Hibs forum

Just looked at them, one headline that has controversial in it and the rest don’t and all say it’s a penalty. Need to calm down a bit

I am perfectly calm however you first off all stated you hadn't see anyone say it was dodgy then insinuated we're offended by something that didnt happen yet it's on the back page of a newspaper.

you've then doubled down, instead of acknowledging your error you ask people to calm down. Peculiar.

I don’t think I’ve seen a single person in the media say it wasn’t a penalty or a dodgy penalty. We love to be offended by things that just didn’t happen these days

Apart from lunatics, nobody really believes it wasn’t a penalty. They will just use words like: soft, controversial, ‘was adjudged to have’, and stuff like that to make it seem like we got a dodgy one.

I have been watching us for about 40 years now and don’t remember a single penalty decision that we have ever been given that wasn’t controversial.

Both Kerryfail St and Hibs.net are full of supporters who have conceded that it is a completely stonewall penalty.
Although in the case of Kerryfail it comes with the added wisdom “we wouldn’t have been given it”, completely ignoring the ridiculous injury time penalty Madden gave them just a few short weeks ago.

It’s always the same with the mutants.
Decisions for us ( be it correct or incorrect) lingers in their tiny minds like a cancer.

Amnesia sets in for their countless beneficial ones.

PS Madden has them tonight again.
Watch this space.

I talked to an old guy in work who was a life long tim, and he said to me he's been at games and he's come out thinking 'how the f#ck did we get that?' so don't kid yourself that they all think they're constantly hard done by. They know they get the breaks as much as any other of the big sides.

Has Porteous ever had a good game against us?

Off the top of my head, the last 3 alone -

Red card at 1-0 up, we win 2-1
We are brutal, lose 3-1 and he gifts us our only goal of the game
Last night, gives away a penalty and we win 1-0

Anytime I watch Sportscene, he's constantly making mistakes. an OG at the weekend as well

He's stinking.

Wasn’t he red carded for Borna crazy tackle at ER a year or two ago ?

I have no idea myself but many seem to want to cheat and from the first two angles I thought he had dived to win a penalty. Seeing it from behind the goals it is clear he was fouled so a good call from the ref.

I don't think Porteous is a carthorse. Bit rough around the edges (and a bit of a tit) but is a good player who could do a job for us no problem.
He could never play like the way he plays at Hibs for Rangers, he's even a liability at Hibs.

I know you love to side against the club in nearly every situation, especially to take the side of the media, so it’s no surprise you are wrong on this one again.

Were you not one of the ones attacking the club over the Cinch stuff, that it appears the club were 100% legally correct to do. Would have thought you might be slower to dive in after that one.
Play the ball, not the man. He's right.

Apart from lunatics, nobody really believes it wasn’t a penalty. They will just use words like: soft, controversial, ‘was adjudged to have’, and stuff like that to make it seem like we got a dodgy one.

I have been watching us for about 40 years now and don’t remember a single penalty decision that we have ever been given that wasn’t controversial.
I remember there was a running joke in the media from at least the 70's. "What was the score?" 1-0, "who scored the penalty?". This is not new folks.

Had a look and most of their supporters are saying stonewall penalty. Can’t get my head round the dodgy penalty narrative being pushed by the media.
It's just the celtc loving mhedia doing their usual to make sure refs know what onslaught awaits them even when they adhere to the rules of football. They simply must think twice before awarding us even a stonewall penalty.

Im surprised people are surprised at the ‘narrartive’

This could be a pivotal week.

The Sharks are being prepared.

I've always been a Rangers supporter, so can't necessarily relate, but when I think of teams like Hibs, when I see they effort they make against us, every time we play, I'd be raging seeing the lack of effort when they are playing other teams.

It would be like us trying hard in Europe, but not at all domestically. They seem content with their place in the world of trying hard against us, then finishing 6th. It's bizarre.

Has Porteous ever had a good game against us?

Off the top of my head, the last 3 alone -

Red card at 1-0 up, we win 2-1
We are brutal, lose 3-1 and he gifts us our only goal of the game
Last night, gives away a penalty and we win 1-0

Anytime I watch Sportscene, he's constantly making mistakes. an OG at the weekend as well

He's stinking.
He is absolutely terrible. Literally only rated cos he's a "hardman".

He is absolutely terrible. Literally only rated cos he's a "hardman".
I actually thought he played well until giving away the pen last night. And my position previously was that it did my tits in every time previously he does something stupid that we'd get the "he could be great if he just screwed the nut" pish.

Didn't see it at all.

But do think he was decent for them last night, which makes him chucking away the game funnier imo.

I've always been a Rangers supporter, so can't necessarily relate, but when I think of teams like Hibs, when I see they effort they make against us, every time we play, I'd be raging seeing the lack of effort when they are playing other teams.

It would be like us trying hard in Europe, but not at all domestically. They seem content with their place in the world of trying hard against us, then finishing 6th. It's bizarre.

I said similar in the match thread last night

It's occurred to me that - if I supported Hiv's (God forbid) - I'd really only expect the best efforts from my team when they play us the 4 times in the league each year or additionally by chance getting drawn in either of the cups

So in effect it would sort of be like us only trying our best against septic - for example

Now I know I'll always expect every Gers player to make every effort against them - but I'd be well pissed off if these were the only matches we truly competed in or were actually worth watching

I know hiv's aren't the only team who see games against us as their chances of 4 cup finals a year - but are they all really this dishonest to their own supporters ?

Don't they realise just how pathetic & embarrassing they really are ?

Because they need content to keep their industry relevant, and rather than produce solid football content, they take the easy route and try and make everything seem dramatic.
Agree with you on this, what I think though is that this policy will be their undoing, if not already. Especially with all podcasts and supporters now running a stream to a large fan base.

Back