,but really embrace it now a yahoo who works beside me constantly goes on about rangers given penalties penalties masons blah blah conspiracy,i just agree now laugh and say of course its a conspiracy the brotherhood were all in this together ,he then starts stammerin and mumbling whilst other nuetrals around laugh at him.
When timmy give it the Mason stuff. I always remind them Jock Stein was a Mason and that's probably why Celtic were most successful in the 60s and 70s.

I don’t recall getting involved in any of the cinch debates. I think a lot of what the club is doing on the media side comes across as petty, I don’t have to agree with everything they do, you know?

I said I hadn’t seen one person, apologies for not looking at every single back page but maybe you should read things properly before jumping in accusing people of lying? 99.9% of people said it was a penalty. i don’t think it’s worth getting upset about if one back page has the word controversial in it.
You could have held you hands up after your accusation was proved false, if your intent wasn’t to be dishonest

I was speaking with a Hibs fan this morning and he said it was 100% a stonewall penalty. He did say RK went down quite easily but penalty nevertheless. Moreover, he also said Porteous should get the idiocy out of his game and then he wouldn’t give away penalties or get sent off so much. Very fair and sensible comments I’d say.

Why would he want to dive if that big cart horse portios doesn’t dive in Kent is getting his shot away
I have no idea myself but many seem to want to cheat and from the first two angles I thought he had dived to win a penalty. Seeing it from behind the goals it is clear he was fouled so a good call from the ref.

I don't think Porteous is a carthorse. Bit rough around the edges (and a bit of a tit) but is a good player who could do a job for us no problem.

You could have held you hands up after your accusation was proved false, if your intent wasn’t to be dishonest
My accusation of what? I said I hadn’t seen anyone say it, not that nobody had because there’s always going to be someone who thinks it wasn’t a penalty. Your anger at this is weird, stick me on ignore if you have an issue with my posts.

Love him, or hate him, he had brain cancer. Comments like that are unnecessary.
With all due respect my comments were aimed at the absolute drivel thats dreamed up in his head against us on a near daily basis, not once did I refer to any brain cancer or brain injury, nor would I. I have 2 family members suffering from cancer at the moment so I understand where you are pointing towards, apologies if you thought otherwise however in this instance you are a world away from what I was meaning.

With all due respect my comments were aimed at the absolute drivel thats dreamed up in his head against us on a near daily basis, not once did I refer to any brain cancer or brain injury, nor would I. I have 2 family members suffering from cancer at the moment so I understand where you are pointing towards, apologies if you thought otherwise however in this instance you are a world away from what I was meaning.
I hear what you're saying. No need for apology.

I lost my daughter to brain cancer and maybe I'm over sensitive, but you can maybe understand that 'half a heid' referring to Hartson, hasn't many forms of interpretation.

I hear what you're saying. No need for apology.

I lost my daughter to brain cancer and maybe I'm over sensitive, but you can maybe understand that 'half a heid' referring to Hartson, hasn't many forms of interpretation.
I fully understand and could maybe have worded differently however it was more figure of speech with absolutely no malice intended, Hartson is famous for not being blessed with much of an IQ and thats what I was referring to, I understand your sensitivity and sorry regarding your daughter. You've picked my up wrong which I understand, no harm meant and not harm done.

Back